Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I belive the problem is that you try to do LFR on a tuesday.
    It could be even worse. You ever recall the horror stories of LFR on Mondays before the reset?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Nothing is impossible with 10 stacks of determination.
    i laughed way to hard about this

I honestly haven't run into any bad groups like the horror stories I hear about. The only real bad one was someone ninja-pulling Tortos with no tanks and everyone ditching but its not like that was a wipe, and I could just requeue again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Just wanted to express my rage to the Internet about LFR ToT being impossible to complete now because of that GREAT 90 level boost.

Just got for the 3rd time to Last Stand of the Zandalari raid and for the 3rd time 80% of the raid is 90 lvl boosted ofc without any knowledge of their class and wiping AT THE START on trash. I can't believe that Blizz is okay with something like this. It pisses me off even more when I have to wait 50 mins to see how we wipe AT THE START. It's pathetic.

After I saw the newest interview article where it was stated that: "You won't be able to queue for Heroic Dungeons or LFR until you have a certain level of Proving Ground achievements." I hoped they're doing something about it but noooo. It's just for Heroic Dungeons now. AWESOME Blizz.

Sorry guys. You can just ignore this thread and move along if you don't share my rage.
    You have amnesia. It hasn't gotten any better since ToT LFR was released. It's the same as before. SOO success has spoiled people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty confident that this has nothing to do with a boost. This is common occurrence once a tier is old (hell, it's not that rare even when a tier is current). The very last weeks of Dragonsoul were like this, Tier 14 was like this into Tier 15, and Tier 15 was like this during Tier 16 even before the boosts were available. When normal raiders and mains are no longer running the content for VP or to get that last piece for their 4p bonus or missing trinket, and all you've been left with is alts and fresh 90s - things will start getting really rocky, because there's less over-geared or high performance players present to balance out the AFKs and oblivious button mashers. There is also a much lower experience level, since most people run ToT enough times only to move on to Siege LFR, bringing in an endless cycle of new folks.

tl;dr unrelated to boost

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It is bad.. but impossible is an over statement. I Just got my warrior to level 90 the week before the 90 boost came out. I'm now on Titan stones... and I think that shows you how much LFR i've had to do >_<.... At least i was lucky on drops. My thought on it is 4 stacks of determination and most groups can down a boss. Just takes determination lol
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Deleted
    If these boosted players could take 10 minutes of their time and couple thousand gold, they could pull 3x more dps than they do now.
    I have 497 ilvl ret pal, with decent flex heirloom and garbage TI gear across the board, even some pvp gear here and there to meet the lfr ilvl req. Gemmed and enchanted with budget enchants (no 1000g enchants on 476 crap)

And i do 100k unbuffed on a target dummy & 130k+ on typical raid fight fully buffed. Not 40k like your typical lfr guy. So yes YOU CAN have shit gear and still do acceptable dps. Just go to noxxic or icyveins or ANYTHING FFS and do a god forsaken class research before huitting the queue button.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair ToT has been a problem for awhile in LFR for some reason. Particularly Forgotten Depths. Every time I try to run that on alts for the past several months the raid wipes countless times on the trash after the turtle on the way to Megaera. I don't know how this is still possible but it's incredibly sad.

Have you tried doing it on wednesdays? Maybe I'm just boosting the raid with my disc priest while I'm hunting for my legendary, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that I haven't wiped there even once in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I am pretty confident that this has nothing to do with a boost. This is common occurrence once a tier is old (hell, it's not that rare even when a tier is current). The very last weeks of Dragonsoul were like this, Tier 14 was like this into Tier 15, and Tier 15 was like this during Tier 16 even before the boosts were available. When normal raiders and mains are no longer running the content for VP or to get that last piece for their 4p bonus or missing trinket, and all you've been left with is alts and fresh 90s - things will start getting really rocky, because there's less over-geared or high performance players present to balance out the AFKs and oblivious button mashers. There is also a much lower experience level, since most people run ToT enough times only to move on to Siege LFR, bringing in an endless cycle of new folks.

tl;dr unrelated to boost

There's nothing really to disprove instant 90s hurting LFR either though. I do think a lot of it is hyperbole, but to dismiss it 100% out of hand doesn't make total sense either.

We'll never have the numbers of course, but I'm sure plenty of people who never picked up MoP before did once the instant 90 came out. You're telling me the good amount of them who recently joined tried their hardest but don't know what they are doing aren't effecting LFR at all? This instant 90 likely brings in a larger amount of new players (as in those who never played ToT) to ToT at once than compared with the months beforehand. This would change the ratio of new players:alts. New players, including vets who haven't played MoP, would be on average worse players than alts just as they haven't played WoW at all or in a long time. (Eg, not even knowing reforging exists)

Is it objectively provable or disproveable that ToT LFR is more painful? No. You just can't run enough LFRs and have objective memory for anyone else but Blizz to have the numbers for this. But judging by the target audience of the instant 90s, it likely would have a slight negative impact on LFR. Albeit, nothing noticeable by players as you just wouldn't run enough LFRs to feel it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    There's nothing really to disprove instant 90s hurting LFR either though. I do think a lot of it is hyperbole, but to dismiss it 100% out of hand doesn't make total sense either.

