Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Why is everyone getting so defensive, lol?

All I'm saying, is they APPEAR easy to play, so I'm asking you to prove me otherwise because I'm considering playing one.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I'd agree with this. That's why RMP with enough skill always dominated in arenas. And I'd guess they still do.
    That was then, it is now. Mages are very easy to play, even on high level. Rogues still take skill, but waaaay more luck too. That is why there are no rogues in Arenas on high level, if you fuck up your opening, you are dead. Theres no combing back like in TBC/Wotlk.

Mages, Warriors, DKs and Hunters are by far the most easiest classes to play, with Hunter leading the pack.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    That was then, it is now. Mages are very easy to play, even on high level. Rogues still take skill, but waaaay more luck too. That is why there are no rogues in Arenas on high level, if you fuck up your opening, you are dead. Theres no combing back like in TBC/Wotlk.

Mages, Warriors, DKs and Hunters are by far the most easiest classes to play, with Hunter leading the pack.

I've played Warriors, DKs and Hunters. As you said, Hunters are ridiculously easy. DKs seem fairly easy, but I played Frost back in WoTLK. And Warriors I'm unsure wether are easy or not, there is a huge difference between a good warrior and an ok warrior.

Decided I'm definitely not playing a Mage though.

Deleted
    That all depends OP but for the matter of discussion I will be talking PvE wise only.

Arcane and fire are pretty simple for the most part but the difficult part comes in when you want to play frost to it's maximum potential in high end raiding. All 3 specs are pretty simple to perform at an average level but to master a frost mage takes far more than mastering arcane or fire imo. And in the end it's worth it to because frost will put out some pretty insane numbers although it can be quite difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentchi View Post
    Why is everyone getting so defensive, lol?

All I'm saying, is they APPEAR easy to play, so I'm asking you to prove me otherwise because I'm considering playing one.
    Go play a mage and prove yourself otherwise.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    I've played Warriors, DKs and Hunters. As you said, Hunters are ridiculously easy. DKs seem fairly easy, but I played Frost back in WoTLK. And Warriors I'm unsure wether are easy or not, there is a huge difference between a good warrior and an ok warrior.

Decided I'm definitely not playing a Mage though.
    Warrior dps is actually really easy whether you're arms or fury. If you're looking for a fairly difficult dps class to dps with you'd be better off with a demo lock or MM hunter if mages aren't your thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Go play a mage and prove yourself otherwise.
    The reason I made this post is so I don't waste my time playing a class I'm going to end up finding boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    That all depends OP but for the matter of discussion I will be talking PvE wise only.
    It even says PVP in the title............................................
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I made this post is so I don't waste my time playing a class I'm going to end up finding boring.
    I don't think there is any other way. Different people have different opinions on different matters. Tough luck. Try it out - if you get bored, never play the class again, simple as that.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

depends on the bracket, spec, and gear you have in my opinion.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You will get trained in arena 90% of the games you play, trying to CC, do damage and survive with KFC ass raping you is far from boring. You think Mage is boring because all you see are Lances hitting your face, doing damage as a Mage is fairly easy, the skill lies in surviving and setting up kills. Pretty much every Mage comp besides WMD relies heavily on the play of the Mage and there are many nuances and tricks you will never see or appreciate unless you play a Mage to a decent level.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    Its always depressing to see people right stupid and comments which serve no purpose when people are trying to get advice!

In terms of mage, it depends on what rating you are talking about. For instance, RBGs any class is good with good gear and a decent team backing them up. At the forefront, mages do seem an easy class- wow, freeze target and crit for bit numbers, removing a large chunk of the enemies health.... but take into account arenas vs good players and its a whole different ballgame!

Once your Def cds are down your pretty much dead. I guess the skill of a mage comes from knowing when to burst and trying to bait the other players cds and trinket. Remember that with a mage you are required to cc a huge amount as well.
    how is he asking for advice?
    this is just another "i get crushed by mages in pvp QQ therefore they must be stupid easy" thread , thinly veiled as a question

Frost Mage at low rating is ridiciolusly easy tho, no point denying it, it is basicly pop orb and spamm Icelance, mostly due to the team your're up against sucks aswell, but frost in that kind of rating is easy and booring.

I play fire, because I find the playstyle of it in PvP a bit more giving, high burst, sucky sustained damage, and pretty fucking squishy. On low rating, its easy aswell, because people dont really know how to go up against a fire mage, because all mages they have met until now is icelance spamming baddies. But you still kind of have to play it correctish to win at low ratings, whereas if frost, you can fuck up pretty much and still do ok.

But you could say that about every class and every specc at low rating really. At higher, theres alot more too it than spamm ice lance, but out of the 3, I would say frost is the easiest, then fire, then arcane.

If you want a challenge, go fire or arcane, or learn frost as not a "icelancespamming" spec, tho it will get you wins, so it can be played easy and booring, but it wont give you no gladiator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    how is he asking for advice?
    this is just another "i get crushed by mages in pvp QQ therefore they must be stupid easy" thread , thinly veiled as a question
    Have you even read my post? I don't find Mages particularly hard to beat, I don't get 'crushed' by them.

The reason I made this thread, is because I'm considering playing one, but now realised I don't want to because of their boring playstyle.

But that's just my opinion. If you guys wanna play one of the easiest classes in-game that's fine. Like some of you said, it still takes skill to be good at ANY class.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'm playing my mage currently and tried playing RMP. Granted I'm extremely inexperienced as mage, I couldn't cast once vs a LSD with monk (LSChi? ) even while faking the majority of the interrupts. Besides that I couldn't get that many CCs off because the monk kept pillar humping and I was at 50% hp constantly.

Mage IS difficult to play. It may not be -that- difficult in BGs or maybe 2s, but it is in 3s. I find my WW monk A LOT easier to play at higher ratings than my mage.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2014-04-16 at 08:25 AM.

If you guys wanna play one of the easiest classes in-game that's fine. Like some of you said, it still takes skill to be good at ANY class.
    You are a dumb shit. One of the easiest? I guess technically that is correct only because of the fact that Mage are indeed one of the classes. Literally the only dps class harder to play to its full potential is a rogue. You come here with a bullshit, troll bait "question" and then get all but hurt when people call you out. Its a commonly know fact that mages have a low skill floor but a very high skill ceiling. It other words you will "slay noobs" in your 1700 arenas and RBGs I'm sure you run in but will get totally outclassed by someone even ~200 MMR higher then you.

I'm closing this since it's just turning into poo flinging (called it).