Thread: Titles

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titles

Hello.

Would you like to make some sort of... title-squish? I mean removing all old titles from achievements, or something like that.

I hate that every person on my realm is either a Kingslayer, Dragonslayer, The Light of Dawn, Savior of Azeroth, Destroyer's End, Firelord, etc. All the most prestigious titles are owned by everyone.

In my opinion titles should be rewarded only when you kill boss at *his* expansion, I mean - Kingslayer, Light of Dawn and Bane of the Fallen King should be worn only by characters that defeated the Lich King in WotLK.

What do you think about that? In my opinion titles should be prestigious... Now everybody has at least 2-3 so what's the point?

To me its like the challenge mode gear and mounts. Getting them early on in the expansion meant i got to show off sooner than others. I couldnt care less about what others have, all I care about is what I have.

Just use your exclusive current expansion or raid tier titles, while everyone else needs to wait 12-24 months to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I use old titles that are no longer obtainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Hello.

Would you like to make some sort of... title-squish? I mean removing all old titles from achievements, or something like that.

I hate that every person on my realm is either a Kingslayer, Dragonslayer, The Light of Dawn, Savior of Azeroth, Destroyer's End, Firelord, etc. All the most prestigious titles are owned by everyone.

In my opinion titles should be rewarded only when you kill boss at *his* expansion, I mean - Kingslayer, Light of Dawn and Bane of the Fallen King should be worn only by characters that defeated the Lich King in WotLK.

What do you think about that? In my opinion titles should be prestigious... Now everybody has at least 2-3 so what's the point?
    So, you are talking about raid titles? Well, I sorta enjoy the idea but honestly, I don't think anyone want to lose their titles now that they already have them.

When you wrote the first phrase, the first thing in my head was, "Fuck no, ain't giving up my titles at all". Some people enjoy their titles and others just have them from killing. Though, could be interesting to set it for that expansion, though after that it would be lost content. Doesn't matter if 1 million got the title in the given expansion, as soon as we enter the next, it would be lost content for the rest... Already heavy reaction on the lack of content.

*shrugs* The over all idea sounds good, but not good to launch within the timeline of people having it. So, if your idea were to work, it would be from WoD only and up. You would still see all the old ones
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

First you need to do this post in wow forums not this , its better there since here means nothing blizz wont read it and second can we have a link to your profile?

Deleted
    Well, this thread was disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have used the Bloodthirsty on all my characters since I got it. I see it much more often now than I used too which is a bit disappointing and I remember seeing a tweet that they had no plans on a larger achievement/title. I would not want to see a squish though, I don't see the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Hello.

Unfortunately your best bet is to use the few unobtainable titles. Luckily The Immortal sounds awesome so I'm happy sporting it since Cata made my LoD obsolete.

I agree. Using the old titles now makes you look like a noob. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    I have used the Bloodthirsty on all my characters since I got it. I see it much more often now than I used too which is a bit disappointing and I remember seeing a tweet that they had no plans on a larger achievement/title. I would not want to see a squish though, I don't see the point.
    Not sure why you would be disappointed. 250k kills is just time invested, you put in 1000 hours before anyone else but now other people have put in 1000 hours and they got the title. Raid titles like 'The Immortal' and 'The Undying' are different because they were completed at current content while 250k kills is always completed at current content.

What's the point?
    People earned them and people like them. That's it, really.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Deleted
    And here I was waiting for a flood of "special snowflake" comments but I found none. Good job MMO-Champion community, I'm proud of you.

On topic: I would totally love this change (I would lose light of dawn, firelord, savior and many more) but I don't see it happening, unless something drastically changes.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    And here I was waiting for a flood of "special snowflake" comments but I found none. Good job MMO-Champion community, I'm proud of you.
    That's nice. I'm not proud of them though for the perfectly valid other reason: You get rid of old titles, you in-essence get rid of old content and snatch it from people who would have gone back and earned them alone later.

If the title comes from something like "have no one in the raid die the entire boss fight" that's fine, drop it. If it's "beat the boss while doing this mechanic" then it should stay right where it is.

For a great deal of us, titles are there for a "partial RP effect." I use "of the Four Winds" with my Windwalker and "of the Nightfall" for my Shadow Priest. If I couldn't get them because I made the characters after those raids were obsolete it would have just been frustrating.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Disagree with removing old titles, not because I use them a lot, because I don't (Camel-Hoarder for life), but because I think it would be work on Blizzard's end to remove all the titles from players who didn't kill LK while it was WotLK still, whereas they could just from now on attach the titles to the Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge achievements.
    So from here on out, sure, I'd be fine with only being obtainable while it's current.

Who cares? Use your current content titles if you want to feel important.

Doesn't matter to me or most people in the slightest. Get the most difficult to obtain / current titles and enjoy them until the new ones pop up. Rinse repeat.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, titles are fine the way they are. people should stop looking to be the last to get something and focus on being the first to get the new things. somebody got a wrath title after wrath? so what, get the newest title while they have fun using the old one.

also what Krommm said ^^^
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-04-18 at 04:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

To be honest, I havent seen any new titles that interest me in the slightest. Still rocking starcaller

I'd like to have titles that come before and after your name at the same time. For example Crusader Caninese the Argent Champion would be pretty sweet. It might be wordy, but I like the idea.
    Last edited by MrWolly; 2014-04-18 at 04:28 AM.