Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

WoW Twitch community and its downfall

Hello guys.

I want to talk about livestreaming. WoW livestreaming.

Nowadays you don't see as many WoW streamers as in the past. We've had names like Reckful, Hydra, Tosan, Ziqo, Klinda etc...
    Those are names you remember being at the top of the twitch WoW streaming community. Nowadays, we have random noname females which raid SoO normal/LFR, dying on the first 5% of the bossfight then proceed to alt tab to go on facebook or talk about stupid shit they experienced the day before. The worst part is, they have 600+ people watching INCLUDING a SUB BUTTON.

WHAT. THE. FUCK

Streaming used to be about the best players broadcasting top tier gaming content involving high end arenas and races to world first PvE kills. Myself being not that interested in PVE I cannot speak for that section as the only PvE streamers I know are Sco and Evrelia. Skilled players who deserve every inch of fame they have. People like Snutz, Venruki, Talbadar, Pikaboo, Trillebårtom, Båten and Zeepeye. They are the best PvP'ers in the world at the moment who stream WoW arena and 80% of them do not peak as many viewers as the random girls who show 60% of the screen as their cleaveage in their tight tops.

Please explain me the logic where Kaceytron and Blondiewondie who are stuck at bronze 3 in league, 1500 in arena can have more viewers than legends such as Snutz and Båten. Im really intregued how ANY female can start up a stream and hoard massive cash from just showing tits on cam and live off that.

Its no question that males dominate the ladders in every competetive online game. LoL, Starcraft, Dota and WoW. There are NONE top level female players in any of those games. By top I mean top 5 in the ladders, surely there are a astronomical exeption out there, but there is no doubt that male players are the most skilled. This is because we have better brain capacity and are more talented when it comes to multitasking and teamplay.
    Don't get me wrong, I've played with many girls over the 9 years in WoW. 1 officer in the last PvE guild I was in was by far the most skilled PvE mage I've ever played with, but out of maybe 20, she was the only one who stood out as a skilled player, and thats what live streaming is about. Being GOOD at a game, and showing those skills to the people watching.

Livestreaming is about teaching others your ways, broadcasting the talent you possess for others to take your knowledge, not buy a webcam and whore yourself out to 14 year old teenagers. Let me provide some examples.

This is a serious topic btw, I'm actually pissed about this issue.

Mod-note: Locked the thread, the comments and the thread itself seems to have turned to a more inappropraite discussion.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-19 at 09:41 AM.

Because people like boobs? Fuck the game, I'm here for tits

Who cares...I mean...seriously. People can do what they want, if they're female and want to show off theirs tits...and do things on THEIR stream they CAN!
    If people want to watch, by all means they fucking can. People don't need to watch who you want them to, or who anyone else wants them to. They can do what they want

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreoras View Post

Its no question that males dominate the ladders in every competetive online game. LoL, Starcraft, Dota and WoW.
    We also dominate the internet

Deleted
    So what you mean is you are pissed they are making money for been female? Welcome to real life, sex sells, get over it. Good streamers ALWAYS get more viewers then these "no name females", what you are crying about is it's easier for them to get viewers. If you want to start streamers, be good at something and provide something original, not crappy mid-tiered arenas/SoO HC runs/CM boosts. Be original.

its OFF SEASON time, since 5.3 fourth week and so, it started to drop like crazy, it happens every expansion after a couple of patches the streaming community like you said PVPERS(PVPErs also but soon as they clean the contetnt streaming etc people dont rly want to watch doing all that again).. already farmed everything, got all the caps, tanks and sh.. then they get bored just as i am right now, thats why i stopped my subscription.. until WOD comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares what people choose to watch? If they want to beat their little dicks to some vapid camwhore pretending to play a video game, it's their time they're wasting.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Because WoW isn't worth watching right now unless tits are involved.

PvE Streams are boring & nobody wants to watch a R1 do another BG. It'll pick up once Warlords releases
    Shuttle of Illidan

I agree, it's pathetic. You see the same thing in the cosplaying community nowadays too, with people like Jessica Nigri (who's an outright terrible cosplayer).

But there's not much one can do about it, I guess. Sex sells. I'm just curious of how it makes these girls feel about themselves, using their bodies to get viewers, and in extension, cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Yeah women shouldn't be allowed to stream video games. /sarcasm ;/
    Because that's what he said too, right?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I dont want to generalize demographics too much - but who are the people watching the streams? My guess, and I mean no disrespect is very likely teenaged and young adults with a smattering of social awkward older fellas who think by watching they will some day get to join her guild or vent with her. Just so they can white knight her all day long and send her gold. I realize that by me saying "no disrespect" doesn't negate the disrespect, but thats what I think.

I can't hate on the ladies. I'd do the same and so would you.

Not any different than the hooker dressed cosplayers and transmogs. Sex sells and if women have it, they flaunt it.

Blame all the virgin white knights who think gamer girls are "accessible" for them.

Never seen the appeal of watching others play a game anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreoras View Post
    there is no doubt that male players are the most skilled. This is because we have better brain capacity and are more talented when it comes to multitasking and teamplay.
    Is that so.

Deleted
    humanity is on its downfall not twitch or wow... ;o

Deleted
    That is pretty much what it comes down to. The moment a popular figure is a woman everything becomes about her only getting popular because of her breasts. It's an easy cop-out to avoid women from getting equal recognition and respect as men in the same role or function.
    He's still right to some degree, though. Most female WoW streamers with more than a handful of viewers provide very poor content, but always sit there with some giant cleavage and add as many hearts etc. to their stream titles as possible.
    A guys with the same content oftentimes wouldn't get nearly as much viewers/followers.

That said, they are not really to blame (exclusively) - it takes two to do that.

Sex sells, we all know that. Boys are just perverts and enjoy seeing semi naked girls playing games, they can be crap at the game or not even show it but boys see boobs and are drawn to it.

Guys are easy to manipulate with the slightest hint of skin? Wow. This is news. Welcome to marketing 101.

That is pretty much what it comes down to. The moment a popular figure is a woman everything becomes about her only getting popular because of her breasts. It's an easy cop-out to avoid women from getting equal recognition and respect as men in the same role or function.

Newsflash: All women have breasts.
    Spoken like someone who didn't even watch the second video.

Newsflash: All women have breasts.
    Not sure if you're trolling, but I frankly don't know why you're here when you haven't even read the starter post. Not once is OP complaining over women in general. Take a look at Pokket for example. She's a famous streamer who's gained her status simply by being entertaining and actually good at what she does. Compare her to, say, Kaceytron.

Why you feel that women have to show off their breasts and use push-ups when streaming says more about your perspective on women that it does about anyone elses'. Why you resort to something completely irrelevant such as "all women have breasts" is also beyond me. As if that requires them to be exposed and pushed up on-cam.
    You die.
    You are dead.

im right there with you brudda. i bitch about it then i get attacked by horny dumb ass fanboys -.- sex sells and these cam whores have found their niche.

The thing that gets me is the donations. I was watching Hafu's stream (Hearthstone) and she got $4000 in donations within an hour because it was her birthday. It's tempting to get my sister a webcam and put her on Twitch playing LoL. All the money.