Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Racials in Warlords

Considering the following changes to horde racials for 6.0, do you think most Horde PvP hunters will still be rolling orc?

Blood Elf:
    · Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.
    · Arcane Torrent now restores 20 Runic Power for Death Knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for Paladins, or 3% of mana for Mages, Priests, and Warlocks (up from 2% of Mana). Other parts of the ability remain unchanged.

Goblin
    · Time is Money now grants a 1% increase to Haste (up from only attack speed and spell haste).

Orc:
    · Axe Specialization has been removed (was 1% Expertise with axes).
    · Command now increases pet damage by 1% (down from 2%).
    · Hardiness now reduces the duration of Stun effects by 10% (down from 15%).

Tauren:
    · Brawn is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike bonus damage and healing done by 2%.
    · Endurance now increases Stamina by an amount scaling with character level, instead of increasing Base Health by 5%.

Troll:
    · Berserking now increases Haste by 15% (down from 20%).
    · Beast Slaying now increases XP earned from killing Beasts by 20%, instead of increasing damage dealt versus Beasts by 5%.
    · Dead Eye has been removed (was 1% Expertise with ranged weapons).

Undead:
    · Will of the Forsaken’s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes (up from 2 minutes).
    Undead can now breathe underwater indefinitely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphyLaw View Post
    Considering the following changes to horde racials for 6.0, do you think most Horde PvP hunters will still be rolling orc?
    I haven't played for a while, but wasn't troll the best? Although not by much, admittedly.

Am I the only one pissed off that the only thing undead got is another nerf for Will of the Forsaken and a useless infinite underwater breathing?

Orc will be best for first tier, then it all depends on how our CDs/Trinkets will be. If we can line up our ICD trinkets with Blood Fury, then Orc wins again after that in second tier. However for last tier, I'd expect either Tauren to win because of scaling.

Tauren and Dwarf are going to be big. Speaking as a dorf hunter, all the johnny-come-latelies can kiss me where the beard ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Orc will be best for first tier, then it all depends on how our CDs/Trinkets will be. If we can line up our ICD trinkets with Blood Fury, then Orc wins again after that in second tier. However for last tier, I'd expect either Tauren to win because of scaling.
    >PvP

10chars

Yea I should have mentioned I mean specifically in 3v3's because I noticed almost all the top rated hunters are orc (Aesthetically I just hate orcs and just can't make myself play one, even for the sake of min / maxing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post
    Tauren and Dwarf are going to be big. Speaking as a dorf hunter, all the johnny-come-latelies can kiss me where the beard ends.
    I really don't think those racials are all that great. Maybe for Marksmanship if the Careful Aim phase stays it might end up being quite nice, but other than that I don't see it beating 1% crit chance from Worgen and Blood Elves or the utility from other races.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-04-15 at 06:06 PM.

I need a knowledgeable arena pro to get this thread back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I really don't think those racials are all that great. Maybe for Marksmanship if the Careful Aim phase stays it might end up being quite nice, but other than that I don't see it beating 1% crit chance from Worgen and Blood Elves or the utility from other races.
    Again

>PvP

X_X it's like the first line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Again

>PvP

X_X it's like the first line.
    What makes you think that wasn't related to PvP?

Racials are insignificant. Play what you like. How you play has 100x the impact on your dps compared to racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
    Am I the only one pissed off that the only thing undead got is another nerf for Will of the Forsaken and a useless infinite underwater breathing?
    It's likely that proc numbers on Touched by the Grave (is that the right name?) haven't been tuned yet. It should be comparable to other DPS-minded racials.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Yea I know the whole "play what you like" attitude yada yada....my question is simple though. Currently all horde PvP hunters on 3v3 rankings (straight from the blizzard website) are orcs, with VERY few exceptions. This trend obviously exists because orc racials currently have the most utility in arenas. Do you, the community, think any of these new additions will at the very least put other races on par with orc racials, perhaps even surpassing them?

I'd ask you not to beleaguer me with the usual "it's too early to tell" accusations. We got all this shiny new information and speculation is fun!

.....not to mention the racials do not seem like one of the things that will be heavily effected by things like beta testing and we can probably expect them to be fairly the same come launch day.

So what do ya think?
    Last edited by MurphyLaw; 2014-04-15 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    With all respect, it is too early to tell because we don't know what numbers are going to look like. I honestly think the 1% crit chance racial is going to be the next big thing if Marksmanship is as strong as I think it will be. Crits trigger Piercing Shots, retrn focus on Aimed Shot, and you should still be able to fire two big shots off in one global which could burst someone down very quickly if they happen to crit. With all the CCs being toned down I feel like the protection related racials like stun reduction aren't going to be as important as actually dishing out damage. Blood Elves have a silence as well which is a free tidbit of control to lock down a caster or healer.

If Marksmanship's numbers aren't going to be as high as I'm expecting them to be, the 1% crit chance might not be as strong as I make it out to be either.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-04-15 at 08:57 PM.

Yea blood elves were the ones who crossed my mind as a contender. Female blood elf hunters look so sick too, especially cool with this new pet-less thing, well basically be like Sylvanas pre-banshee (nerd-alert).
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

I just want female taurens to look nice after model updates and be decent so I can go back to being Artemiscow dangit. =[

stun reduction will still be more valuable unless the stun reduction meta is being removed

then tauren might get popular because of the increased health

We dont know how well crit damage will scale with hunter abilities so it is impossible to say if Tauren is more viable than anything else atm. Orc is still very strong and i can see Blood Elf being useful early on when our focus gains are very low as well as our crit %, but blood elfs are filthy, so screw that.

Quote Originally Posted by MurphyLaw View Post
    Yea I know the whole "play what you like" attitude yada yada....my question is simple though. Currently all horde PvP hunters on 3v3 rankings (straight from the blizzard website) are orcs, with VERY few exceptions. This trend obviously exists because orc racials currently have the most utility in arenas. Do you, the community, think any of these new additions will at the very least put other races on par with orc racials, perhaps even surpassing them?

I'd ask you not to beleaguer me with the usual "it's too early to tell" accusations. We got all this shiny new information and speculation is fun!

.....not to mention the racials do not seem like one of the things that will be heavily effected by things like beta testing and we can probably expect them to be fairly the same come launch day.

So what do ya think?
    What are the chances that most of those top ranked Orc Hunters are also in cutting edge progression PvE guilds and they went Orc because it is very good for both?

I know you said not to say this.... but the race you pick for PvP (and PvE) really doesn't matter all that much.