Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At this rate Gladiator stance will be the best for everything lol. RIP Arms you won't be missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You worry too much. It's obviously going to be compensated one way or another, if deemed necessary, should they go with the removal of shield wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that this is Alpha, and that things that we see at the moment are just the start of what they have planned. All the re-balancing patches will come in the last part of the Open Beta which is up to 6months away. Just relax and I'm sure that they will balance the defensive capability in PvP of the different specs in the game in such a way that it's decently balanced.
    This.

You guys are applying the removal of shield wall to MoP which would suck, but it's for WoD, and we don't have the whole picture, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    tbh prot pvp is gonna be how arms pvp is now and with blood craze for prot and everything prot warriors atm are looking the best specc for PVP
    Based on what, Alpha Patch Notes? Do you have any idea how much changed between the Alpha & Beta, let alone launch, of Mists of Pandaria? No - Arms will be rebalanced around losing Shield Wall. Things change all the time, this is not the death of Arms PvP, and Protection isn't guaranteed to be the best ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    There are so many changes its impossible to say how big or small of a change this is.
    No it really isn't. You need only look as far as how other classes are getting nerfed defensively.

Spoiler alert, they're not.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that this is Alpha, and that things that we see at the moment are just the start of what they have planned. All the re-balancing patches will come in the last part of the Open Beta which is up to 6months away. Just relax and I'm sure that they will balance the defensive capability in PvP of the different specs in the game in such a way that it's decently balanced.
    I can promise you we will see one of two outcomes:

1. You're right, this is Alpha, Blizzard will realize how stupid these changes are and will do a 180 and buff warriors to insanity making them absurdly broken.

2. You're wrong, Blizzard doesn't really give two shits and keeps things the same for the most part and everything goes live with warriors not only lagging behind in solo PvP but being gutted in the one thing we're good at: group play.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was strange you could use Shield Wall without a Shield equipped...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

people request shield wall not have shield requirement.
    5.4 requirement goes away.(i think it was 5.4)
    6.0 shield wall becomes prot only.

isnt that basically a slap in the face now?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just wait. Lots of changes coming.

I read that and thought, holy shit, we are losing charge stun, shield wall, shouts dont give rage, and hamstring removed (passively applied at least). All that iconic, from day 1 warrior abilities gone but we are keeping BS like rallying cry, DBTS, and storm bolt? Not sure where they are going with all this honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    people request shield wall not have shield requirement.
    5.4 requirement goes away.(i think it was 5.4)
    6.0 shield wall becomes prot only.

isnt that basically a slap in the face now?
    that should tell you all you need to know about the devs in charge of wow these days.this game is being dumb'ed down so much its not even funny.remember back on wrath when blizz normalized health pools/Armour ect,they said it was to balance the game easier.ok now look at wrath cata and mop,wheres the balance?no they are doing this shit again but and saying the same shit different day.

also arms usually sucks with low crit rate-chew on that one.removing shield wall is a bad idea and goign to hurt arms bad.i know this is alpha but u can get a feel for what they wan tto do by looking over the changes.i read that they removed over power and reverted it,really that should never even be put down on paper.op has been part of arms for ever.the devs just wanted to rip the last little feel from the game.we lost 2nd wind to is im not mistaken.

the big wow killer will be and only be wow itself-i said that a millions times.
    Last edited by meathead; 2014-04-20 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    i cannot stop laughing with all that drama ahhahhah

in a serious note even tho i like most of the changes that i see as feral and as a hater to the warriors i found those videos really acurate even tho they are trolling looks like blizzard throw a dise when they want to make a class change nerf or boost

Last edited by mmoc209c357abe; 2014-04-20 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    It's not like we don't have any other defensive cooldowns at all. I forgot that Shield Wall was our only defensive ability in Warlords of Draenor.

It's not like we have a raidwide buff that increases everyone's health by 15% on the spot, or another cooldown that gives us 20% damage reduction and 100% Parry chance while active. Hell, we don't even have a toggleable 25% damage reduction ability, something that no other class has.

Oh wait, yes we do.

Please stop the doomsaying unless you're actively on alpha/beta and testing the features, in which case, leave the feedback on the testing forums, rather than the forums of a fansite

As for me i think they just purly dont understand the class.
    among all of these changes i can count only few as good and alot as bad.
    they always had something agains Warriors.

