Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Garrosh 1 Tank 1 Heal?

Hey guys, my guild should have H Paragons down shortly (10 man) and are looking into Garrosh. Our tank is quitting soon though, so I'm the only geared tank left for progression, and our healers have been quitting too, so really our resto druid is our only good healer left as well (we have a resto shaman and paladin left as well, both do pretty much no healing ever, and a mistweaver we could probably carry through it if necessary).

Our setup:
    Prot Warrior

Resto Druid

Ret Pally
    Fire Mage
    Fire Mage
    Frost Mage (undergeared)
    Ele Sham
    Ele Sham
    Enh Sham
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Aff Lock (he can't play Destro for shit, don't ask me how)
    Unholy DK (undergeared)
    Spriest

Can we solo heal and solo tank? What dps comp would we bring for this?

Deleted
    think you will lose too much time in intermissions

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Hey guys, my guild should have H Paragons down shortly (10 man) and are looking into Garrosh. Our tank is quitting soon though, so I'm the only geared tank left for progression, and our healers have been quitting too, so really our resto druid is our only good healer left as well (we have a resto shaman and paladin left as well, both do pretty much no healing ever, and a mistweaver we could probably carry through it if necessary).

Our setup:
    Prot Warrior

Resto Druid

Ret Pally
    Fire Mage
    Fire Mage
    Frost Mage (undergeared)
    Ele Sham
    Ele Sham
    Enh Sham
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Aff Lock (he can't play Destro for shit, don't ask me how)
    Unholy DK (undergeared)
    Spriest

Can we solo heal and solo tank? What dps comp would we bring for this?
    You can solo tank, and solo heal Garrosh. While quite challenging for the healer and tank, it is doable. That being said most of the time solo healing is done I've seen or heard of it done with a Disc Priest. Resto druid without blanketing absorbs will be challenging to heal alone in the heart phase, so you'll want to bring at least one ele shaman for some off healing. Besides that bring your highest dps, the fast phases go down the better.

IMO solo heal AND solo tank would be rough. I would pick one or the other for progression. Maybe with 3 dps shamans you could do it.

As for the other spots, probably pick your 3 shamans, one Mage, one Hunter, and fill the rest with whoever has the best dps.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Like mini said, to both solo tank AND heal will be tough. I'd personally go with solo tank 2 heal. Solo healing will cost you a lot of wipes because people aren't that good at CD's / avoiding damage on progress.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we will try it with the shamans and maybe the priest in for off healing and if it is too taxing on our druid we can probably 2 heal it with the monk. I'm guessing healing cds need to be organized for each iron star impact, each heart phase, and each whirl, plus maybe something for the explosion in P3?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we will try it with the shamans and maybe the priest in for off healing and if it is too taxing on our druid we can probably 2 heal it with the monk. I'm guessing healing cds need to be organized for each iron star impact, each heart phase, and each whirl, plus maybe something for the explosion in P3?
    The p3 explosion has nothing else happening at all during it, so unless you take forever in p3 (and almost get a 2nd whirl), it won't be a threat. The rest, yes.

From personal experience (as the 1 tank), 1/1/8 is really not that bad, though it does depend on your tank. You're basically forced to fend for yourself a lot of the time, since the healer is busy. If you can do that, it's not any different from groups that 2-tank/1-heal.

The first kill of heroic 10 man was solo healed by a holy priest, so it is possible. Also doing it with 1 tank...you'll have a fun fight ahead of you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 3 DPS Shaman in the raid, 1T/1H is probably going to feel like 1T/2H anyways since you can throw so many cooldowns at the whirls.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Deleted
    1 Heal... I would even recommend this over 2 Heals as long as you have at least 2 Hybrids (DPS Priest, Shaman or Druid) and some Raid-CDs for Whirls and Intermission. Priest or Druid Healer are perfect, Paladins and Shamans can do the job too but its more challenging. Dont know about MW Monk but only because i dont have XP with them.
    It makes the fight a lot easier... no DPS-Problems in P1, Intermission becomes easier, you can skip 2nd Intermission and by this make P2 a lot easier and P3+P4 DPS-Checks become a joke.

1 Tank... i would not recommend this. You only gain little DPS in P1 (but you will most likely get more wipes because Adds kill people or the Tank dies) and it doesnt make much difference in the Intermission, you will even loose some DMG on Garrosh because Tanks can soak the Annihilates and Abuse Vengeance.
    P2: Again you will wont gain much DPS as Tanks get a lot of Vengeance and ususally are among the Top-DPS.
    P3: Boss dies faster but with 1 Heal its a joke anyways. An additional Tank reduces Raid-DMG because you wont have much stacks exploding and it makes handling the adds easier.
    P4: It doesnt change anything... you still have to survive 2nd and 4th Malice + one Iron Star. Everything else is quite easy anyways. It doesnt matter if boss lives 20 seconds more or less. But it makes some part of the phase harder: Soaking 2nd and 4th Malice can be done quite easy by the 2nd Tank, dragging the Boss can be accelerated by having another tank taunt him, you have more tank-CDs to use when you switch tanks and if you get Adds you can play it more savely because they hit quite hard and Boss+Adds is a dead tank without CDs.

