Poll: How much gold have you spent on Transmog during MoP?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How much have you spent on Trasmogrification?

I'm pretty much a transmog-a-holic. I definitely have splurged quite a bit on transmog items for all my toons this expansion. Off the top of my head, some of the big ticket items I've purchased this expansion alone include:

For my Rogue:
    • Full Bonescythe (200k+)
    • Full Dreamwalker (200k+)
    • Battered Hilt (6k)
    • Blade of Wizardry (10k)

For my Paladin:
    • A couple pieces of Dreadnaught (80k)
    • Glorious Chest (5k)

Plus another 20k or so all the other stuff I've bought for my 7 90s.

Deleted
    I have spent quite a bit of gold on transmogs, around 10k I'd say, but I've made a lot more than that selling transmog items.

Nothing, because all it provides is a different look - and that is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I dont really buy items i farm em besides for the parts i cant find so about 1k-2k
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

150-400k probably Almost done with t3. It seems to always go up on days I'm not home.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2014-04-13 at 09:03 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually try and nab pieces when they're cheap, or use pieces from raids if at all possible.

I DID snag a pair of glorious legplates that someone foolishly tossed up for 300g, though. I think that's the most I've spent on a transmog item.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Nothing, because all it provides is a different look - and that is useless.
    What can you buy that is useful? Oh right those couple of crappy normal mode boes 1 year into a tier.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2014-04-13 at 09:02 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only a couple hundred so far, since I've just come back from a hiatus.

Deleted
    Bought the Battered Hilt after i grew tired of farming for it, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    What can you buy that is useful? Oh right those couple of crappy normal mode boes 1 year into a tier.
    I rather sit on my goldcap than spending it. That includes BMAH stuff that would actually be an upgrade - heavily diminished through the price, but still an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    I rather sit on my goldcap than spending it. That includes BMAH stuff that would actually be an upgrade - heavily diminished through the price, but still an upgrade.
    What do you spend your gold on then? You could just bust out the calculator if you like big numbers.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played, I made far more than what I spent. I frequently farm lower level instances, as well as leveling alts. As such, I end up with a truckload of greens that people want. All of them go to the auction house, and all of them eventually sell. It has gotten to the point where I just disenchant blues and epics that drop, and actually sell the greens. I am not sure on exact numbers, but I would imagine I was averaging about 3000 to 4000G a day...the rest of my transmog that I didn't farm, I bought. Maybe 10k total. I either made my own sets, or just farmed dungeon drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

150-400k here, T3 on a super high pop is expensive ><

Most xmog is farmable, but I suppose there's those that bought a CM gold (no need to be ashamed or anything), or a ultra rare item like Teebu's. I have groups set up in TSM for xmog sales but there's too much redundancy on a high pop to make more than a few hundred g here or there.

IMO T3 should be just a class token

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    What do you spend your gold on then? You could just bust out the calculator if you like big numbers.
    As I said, nothing. I don't care for looks. Went for goldcap for the challenge.

400k +. I'm a heavy RPer, and my look must always be up to date.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly took jp, hp, lots of patience and dung runs to get my dk the fl heal gear, hunter 3 Mogg types, and warr the Mogg I need to get(fl fire giant, so far, have heal helm, ugly shield, gloves and shoulders, plus hammer)

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just say, it took about months to get the stuff

Most of my stuff is from raids so not really a whole lot. However, I have been collecting the Plagueheart set from the BMAH for my mage. Of course, I've been waiting since December of 2012 for the robe to reappear... If it ever does I'd say I've spent around 60-70k on vanity gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably close to 100k, I have purchased a few T3 items.
    Anything else i have been able to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent about at least 10k in transmog, which is actually quite small because the gear I use is mostly BoP, as in previous PvP tier gear. Most of that money was spent on my Priest's transmog. (getting the Primal Mooncloth + Whitemend set crafted)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Who knows? How does anyone know? Is there a stat in the game that calculates this? Asking based on someone's guess is pretty useless.

I 'probably' have spent very little. Like upgraded character models, I find very little use in transmog. The only time I see my character is for the brief second I'm at the character selection screen.