We'll never have the numbers of course, but I'm sure plenty of people who never picked up MoP before did once the instant 90 came out. You're telling me the good amount of them who recently joined tried their hardest but don't know what they are doing aren't effecting LFR at all? This instant 90 likely brings in a larger amount of new players (as in those who never played ToT) to ToT at once than compared with the months beforehand. This would change the ratio of new players:alts. New players, including vets who haven't played MoP, would be on average worse players than alts just as they haven't played WoW at all or in a long time. (Eg, not even knowing reforging exists)
    I'm not saying they aren't hurting LFR, nor am I saying that all the instant-90s stepping in are "trying their hardest." I'm just saying that problem exists with or without boosting. If it wasn't fresh boosted 90s in there, it would be undergeared, under experienced 90s from a different source because those are the only people who have anything to gain from running a prior tier's LFR.

What makes LFR difficult is characters who are barely at minimum ilvl, players who have limited experience on that class (whether alt or boost), players who are unfamiliar with the fights, especially when it lacks players who are geared and experienced to help balance it out. The former group always exists, but exists in much higher percentages once the content has become "obsolete" because we no longer have that percentage of mains who are still running the content to fill in gear holes.

That there is a higher volume of poorly geared/experienced 90s overall due to the boost doesn't really matter for the success probability for each individual run, it just makes the queues faster. 25 players who are poorly geared and experienced is 25 players who are going to have a tough time whether they were pulled from a pool of 200 or 2000.

So, fine, if you want to be nitpicky about it: boosted characters might negatively impact a run... but they are not worse than the undergeared alt who just hit 90 controlled by a player doesn't know the class at end-game and might be unfamiliar with the fights themselves. The argument that I am making is that at this point, it's ALWAYS going to be one or the other in Throne of Thunder LFR, because they're the only ones who would benefit from being there. If you took away the boosted characters, you'd just have 25 of the latter, and LFR would be equally rocky.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I've just returned to WoW after a month or two break and boosted my Warlock to 90 - I'll run some TOES to get the "better" 483 gear and then do some TOT & SOO LFR. For the sake of my sanity I hope what you're saying is not as drastic...

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    To be fair ToT has been a problem for awhile in LFR for some reason. Particularly Forgotten Depths. Every time I try to run that on alts for the past several months the raid wipes countless times on the trash after the turtle on the way to Megaera. I don't know how this is still possible but it's incredibly sad.
    Probably because you don't realize that the trash on the way to Megaera is confusing and not everyone does it the same way. Or perhaps you're just dumb and don't realize that.

Surprisingly, I've been able to get in some decent groups lately

The only outrageous thing about the level 90 boost is the pricing.

If you are interested in raiding and playing your class right, you don't need leveling to do so, just look up what skills do and maybe read up on some rotations. It's people who can't be arsed to do so who suck, and they will suck weather they level or if they just get boosted to max level, you can even make them level 3 times the same class and they would still suck, cause they are no willing to invest that little time to read about stuff, or actually try to figure it out for themselves (which honestly is not so hard). I guarantee you, that if I boost a shaman to 90, (a class which I have never touched, because when I tried to level one, there were still those totem quests which made you travel the whole world, before you had a mount and gave up - cause it was booooooriiing), I'd play it pretty much efficiently and fine, because I would invest my little time to check what on the need-to-know for playing him.

But LFR is LFR as it always was for me, 5 to 10 players doing the work while the rest latches on like leeches. It's why people call it Looking For Retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Except they weren't as bad as they were now. *takes your blindfold off*
    So do you have evidence to support this? Or is it anecdotal evidence? Because in my experience I've had worse groups long before the 90 boost.

I love getting really bad tanks from ragnaros all the time. I think that realm is infamous now for just being full of sub-par players.

ToT LFR is much harder than just finding a tradechat pug to smash normal with honestly, you should try that.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

moral of the story, just dont do lfr.. period. if u ever wanted the cloak on alts, well u picked a really bad time to try and get it. lol

Deleted
    The boosted 90's thing was too soon, should of been a week before WoD then at least they could learn something 90-100.

Instead they threw them in at the deep end with crap gear that just made them a hindrance for everyone else.

I have personally an overall 80+ percent success rate in LFR and that includes runs after the boosted 90's affair. This is with a warlock, my ele shaman, my brewmaster tank and my mage. Unsure if it's just luck or not.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!