Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

blizzard said they want garrisons to be part of leveling

i read it on the front page of mmo champion that they want to make garrissons a part of leveling your toon, well if this is true then WOD leveling i gonna suck, i dnt wanna be forced to do shit on a garrisson forcing me to spend gold and the garrisons will just be as popular as the farms in MOP un used and pointless, basically what garrisons is is like the google+ of wow and there forcing you to use it to level your toon.

Whatever is part of the leveling experience with Garrison will be free, or cost silver. And the only reason why the start up with be in the leveling is because it directly involves with the story.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

People are looking at garrisons the wrong way. They're more like a customisable, personal city than a farm. In a city you have your inn, vendors, profession areas, portals etc, garrisons have all these things plus you can choose what you want on each character. It will probably involve some gold I imagine, but the main resource for garrisons seems to be simply called 'material', which is gathered by followers I believe. If anything, garrisons will help you generate gold as they allow you to get unique recipes or schematics, as well as gather resources for professions more quickly.

They also said that you can completely skip garrisons while levelling if you want to, and I don't think any garrison advancement actually costs gold.

I doubt it's gonna force you to spend 1000s of gold on it.

There'll be some initial quests to set up your garrison and introduce you to it, then you'll be on your merry way, and can do what you want.

That's how I imagine it anyway.

Or you could ignore that quest and do others.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP, how about we WAIT AND SEE till beta till u start bitching about it?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It'll probably be as much as involved with leveling as the farm was. Eg, a few non-mandatory quests.

At max level they'll probably be more involved than farm with crafting but probably won't be needed in absolute sense for min/maxing.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are people really taking that blue comment and acting like they won't be able to do ANY other quests in ANY of the zones unless they slave over their garrison?

Or, hell, chain run dungeons while queueing from SW/Org?

I strongly doubt your leveling experience is going to be impacted.

Flamebait OP.

I won't bother explaining how terribly wrong you are and all that. Go re-read the blue posts and blogs and all that stuff. Takes an average IQ to comprehend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Flamebait OP.

I won't bother explaining how terribly wrong you are and all that. Go re-read the blue posts and blogs and all that stuff. Takes an average IQ to comprehend it.
    on top of that he plays on an RP server and hates Garrisons already?? *scratches head*

Deleted
    eeerm... I was under the impression that Garrisons will help us MAKE money.. not spend it..

*blink*

Deleted
    Garrisons are awesome. You're welcome.

In terms of story quests, you will probably need to have a garrison set up, but I very much doubt you'll be locked out of any serious questing unless you have a level 3 garrison with level 3 buildings in every slot or anything like that. The only possible exception is a max-level chain that's specifically tied to garrisons, but that's a far cry from say, regular Talador questing.

Gold costs will likely be minimal (don't trust the BlizzCon screenshots, they were mockups) and will probably be non-existent when it comes to the things you need to progress the main story.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    Garrisons are awesome. You're welcome.
    They're crap. Half-assed graphic design, a copy-and-pasted feature that other games do better and it looks boring as shit with no story attached to it.

And, best of all, THIS is the only new feature for this pathetic excuse of an expansion. Yeah, that's worth $50. lol
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Farms unused? By you, perhaps, there are still a lot of people doing that stuff every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    They're crap. Half-assed graphic design, a copy-and-pasted feature that other games do better and it looks boring as shit with no story attached to it.

And, best of all, THIS is the only new feature for this pathetic excuse of an expansion. Yeah, that's worth $50. lol
    This is a joke right? You don't know ANY of this. We haven't seen the final graphic design so you can't say that it's half assed. We don't know all the features of it so you can't say that it's copy and pasted and we don't know how it's going to fit into the story so you can't comment on that. We do know however that it WILL fit into the story so that last comment is the funniest of them all.

Looks like another troll thread from the OP.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

1. Half-assed design? They've spent months designing multiple versions of each building, and they're the most detailed buildings we've seen in WoW so far.

2. Copy-and-pasted? No. Sure, other games have done similar things, but player housing isn't a revolutionary concept. People have always wanted a home for their characters in MMOs. Blizzard have just held off so they were sure it wasn't done as 'half-assed' as you suggest. All these buildings are new, made specifically for garrisons, not copied from existing assets.

3. Looks boring as shit: your opinion, can't really say anything against that other than I would wait until you actually experience it before making such a judgement.

4. No story attached: not true. They are worked into the lore of WoD. Durotan gives you your plot of land. You're trying to make a military foothold in Draenor, defending it against the Iron Horde. Not to mention there are apparently quests linked to parts of the garrisons.

If you're going to judge something, at least make an informed judgement.

But you've just made all of this up, they're not even in the game yet

They probably say that because Durotan gives you your plot of land after completing the intro quests and you unlock certain followers through questing.

If we can indeed fully level up our garrisons at 90 instead of 100 you can bet I'm doing it on every alt