Another reduction on Facing requirements for feral?

So in the updated patch notes ravage will have no facing requirement either, I honestly can't understand this change outside of it being an intended nerf to PvP.

Ravage gets used at max once per fight in PvE, and if you do take the talent (which nobody does) it already removes the facing requirement. The effect of ravage having an inherent directional requirement brought it off the dodge/parry table completely, including when under the effects of incarnation. This attribute allowed for the bypassing of things like Evasion from rogues and Die by the Sword from warriors.

Now that druids have 0 abilities which require being behind target, these effects will completely shut damage down, because everyone knows that with even an ounce of latency in pvp, you can't really tell if you are actually behind a target without spamming these abilities. Seems a bit odd to me that the justification is that ravage is hard to use now, even though it is only used on the opener or under certain effects which remove the facing requirement anyways.

A small gripe, but overall I feel it is just removing an aspect of facing requirement that actually felt good to me, including the facing requirement on shred as well.

how is a feral supposed to dps a warrior whats hitting him in the face when he cant use his main attack to hurt him.

its only fair.

Sorry what? Having no positional require for Ravage is a nerf for Feral in PvP? What am I even reading?

Also you've clearly never played Feral in a pug if you think Ravage is fine. I'd like to see you try and open properly when the tank spins the boss in 5 circles and runs it 20 yards on the pull.

It isn't a nerf, it isn't a buff, it's a quality of life change.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Sorry what? Having no positional require for Ravage is a nerf for Feral in PvP? What am I even reading?
    The reason Kraineth thinks it is is a nerf is because, absent positional requirement, one will not be able to spam ravage in order to guarantee attacking from behind. The benefit of attacking from behind, according to Kraineth, is that it allows one to bypass being dodged and parried. So currently, ravage cannot be parried or dodged - the absence of positional requirements will allow ravage to be parried and dodged.

I have to say Kraineth, I suspect most people will believe this to be a minor negative - if they even consider it at all.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2014-04-20 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Got names mixed up!

Being Parried or Dodged is obviously an issue you're going to face with this, but at least you'll still be allowed to use it, giving you a chance to get the damage off.

Currently if you're not behind the target, it's useless, but in Warlords, at least you'll have a chance to use it, and with a small risk of being Parried or Dodged, it'll still be a buff.