Deleted

Twinking in max level battlegrounds

Twinking in the conventional sense isn't possible because the best obtainable
    gear is prideful gladiator, which everyone who does serious pvp eventually
    acquires.

However, in normal battlegrounds there are a number of items which add
    significantly to your performance and give you a huge edge. Please feel
    free to add your own items if you think I've missed anything:

1) Salyn Battle Banner.

No one seems to have any idea how amazingly useful this item is. Maybe it
    is the 10 min cooldown. This de-targets you from all enemies in the same
    way a hunter's feign death does, and makes you invisible for a second.

Done right, you can get away from any situation where you'd normally
    die. I used the following on my gnome mage when near death: Iceblock,
    battle banner, blink, escape artist (if necessary) rocket boots. I've escaped
    from upwards of 20 horde using that approach.

2) Restorative amber.

Much faster at healing than food. Really essential item for any class without
    self-healing. Very expensive unfortunately.

3) Noggenfogger elixir.

The shrink buff from this makes you very hard to target and is insanely useful
    for any non-tanking class. Physical targetting is very difficult. Of course, there
    are other ways to target players, but no one really uses them in normal bg's.

Note this can also get you into locations where only gnomes and goblins are
    normally small enough to go into (eg this secret hiding place in the Isle Of Conquest)
    : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ana_X2Aezsg

4) Rime of the Time-Lost Mariner.

This makes you ethereal and difficult to make out in a group.

5) Ethereal oil

Makes you translucent. See above.

6) Shard of Archstone.

Makes you literally impossible to target (note you can get hit by aoe). This should
    give you the first blow against an opponent, which is usually decisive against a
    player with equivalent gear and skill. I use this to "hide" Balinda in AV, and it always
    buys me at least ten second extra.

7) Terracotta Fragment, Crate of Kidnapped puppies etc.

These are Pandarian items which summon quest guardians to fight for you. As shown
    in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGCauLLDlQ[

, these guardians do not despawn when the trinket is switched currently in pvp.

The Terracotta fragment is particulary useful because the Mogu Warrior it summons
    has almost 800K health and is frequently targeted by players. His charge makes him
    fairly mobile also.

8) Al-Li's Skymirror

I find this very useful when defending the flag in Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks. Mirror
    the flag carrier then stand on top of him/her. It is almost impossible for the enemy to
    target the right player without luck.

9) Crystal Of Insanity

This buffs all your stats. Given that no one uses flasks in bg's this is really the only costless
    alternative option.

I'd love to hear other suggestions if you can think of any.

7 is a waste, unless the NPCs persist without the trinket. You're basically giving up 5% PvP Power and either the proc or On-use to have a petty NPC that is more hassle than it's worth.

However:

Swiftness Potion/Darkwater Potion: Sprint Pots

Alliance/Horde Battle Banner, Frostwolf/Stormpike Battle Banner. For the first 2, put them inside a building or in the most obscure place possible. It's 15% more health. Sure it's easy to kill but if you've go it hidden in such a place that it causes 1 or even 2 people to go and check it, you've got an opening to kill someone. They only affect your individual party within the Battleground raid group, however. For the second use it on Drek/Vann to nuke faster. Ever lost by 2-3%? A couple of these thrown down prevent that.

A tip for the Skymirror, don't know if it's been fixed yet but if you use the Skymirror on someone within the Archstone item, you will turn invisible. You can still be targeted by your name plate but you will have no model. I havn't tried this in months, though, so it might be fixed.

Deleted
    Yeah I was forgetting about Vanilla stuff. The banners are indeed very useful, like
    the equivalent of three extra people in health if you have half your team in close
    proximity.
    The swiftness pots have sneaked a win for me more than once.

The point about 7 was indeed that the NPC's persist with the trinket, at least
    using the method described in the video above.

The Archstone item was fixed a long time ago unfortunately.

Huh, didn't know that. The only issue I've had with any of the Trinket-companions was that they don't abide by normal pet AI. You can't control them and they WILL keep you incombat longer than you want to. For Ranged it might not be much of an issue but for Melee trying to get a restealth or simply get away it's probably more of a hindrance. Still, nice to know. You still can't use multiple ones can you? As I recall they used to replace each other when summoned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Huh, didn't know that. The only issue I've had with any of the Trinket-companions was that they don't abide by normal pet AI. You can't control them and they WILL keep you incombat longer than you want to. For Ranged it might not be much of an issue but for Melee trying to get a restealth or simply get away it's probably more of a hindrance. Still, nice to know. You still can't use multiple ones can you? As I recall they used to replace each other when summoned.
    You can have four out, at least, using the method linked to above. Your own stampede for non-hunters!

The AI on the Terracotta fragment is actually ok, but I take your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to add/give a suggestion on your use of the first item. As a mage you don't have to use all of those abilities to get away. What I do is Ice Block > Mirror Images > Rocket Boosts (>Invisibility).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Just wanted to add/give a suggestion on your use of the first item. As a mage you don't have to use all of those abilities to get away. What I do is Ice Block > Mirror Images > Rocket Boosts (>Invisibility).
    Yeah, fair point, mirror images achieves almost the same effect as the banner.

Of course, there's no reason why you can't do this twice and really wind up your opponents.

I was going to include engineering items in the op but there's actually too many to list.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been wondering of late if the old Frost grenades from BC still work. I used them to great effect back in BC on my old Lock.

Will they even root a L90 player? The tooltip does not say one way or the other. I will have to craft some and see when i get home this evening.

[Edit] For those who dont know, the frost grenades were an engineer's equivalent of the frost mage pet's Freeze ability. Though they had a moderate cooldown, they were still game changers on a great many fights.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2014-04-21 at 09:22 PM.

Very nice list, definitely bookmarking this. I love useful fun items!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Do Drums of Panic still work?

Used to carry them on my hunter in TBC

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29532/drums-of-panic

tooltip appears they do not have level restriction

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Frost Grenades do not have an upper level cap, and indeed scale off your spell hit rating. Their break threshold is rediculously low, but a mage can still pick up a Shatter or Deep Freeze off one if timed well.

- - - Updated - - -

Drums of Panic do in fact work, but they DR with other controlled fears, and are susceptible to spell knockback.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    I still use cobalt frag bombs (think that's what they're called) in regular bg's, aside from rocket boots and goblin glider. Afaik those are the only ones that still work that can be cast and thrown while moving, really handy for catching up/fleeing/cc'ing a healer just that little bit longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelotes View Post
    I still use cobalt frag bombs (think that's what they're called) in regular bg's, aside from rocket boots and goblin glider. Afaik those are the only ones that still work that can be cast and thrown while moving, really handy for catching up/fleeing/cc'ing a healer just that little bit longer.
    Really good info here. I've experimented with bombs and grenades before but never made it work-I assumed they were just made obsolete.

Time for another try I think.

And bombs shouldn't require an engi level in WoD
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne