Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Tried it. Even in OQueue. People only want people with conq weapons. This is another pvp season I have to bow out of...
    Well we are at the point of the catchup that you can have your weapons day 1 after hitting 90. Use a friend or pay someone to carry you in 2s. My dk carried my friends lock who had 210k and pretty much nothing on just last week, we went like 35-21 or something like that. Its crazy how easy it is to 2v1 people when the team ignores you and tries to catch the lock who won't leave his mount in LoS. The day he hit 90 he had conq weapons, just find a friend who is decent/good who has gear on a strong DPS and get carried to your weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Well we are at the point of the catchup that you can have your weapons day 1 after hitting 90. Use a friend or pay someone to carry you in 2s. My dk carried my friends lock who had 210k and pretty much nothing on just last week, we went like 35-21 or something like that. Its crazy how easy it is to 2v1 people when the team ignores you and tries to catch the lock who won't leave his mount in LoS. The day he hit 90 he had conq weapons, just find a friend who is decent/good who has gear on a strong DPS and get carried to your weapon.
    I have no friends and no gold to buy carries. I have no option but to do what ive done every pvp season. Quit.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I have no friends and no gold to buy carries. I have no option but to do what ive done every pvp season. Quit.
    No offense but how did you intend to pvp in the first place? Do yolo rbgs for point caps all season? I mean, how do you plan to do anything rated with any seriousness if you don't have anyone to play with? Join a pvp guild or something. I would not even have a wow sub if it weren't for the 5-6 people I play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    No offense but how did you intend to pvp in the first place? Do yolo rbgs for point caps all season? I mean, how do you plan to do anything rated with any seriousness if you don't have anyone to play with? Join a pvp guild or something. I would not even have a wow sub if it weren't for the 5-6 people I play with.
    I have gotten to 1900 rating before from joining groups in trade. Not yolo groups but guild groups/regular running groups, who just need 1 person for their rbgs for that night.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Tried it. Even in OQueue. People only want people with conq weapons. This is another pvp season I have to bow out of...
    It's quite possible to get conquest weapons without doing rated PvP content. I've just reached 7250 CP on a second character this season, both entirely through random BGs, CtA, and IoT PvP dailies.

Sure, this takes a lot of random/CtA BGs, but presumably you want these weapons because you want to PvP with them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I hate to be one of "those" people, but.... keep trying. I managed to get in Oqueue's with some griev gear and the rest raiding gear. I didn't even get a weapon until a couple of days ago. You just still have to find ways to be an asset to your team, even if your gear isn't up to par. To get the Griev gear I did have, I farmed random BGs and ran heroics, farming JP and converting them to honor.

It's a PITA to get started this season, but it can be done

Assuming you have no PvP gear the best place to actually start imo is by either getting some friends to farm dungeons or queuing as tank and getting the quick queue. This way you will get 120 JP per boss kill, 500 JP = 250 honor and the dungeons take about 10mins to complete. I think all dungeons have at least 3 bosses so you actually get honor pretty quick.

This way you wont be absolutely owned when you first jump into random bg's or feel like you can't kill anything or thinking damn i just wasted 25-30mins getting trounced!

Then as other people mentioned its all about reading up, setting keybinds, ui etc.

Currently doing this for my feral druid got head/gloves/legs/shoulders/chest today, then all the other pieces tomorrow!

Deleted
    I chose to boost a DK to 90 and it's the most fun I've had in PvP for ages. Still learning the class but found two very helpful guides for unholy and frost and Arena Junkies. They had more than just the standard glyph/talent/stat priority most guides have including the closest thing to a priority system I've found and also had useful macros and comp advice. Gives a great base however almost everything in PvP is situational and you only really learn by playing. As you have experience as a DK (rune system, dot tracking etc.) you'll probably learn pretty quickly, good luck.