10+ Year Old Account

New System Advice

Okay, so I'm looking to buy a new system. The one I have is 7-8 years out of date and I'd rather just get a new one and upkeep it instead of upgrading the one I've got. I'd like some recommendations from people who know what they're talking about instead of guessing myself.

I'm not at my house at the moment (at work typing on my phone,) so I can't get my system specs exactly, but that (hopefully) shouldn't matter since I want to completely replace it. I can get the specs if needed, just won't happen at this moment. Currently using an eMachine from WalMart...one of the weaker ones.

I don't need a keyboard, speakers, or any other hardware; just a tower. Although, if you have suggestions for those too, I won't turn them away.

Basically, I'm looking for something that is CAPABLE of playing WoW on max settings (even if I want to play less than max) in 25-man raids. As it stands now, I have to play with everything on min settings and I still get lag when raiding. I'm concerned WoD might push my system too far and not be able to play it.

Trying to keep it relatively cheap (<$600-800), as I have a limited budget.

Again, typing from my phone, so apologies for issues with the post.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2014-04-14 at 05:03 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I'd recommend filling out the info from This Sticky to help us get some more exact info.

Second, going to move this the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's only for WoW, you can make due with only SSD, but if you want something else, add a 55$ WD Blue 1TB

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($124.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($51.38 @ Newegg)
    Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $629.29
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-14 01:33 EDT-0400)
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    If it's only for WoW, you can make due with only SSD, but if you want something else, add a 55$ WD Blue 1TB

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($51.38 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    I would look at going for an i5 processor if you can afford it, i5-4570 would top it out as the max benefit you can get (i7 is no difference to gaming), I would also switch over to Windows 8.1, so you can get the (proven) better performance for your games, & better all round experience in Windows. If you really need a start menu then I would recommend startisback (cost like $2) so you can have your start menu & the benefits windows 8 brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 4670K + Z87 + Cooler can definitely fit in that budget. I would recommend it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The 4670K + Z87 + Cooler can definitely fit in that budget. I would recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I would look at going for an i5 processor if you can afford it, i5-4570 would top it out as the max benefit you can get (i7 is no difference to gaming), I would also switch over to Windows 8.1, so you can get the (proven) better performance for your games, & better all round experience in Windows. If you really need a start menu then I would recommend startisback (cost like $2) so you can have your start menu & the benefits windows 8 brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post

TY for that.

Don't suppose a place exists that could build it to those specs and ship it to me? Or is this one more of a build-it-at-home type?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    First, I'd recommend filling out the info from This Sticky to help us get some more exact info.

Second, going to move this the build/upgrade subforum!
    Sorry. Work's internet isn't very reliable and I wanted to get it all typed up before I lost the connection.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    TY for that.

Don't suppose a place exists that could build it to those specs and ship it to me? Or is this one more of a build-it-at-home type?
    We use the website for easy part selection, it usually gives several shops where you can buy the parts from, if you want to save as much money as you can, you look through shops for cheapest offer.
    We only use it for convenience, if you have a prefered store you should let us know.

In my country you can walk into a PC shop with a list of parts and they will get all the parts and put them together for you, for a fee. If you have a PC shop in town you can just ask there.
    PM me weird stuff :3