Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Those that are not currently subscribed to Wow, coming back for WOD?

I have to say, I am liking many of the changes and am interested in where it ends up at launch.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying unsubbed, I enjoyed the first 6 months or so of MoP but it got boring fast. Nothing in WoD interests me enough to make me want to resub. Not enough content and I don't find the lore/theme interesting personally.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but only when the 50% off sale of the expansion is up.
    Really don't enjoy paying $60 for one month of games.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I'm actually considering to not coming back for once.

WoW is starting to become a lackluster for me.

Sure, it's a bit of fun once you come back, but it quickly gets boring when you hit max level and start having any small issues when it comes to guild etc.

I'll be coming back. I'm fairly sad that we won't have another 5.0.4 period with boatloads of things to do and lots and lots of story within daily hubs that I can go through at my own pace outside of the main story but... I'm sure there'll be something decent for the first bit.

It may just do what Mists did and be completely abandoned by the time the last major patch comes out and essentially be a barren wasteland of nothingness outside of the final raid for at least a year but at least it'll be fun before that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno. Depends what friends do honestly. Gearing-wise, there's little reason to come back right at the start since it's easy to catch up.

I've been unsubscribed for the better part of the last year. Planning to come back about a month or two before WoD's release date.

My main reason for quitting is the fact that my guild of 6+ years broke up near the end of Cataclysm, and I didn't feel like starting over. All I've done in MoP is get my warrior to 90 and run a few LFRs. I've been keeping in touch with my old friends/guildies over Steam and RealID (as I also play Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2), and it seems that we might try to reform the guild and get things rolling again when WoD is released. So I will at least give it a month or two and see if that works.

Even if the guild doesn't get going again, I will at least get my warrior to the level cap and see the new content.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-04-20 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I JUST resubbed a few days ago to ready up for WoD I guess taking a break was a good idea xD

I'm not sure. On one hand I like some of the new content; on the other I might "put my money where my mouth is" about the price increase. Skip an xpac, show my displeasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I'm staying unsubbed, I enjoyed the first 6 months or so of MoP but it got boring fast. Nothing in WoD interests me enough to make me want to resub. Not enough content and I don't find the lore/theme interesting personally.
    Just out of curiousity, what are you still doing on a forum that is primarily dedicated to Wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what are you still doing on a forum that is primarily dedicated to Wow?
    Reading off-topic forums mostly and I enjoy posting here; also I read the occasional WoW news even when I'm unsubbed. Why does this matter really? It's a gaming site, no where on here does it say it's dedicated specifically to WoW.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

As of right now ..... i dont plan to resub.

It does not have somthing directly to do with WoW but a lack of intrest in mmo's in general, it is just more of the same with different skins.

Thing is ... im not realy sure what would bring me to resub WoW or start to play any new mmo.

Yeah. I'm a loner now and need people to do things with. At least until I get situated in College and find some RL friends.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont have any plans of resubbing at the moment. the visuals look nice but i havent really read or seen anything yet that has interested me enough to spend $50 on it

Leaning towards no.

Pro list:
    Garrisons are cool
    New character models are cool
    RP is fun

Con list:
    The only triple-dipper on the market (expansions+subfee+microtransactions=too expensive for me)
    Story is completely asinine
    I doubt I'll be interested enough in it to do endgame

So yeah. I could pay a sub fee so that I can... RP? And that's it? May as well just play SWTOR.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Nope. I hate Furor, so which him behind the helm, I'm staying away.

They made it super easy with the price of the expansion being $50. No way would I ever pay that much for an expansion to a 10 year old game. Knock it down to $19.99, I'd consider, but the sub has to be knocked down to $4.99, because again, 10 year old game.

Yup, content looks l33t.

Honestly, I'm excited about the expansion itself, but when they started selling 90's on the cash-shop, I left. It just seemed like they crossed a line that they'll never be able to return from, and it felt sort of insulting.

Now, if Blizzard removes paid-90's? I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Thinking very seriously about it. Probably will never return to the raiding scene, but if I can convince a friend or two to return with me I'll give it a shot.

Quit early MoP, for reference. Calling it quits on raiding near the end of DS. It's looking like with flex and more solo content, WoD will be a good expansion. Plus I love the story potential.

No prob not. My problem with wow is the community. I cannot stand seemingly the majority of people who play this game. It wasn't a problem when I was playing it regularly, you just don't really notice, but when you step away for a while, play some games with friends and generally adult/mature people, then come back, you really notice how horrible the community is.

You just need to look at this site and everyday you see entitled cunts whinging and whining about one thing or another in a completely non constructive way, hoping for other users to circlejerk with about how horrible blizz is. You have trolls and raging kids in almost every instance you enter. And the number of lazy, incompetent players seems to have grown as well.

I cannot see this changing with WoD, which is a shame, because the content looks quite interesting.