Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    Would someone mind critiquing my opening sequence?

Pre-glaive at 2 seconds always scares me a bit, so normally I - Pre-Pot @ 1 sec. > Stampede macro > KC > Dire Beast > Glaive Toss > Serpent Sting > Arcane Shot once or twice then KC is back up.

My Stampede macro looks like this:

#showtooltip Stampede
    /petattack
    /cast Stampede
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Berserking
    /petattack

If someone wouldn't mind looking at this for me to see if I could improve at all I would appreciate it!
    You should put Bestial Wrath before Stampede in that macro so you get a stack of the 4set aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    You should put Bestial Wrath before Stampede in that macro so you get a stack of the 4set aswell.
    ... Doesn't matter, Bestial Wrath will be used first anyway because it's off the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    ... Doesn't matter, Bestial Wrath will be used first anyway because it's off the GCD.
    It does matter though, if it's the first GCD in his opener. I just tried the macro he posted a bunch of times and I never got a stack from it. Then I put bestial wrath first and I got a stack every single time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    It does matter though, if it's the first GCD in his opener. I just tried the macro he posted a bunch of times and I never got a stack from it. Then I put bestial wrath first and I got a stack every single time.
    Thing is it shouldn't be the first GCD in your opener though. That would be either SrS/Multi-Shot based on the encounter. But yeah, could be wise to put BW first just as a precaution.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey Wrecker. didnt happen to be on thaurissan once upon a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    hey Wrecker. didnt happen to be on thaurissan once upon a time?
    Nope - I've only ever solidly played on Aggramar, Haomarush and The Maelstrom.

I do make appearances on Ravencrest, Silvermoon and Stormscale from time to time too
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

Deleted
    Hai Wrecker :P What character on Silvermoon? :P

Deleted
    Azor you leave nothing for Wrecker at all? :O

I do! I was just linking his Silvermoon char's armory.

Deleted
    You are the best too!

so under what circumstances should we be using ToTH over DB?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayvoff View Post
    so under what circumstances should we be using ToTH over DB?
    DB on single target fights or fights with minimal target switching like Jugg/Malk/Thok,
    TotH is generally used on AoE fights like Immerseus/Galakras/Spoils.
    Same goes for Glaive Toss/Barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Newt View Post
    DB on single target fights or fights with minimal target switching like Jugg/Malk/Thok,
    TotH is generally used on AoE fights like Immerseus/Galakras/Spoils.
    Same goes for Glaive Toss/Barrage.
    gotcha. so using both toth and barrage isnt a bit overkill for a fight like immerseus? the adds die pretty fast. or is that something best left to trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by Slayvoff View Post
    gotcha. so using both toth and barrage isnt a bit overkill for a fight like immerseus? the adds die pretty fast. or is that something best left to trial and error
    Depends. At this point the small puddle adds that spawns when you hit the boss aren't even worth spec'ing around anymore unless you want to rank - everyone else will slaughter them on sight cos LOL AOE anyway.
    On the other hand, barrage is decent for killing clusters of black blobs that are spread too far apart for beast cleave / using after you sent your pet in with a multishot. Same with TOTH, decent burst potential, especially if you can't line fervor up well.

gotcha. and with barrage does it matter which mob u aim at? like the one nearest u vs the one in the back?

You just want to hit a mob that will live for the whole duration of the barrage. If your barrage target dies, the channel will continue downwards while...nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You just want to hit a mob that will live for the whole duration of the barrage. If your barrage target dies, the channel will continue downwards while...nothing happens.
    this isn't true. If your barrage target dies you will continue to do the 320% damage to all targets in front of you.

Is it just the animation that stops then?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is it just the animation that stops then?
    Yeah, you're advice is still good though. You want the main target to stay alive for the duration because it gets hit the hardest (640%). The cone will still persist where it died, but that 640% weapon damage is strong and you really do want to target the add with the highest health in a cluster, if at all possible.