Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh 10hc Palla solo tank help

We just got to garrosh 10man hc, and we are looking into different strats. I've read about being able to solo tank the fight as a prot palla, and we would like to give that a shot.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me any special tips on the fight, and I'm especially interested in logs of prot palla's solo tanking it.

I also had a question regarding the jade temple transition, at the moment we were trying with splitting the raid in 2 groups instead of five. However, this seems to be very, very close every time we do it.
    In order to be able to use 5 groups, we would have to have hunters stun a group each. However, one of our hunters said that he has watched videos on the binding shot etc but that it is still RNG? Does anyone have a very clear video that shows how to do the binding shots?

Our comp:
    Warlock
    warlock
    hunter
    hunter
    Feral druid
    Fury Warrior
    Holy pala
    Resto Shaman
    BM monk (will probably go WW)
    Prot pala

Thanks!

I'm not a pala and our raid hasn't done this 100% of the fight, but phase one is completely solo tanable, p2 is easy as well, just make sure your healers and you keep and extra eye on you after the toes transition. With adds from whirlwind its quite easy to get one shotted if careless. Now p3 is the only tricky part of this. On my research from videos, you will get 7 stacks until first ww. After that your dps must push him in 10 stacks. Use cds/cd to mitigate that 10 stack explosion since everyone will have 7 from previous explosion. P4 is entirely one tankable. If you will see (if you going to try it that is) that that 10 stack explosion is killing you (you just can't get it to work) just ask your feral to oftank it for stacks to reset. He should be able to do that with his cds, if not make him take heart of the wild. It will be a slight dps loss over doc, but if its for raid benefit, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I'm especially interested in logs of prot palla's solo tanking it.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mHGq4PA8VncTKvY6

Feel free to dig through other reports. All of our garrosh kills are solo tanked with a prot pally. I'll link him to this thread and he might pop in to give you more exact advice.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Intermission-1

Videos of the binding shot.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rrosh-any-tips Solo tanking tips, it really just comes down to stack management - or cooldowns used when at high stacks.

You may want to consider 3 groups.
    Left pala / hunter / lock
    Right hunter lock ww
    Centre Warrior and dru
    It may make the timer slightly more forgiving.

All you need to do is organise your own cooldowns and externals for phase 2 and 3 when the stacks get high and raid cool downs for P3 when you explode. First EWC in P3 you'll be on about 7 stacks which only hits for a bout 200k each but when you push him you'll be up around 12 stacks which hits for about 700k. This is where you'll need to have your personals and raid CD's being used.

how many empowered whirls are suppose to happen in h10? killing the adds seems like a handful, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    how many empowered whirls are suppose to happen in h10? killing the adds seems like a handful, ugh.
    2 .../10 chars

1 if you actually do the second intermission or push p3 before it happens. That's with current gear, his 10 man nerfs, 2H/2T, and actually killing adds. During progression we had 2, sometimes 3 but that was quite some time and gear ago.
    Last edited by Kitmajere; 2014-04-18 at 05:09 AM.

We got 1 Emp Whirl. 0 in P2 and only 1 in P3. We also 2 tanked and 2 healed. Monk tank kited in P3 and we killed it before 2nd Emp Whirl and took a 10-12 stack with 7 debuff stacks and use a Devo Aura and nothing else to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    We got 1 Emp Whirl. 0 in P2 and only 1 in P3. We also 2 tanked and 2 healed. Monk tank kited in P3 and we killed it before 2nd Emp Whirl and took a 10-12 stack with 7 debuff stacks and use a Devo Aura and nothing else to live.
    do you guys skip intermission 2 or fight through it?

If you skip 2nd intermission completely, you can push the boss fast enough to only get one emp whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    If you skip 2nd intermission completely, you can push the boss fast enough to only get one emp whirl.
    are we supposed to hero+pot coming out of the 2nd intermission?

we don't ever enter the 2nd intermission so I wouldn't know. I would assume you lust as soon as you push him after 2nd intermission.

We two tank it and we stand there doing nothing in toes. We also manage to push him to phase 3 with one empowered whirlwind and no hero. We use hero when he is at p2 at 10% and is doing his roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    we don't ever enter the 2nd intermission so I wouldn't know. I would assume you lust as soon as you push him after 2nd intermission.
    you guys do enough dps to prevent even entering the toes intermission? so jealous. if were capable of getting through the 1st intermission under 23 energy, practice will eventually produce a kill, right?

you guys do enough dps to prevent even entering the toes intermission? so jealous. if were capable of getting through the 1st intermission under 23 energy, practice will eventually produce a kill, right?
    As long as you make it through the 1st intermission under 25 energy, you're very likely capable of killing the fight. It'll be tougher if you have to go to toes as you're likely get another Emp Whirl, but tbh they're really not that hard to deal with as long as you have a CD to keep the raid alive.

Deleted
    To respond in-depth to this: No. God no. Unless you're coming out of the 2nd intermission with the boss at 11%, you do not, ever, under any circumstances, do this.

In fact, coming out of the 2nd intermission, you need to make sure you're holding on to your 3-minute CDs as well. You want to push the boss to P3 without using any DPS CDs, and then pop everything as soon as the RP starts and go ham. You can deal with as many as 2 EWCs before P3, but if you want to have any sort of realistic chance of making P4 reliably (and you need to reliably make it to kill the boss), you must beat the second EWC in P3 - it'll wipe you 99/100 times if you get it.

do you guys skip intermission 2 or fight through it?
    Our first 2 kills we hit ToES phase at 11-12% and we just did it anyway the phase is easy. AFKing it in the back is a bad strat unless your tanks suck, but since I can just speed of light rocket boots to the top and just solo keep myself up till dps get there to kill it it wasnt hard.

The rest of our kills until we stopped raiding were pushing before ToES phase happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Our first 2 kills we hit ToES phase at 11-12% and we just did it anyway the phase is easy. AFKing it in the back is a bad strat unless your tanks suck, but since I can just speed of light rocket boots to the top and just solo keep myself up till dps get there to kill it it wasnt hard.

The rest of our kills until we stopped raiding were pushing before ToES phase happened.
    Our alt raid decided to afk terrace, not because of tanks, but because it's far, far easier on the healers. Gets to regen to full mana, and all it does is 2 emp whirls instead of 1, so people have to decide if that's a tradeoff they're willing to take - full mana + every cd ready for p3, in trade for 1 empowered whirl, or constant attrition / not ensured cds for P3 for -1 emp whirl :P.

Not sure what there really is to heal during P2 outside of a Whirl every 45 sec. Our mistweaver didn't even healing he just dps'd and did almost 200k on every kill.
    Disc basically just smited and spirit shelled whirls. Most tanks on 10 can easily keep themselves up swapping every 4 stacks with passive healing atonement and shit.

Maybe others can but Emp Whirls were always too much of a dps loss to want to do so we did 2nd transition since its so easy and got no whirls.