10+ Year Old Account

removed clickbait title

If this game is in development, or even another type of Diablo game, do you think it will be announced at Gamescom, or Blizzcon this year?

7+ Year Old Account
    I suspect something Diablo related will be announced this year and it will probably be the main new game they announce at Blizzcon

Either a new expansion or game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I suspect something Diablo related will be announced this year and it will probably be the main new game they announce at Blizzcon

Either a new expansion or game
    Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of Blizzcon, because it seems more than likely that they will announce a WoW expansion at Gamescom.

But I really think a new Diablo game will be announced this year.

I doubt we'll see anything special related to Diablo this year, possibly a remaster of D2 at best. They just showed Necromancer last Blizzcon, Necro just came out a short time ago and still fresh and new. The odds of seeing anything special is unlikely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of Blizzcon, because it seems more than likely that they will announce a WoW expansion at Gamescom.

But I really think a new Diablo game will be announced this year.
    Agreed, Announcing a new expansion at Gamescom allows them to focus hyping up new games and projects as opposed to just WoW

With all Blizzards new IPs and games they no longer need WoW as the central big announcement anymore which is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I doubt we'll see anything special related to Diablo this year, possibly a remaster of D2 at best. They just showed Necromancer last Blizzcon, Necro just came out a short time ago and still fresh and new. The odds of seeing anything special is unlikely.
    Maybe the necro pack was to add hype to Diablo in general, get people excited and playing again just in time to announce a huge new game this year.

Blizzard is extremely smart about how they advertise and hype their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo mobile game is what I'm expecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Diablo mobile game is what I'm expecting.
    That wouldn't even be possible, but if it was, id probably spend a lot of money on it with micro-transactions.

We know for sure they are working on "something" related to Diablo and if they stay true to their words, they wont release a full on expac anymore but content bits by bits (like with the necro).

Anyway, with the current state of D3, a new expac would not bring players back (especially not after that amazing Path Of Exile new expac lol).
    Soooo, im going with a Diablo 4. Also expecting a remastered Diablo 2 released in between to give some hype for D4.

At Blizzcon, cause there has been nothing about Diablo for the last 2 blizzcon! Diablo also need some love!!

If there was to be a fully fleshed out expansion for D3, it would not only already be announced, but most likely released. If anything, we might get a big patch announcement like last year and perhaps a new class pack if the Necromancer sold well enough.

As for the new game - all signs point towards it being in development, though calling it D4 is premature. The job postings indicate that it's fairly early in development, so I'd say chances that it gets announced this year are pretty slim.

The only other option is a D2 remaster, which is a possibility, given that SC:R just launched and it looks like people are enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    We know for sure they are working on "something" related to Diablo and if they stay true to their words, they wont release a full on expac anymore but content bits by bits (like with the necro).

Anyway, with the current state of D3, a new expac would not bring players back (especially not after that amazing Path Of Exile new expac lol).
    Soooo, im going with a Diablo 4. Also expecting a remastered Diablo 2 released in between to give some hype for D4.

At Blizzcon, cause there has been nothing about Diablo for the last 2 blizzcon! Diablo also need some love!!
    I tend to agree with you, although I do think that if the made another expansion to Diablo 3, they would get 10m+ people buying it within the first year of release, just like they did with the original diablo 3 and the expansion.

Blizzcon seems to be the stage for a huge diablo announcement this year.

This thread has a clickbait title. It should be a question, and yet it reads like a statement. Mods, please amend.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    This thread has a clickbait title. It should be a question, and yet it reads like a statement. Mods, please amend.
    it's just trollock with his usual bait title threads.

but shush we can't mention this obvious trolling or we get infracted for it LUL.

I don't care if its clickbait.

What would be cool if they came out with a Guardians of Ember/Mu Legends style Diablo game.

Maybe the necro pack was to add hype to Diablo in general, get people excited and playing again just in time to announce a huge new game this year.

Blizzard is extremely smart about how they advertise and hype their games.
    Its very unlikely, I won't say impossible because people, including myself, said they'd never show a WoW expansion outside of Blizzcon. I just don't see anything really happening for Diablo this year, not when we have the next WoW expansion definitely showing, a hearthstone expansion that's supposed to be out before the end of year, they'll probably tease this year's holiday event for Overwatch, and they'll probably show a remastered WC3 based on how they just started pumping patches into WC3 this last week.

If this game is in development, or even another type of Diablo game, do you think it will be announced at Gamescom, or Blizzcon this year?
    Damn you and your click bait titles

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon 2018

Closing. There a new Diablo game discussion thread already here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.