Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why Azeroth Choppers?

As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.

This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This has almost .01% effect on Warlords of Draenor development. This is basically the current *Burdens of Shaohao* miniseries but nobody batted an eye.
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.

How can you possibly think this has any affect on the development of WoD? I see zero reasons why you would think this.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It reaches out to a new audience. More people exposed to Warcraft, more people playing Warcraft, more money, more resources.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Why do we need this though honestly? Blizzard always claims that development takes so many resources that they just don't have (bullshit). This event obviously had some cost to it.
    And you think what? That they had to fire a few staff to make this happen?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How can you possibly think this has any affect on the development of WoD? I see zero reasons why you would think this.
    Dude is not building bikes for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point is?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As the title says why is Blizzard releasing this YouTube series, does anyone even care for it? I mean sure I bet they will be cool bikes but I would like a new expansion first. I feel like Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor is released. I am surprised Blizzard didn't warn us this came at the cost of a raiding tier.

This thread is more about Blizzard wasting time instead of launching Warlord's of Draenor. This could include any side projects they are doing. What do you think MMO-C? Shit can these side projects and release our damn game or do you enjoy these side projects?
    First, they have never once said anything has ever came at the cost of a raid tier.
    Second, your ignorance is shining through, by your first two posts in this silly thread it is highly obvious you have zero idea of the goings on inside Blizzard, you also have Zero idea of who does what, so you should really stop talking about it, or learn, because it just looks silly

Edit: all 3 of your posts currently, show the high levels of ignorance, Haters gonna hate, right?

I think it's great, nothing wrong with some fun, scrooge.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yes God forbid that Blizzard does something for FUN. God forbid that they try to get the community to get together behind something. God forbid these heretical acts of fun and comradery!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Your point is?
    I imagine his point is that someone had to take time to plan, manage the ideas, manage the payments and coordinate this rather than "some guy said 'please' and it's being done independently for free."
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-04-17 at 06:54 PM. Reason: grammar
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Blizzard is literally doing everything they can to keep us paying $15 a month until Warlord's of Draenor
    You answered it yourself.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, Blizzard giving a check to a bike-builder clearly takes away funds from WoD... Yes, seems *very* logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just a free comerical for them. You are not watching a show...you are watching a 55 minute wow comercial and nothing else.

Same as:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they're a near billion dollar company, I think they can spare a few employees and some external camera crew to make something cool like this. What a lot of people get caught up in is the fact that they think WoW is a team of 50 people hammering away on keyboards 24/7 for a year to make an expansion. In reality, the WoW team alone is a few hundred people, they have more than enough resources to do things like this.

Chris Metzen is most likely done with the story as a whole seeing as they're moving into Alpha/Beta, the xpac is essentially finished at this point. I'm sure he has minions overseeing anything that needs to be dealt with. The other guy leading team Horde doesn't even work on WoW, he's SC and HotS so that's irrelevant. I can't speak for the other 4 people but I'm sure there are 5-10 other folks that work in the same capacity they do.

It's a piss in the ocean considering how much green they have. They could have him build two dozen for all I care. Money!=Resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    It's a piss in the ocean considering how much green they have. They could have him build two dozen for all I care. Money!=Resources.
    But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty much. I don't understand why everyone thinks that Blizzard has only one development pipeline from which to push content.

But somehow can't give us an expansion or new content for a year? Interesting theory.
    Throwing money at something doesn't magically make it. There is a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"

I always like it when people with no idea about anything tell companies how they should spend their money. Everyone in the internet can create a successful multi million company, right? They just don't do it because they got better things to do

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Throwing money at something doesn't magically make it. There is a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth"
    Nah, we all know that +100% Devs equals +100% content.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-04-17 at 07:01 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Take off the tinfoil hat and get with reality. Also, do you run a billion dollar company? No? Well, then I'm going to assume you don't know too much about how to manage ressources.