So 1 Heal + 2 Tanks - YES. 2 Heal + 1 Tank - Maybe. 1 Heal +1 Tank - NO.

We did it for today (NOT our first kill, it was our 3rd) and it wasn't really bad. I mean we had two true hybrids so it wasn't really bad (and I was resto sham solo with a prot tank). We also had a smoke bomb / devo aura, but the rest of the raid consisted of 3 locks and a hunter, so you don't get much there.

BUT YOU ARE learning the fight right now so I would not recommend it. There is not too much of a dps gain when compared to 1 tank / 2 heal (especially if one of the heals just atones / fistweaves whole time) or the other way. You want to be able to progress on the fight, and if your 1 healer isn't vocal enough or isn't prepared right for raid cooldowns (I get to call out all raid cooldowns for instance), it can go south fast.

Again, I wouldn't say its HARD to do. But because you are starting it, I would not recommend it.

And if you want proof its definitely there (http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4&type=healing). I am sure MANY 10 guilds who sell this now probably use a 1 heal 1 tank setup just to ensure dps checks are met etc, but definitely not for a first kill....

Oh and if you do do solo it, you absolutely need your healer to actually manage their mana for once. Like for me for instance, if i don't totemic recall, that is 100000 mana down the drain. Basic things like that which I sometimes take for granted, all of a sudden become important because if you solo heal it as a resto shaman, you really don't have more than 1 cooldown (HTT) to survive empowered whirlwind. But, for instance, if you are a disc priest or some other healer class, or ridiculous amounts of hybrids, you can still afk in ToES and things like spirit shell or some other random stuff since its pretty easy as that class.
    Last edited by Gardiff; 2014-04-19 at 07:16 AM.

Solo heal should be paired with two tanks, IMO. Solo heal and solo tank at the same time should be saved for making farm less boring.

Deleted
    You have 3 shamans with AG, you'll be fine 1healing it just need the obvious cooldown planning.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just about it being difficult for the tank and healer if you're solo healing and solo tanking lol, it's the whole raid. If you don't have the right tank and the right raid composition it's way harder to pull this off.

Solo tanking the encounter really doesn't gain you a whole lot damage wise compared to properly two tanking it while keeping vengeance in mind. Although it's not going to happen often, the one unfortunate side effect of not having two tanks is that you have a 1/9 chance of flat out wiping in P4 when somebody goes to kite the iron star.

We sell in 10 man and just stick to a traditional two tank and two heal setup. Mind you we ask buyers to be around 560 and at least have completed the legendary line. Which honestly is fairly common if pulling 560 people who basically have farmed most of normal mode out. The easiest sells are when you sell it to a healer, because the fight can be solo healed with proper raid CDs anyway. That way you don't lose any DPS at all.

To clarify, the reason we are solo tanking is not for the damage boost, but because our other tank quit and the new one is still very undergeared.

We are solo healing for the extra dps though, and have a second healer we could probably bring in if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We sell in 10 man and just stick to a traditional two tank and two heal setup. Mind you we ask buyers to be around 560 and at least have completed the legendary line. Which honestly is fairly common if pulling 560 people who basically have farmed most of normal mode out. The easiest sells are when you sell it to a healer, because the fight can be solo healed with proper raid CDs anyway. That way you don't lose any DPS at all.
    How many EWCs do you take? How do you handle Intermission 2?
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We do intermission two normally, like always. I (DK) either get a feather, tiger's lust or stampeding roar for the first half, and use rocket boots to clear the rest of the area. We've just always done the intermission like you're 'suppose' to, but we don't engage the boss immediately at the top until everybody has picked up an orb. Usually it gives us 15 seconds or so on the boss.

During progression we dealt with 3-4 EWCs (we always had 2 in P2, and 1-2 in P2). Things are optimized quite a bit now and we 95% of the time have 2 EWCs (1 in P2, and 1 in P3). Sometimes we have to deal with a second EWC in P2, but that's usually because we were sloppy at some point and went on the side of caution as to not push the boss at a bad time. That and bringing in people who aren't familiar with the encounter sometimes causes DPS to falter a bit.

If we single healed and just blew all CDs in the first intermission we could skip the second intermission altogether with just brute force DPS. Right now with a traditional 2 tank/2 heal setup we get the boss anywhere from 14-18% prior to the second intermission. If we took our best geared people, optimized correctly and used lust we could skip the intermission with the standard setup.

This sounds pretty rough.

With absolutely no sarcasm intended (I mean it!), if you did make this work, I'd love for you to record this and upload it to YouTube or something. Would be an interesting watch!

Best of luck if you do try this!

One tank one heal ftw!
    Just killed it tonight. Just need to be on top of your raid cd's.
    I will link video once mmo champion will allow me.

I don't understand why people soloheal the fight now for progress. Tell one of your Ele shamans to go resto and 1 tank and two heal. There's literally no merit in solohealing the fight or bragging rights at this point. If dps is an issue for you tell your players to get good.