It'll be fine if they remove the stupid 70% 2 charge shieldwall they gave druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Ferals in WoD got.
    Survival Instincts, 70% DR, lasts 12s, 2 charges!, 2min cd.
    Barkskin, 20% DR, lasts 12s, 1min cd. can be glyphed to 25%- crit.
    Might of Ursoc, 30% more hp for 20s, requires bearform *significant dps loss*. can be glyphed to 50% hp.
    Renewal, 22% instant heal.
    STEALTH!

Then Heart of the Wild allowing you to healspam + the ability to heal up when not under pressure in caster form.

Also, they nerfed Recklessness to 15% crit, while Ferals burst got buffed, with Berserk giving them extra 50 energy, pounce getting massively buffed, rejuv usable in catform while retaining King of The jungle + Berserk/Tigers Fury for burst, savage roar passive.

Shall we compare this to Arms Warriors in WoD?
    Rallying Cry, 15% more hp for 10s, 2min cd.
    Die by the Sword, 30% DR, 100% parry for 8s, 2min cd.
    Enraged Regeneration, 30% heal, 1min cd.
    Defensive Stance, 25% DR, permanent but significant dps loss while in use.

No other self healing.
    Agreed. But don't forget warriors can also spec into Ravage which grants them 20% parry for 15 seconds, which could effectively be a 20% dmg reduction vs melee. Besides that, removing Shield Wall from Arms (and presumably fury) is a step into the right direction.

The feral change however is a step into the WRONG direction.

We need LESS defensives in the game, not more.

Deleted
    I agree, i think every class should have at most 1 strong defensive CD 50%+ and 1 weak, 20% or less, while stacking or chaining offensive cds is bad, i also think defensive cd stacking is bad.
    Like right now, i can survive for 30s+ with chaining Die by the Sword into Shield Wall into Rallying Cry with Second Wind healing and so can other classes like Warlocks, theres simply to much cds in the game right now, both defensive and offensive, each class should have 1 get out of jail card + pvp trinket.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2014-04-21 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Like right now, i can survive for 30s+ with chaining Die by the Sword into Shield Wall into Rallying Cry with Second Wind healing and so can other classes like Warlocks, theres simply to much cds in the game right now, both defensive and offensive, each class should have 1 get out of jail card + pvp trinket.
    Unless a rogue/mage comp comes around the corner and bursts you dead in a deep.

Arms mastery is now a 100% weapon damage hit btw, so that's a cool new thing.

Looking forward to multi-strike with SoO.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

It doesn't matter what changes they make to warriors (removing shield wall) as they relate to the current game. It only matters how these changes relate to how the game will be in WoD. If they trim down defensive cooldowns for a lot of classes, it would be silly for (dps) warriors to have several defensive cooldowns. I personally think there are too many defensive cooldowns in the game right now, especially when it comes to pvp.

it's annoying when you fight a mage or a rogue and you have to cycle through 30 seconds of defensive cooldowns and then 30 seconds later all those cooldowns start coming back up.

in pve some classes (rogues, warlocks) are on a whole other level than most with defensive cooldowns. being a rogue or warlock is like playing with cheat codes. i hope they take out a lot of defensive cds from the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Unless a rogue/mage comp comes around the corner and bursts you dead in a deep.
    There is no Berserker Buffs in arena, boring pvp mode.

I can't believe warriors wine about their defensive capabilities. Shield Wall was just too much. Together with Die by the Sword and defensive stance it made warriors unkillable in pvp. Defensive Stance is already too strong, 25% damage reduction is too much and the dps warriors can do while in it is too good. Warriors have by far too good survivability on live right now. A nerf is needed.

Have a look at DK's (frost especially). Blood Presence is our defensice stance but we do like no dps while in it, for DW frost our dps is reduced by 50%+ at least (around 20% less dps for unholy), and the only defensive CD we have is Icebound Fortitude (vs physical damage). 20% damage reduction for 10 sec every 3 min is lower than defensive stance, and you whine about your defensive capabilities.... Frost DK's die faster than any other class...

DK's and warrs are even on heals. Death Pact has a long CD but heals for a decent amount, Conversion heals a little over time but reduces damage-output by a lot.
    Second Wind doesn't cost anything to heal, but works only at low health.

Defensive stance > Blood presence (better dps and defence)
    Die by the sword > Icebound Fortitude (better defensive)
    Rallying Cry > ....
    Second Wind = Death Pact / Conversion.