Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Maybe, i havent played in a month now and don't plan to until the expansion comes out. At that point of months and months i may not even bother and may move on from it all together

No reason to come back now and the expansion doesn't amaze me so far, especially with this "new" lore.

Deleted
    Based on the limited information currently available, no.

Probably, but only for a few months, if even that. It takes me a while to get pissed off again at the lore direction WoW has taken to the point where I have to quit. However, Twink PvP might keep me there for a bit, as it always has. With all the class changes, though, I dunno if that'll fly anymore. Also, garrisons looked nice and seemed to be something that grows and is customized by the player's achievements within the game. Now, it is clear garrisons are another form of the new genre "idle gaming" and I don't tolerate that shit. Especially for a pay-to-play game with a glorified waiting game being a core feature.

P.S. I bet my bottom dollar garrisons will have micro-transactions to speed up the gathering of materials for your garrisons. That's how Zynga did it, that's how idle games do it.... and it's worked out pretty well so far.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2014-04-21 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

I'll probably pick up WoD when the price drops to $20. Not just this expansion, but even AAA games in general prices are dropping after a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    If, by some miracle, classes are still fun with half their abilities gone, I'll think about it. Some of the zones look kinda cool, and 1 raid size for Mythics will be excellent for encounter design purposes.
    Mythic raiding will be challenging, unique, and give classes a chance to shine in specific encounters. Hell, I remember they even cited priests MC'ing DK understudies from Naxxramas as a source of inspiration. However, most of every class's encounter specific abilities have been removed, which seemingly beats down that hope and spits on its face.

Besides, the main problem is that Mythic is the new heroic difficulty. In lieu of tiered raids like Vanilla and TBC, there is now the same raid with different tiers. So instead of doing different raids and moving onto the next one for months on end, you'll be doing the same raid and move onto the next difficulty for months on end. In order to get to the challenging bit that's supposed to be fun and the pinnacle of skill (Mythic), you'll have to slog through the same bosses/aesthetics/mechanics in the previous difficulties 1st (LFR & Flex).

Honestly, ya it'd be cool to fight some legendary hero whose one of many big bad mechanics can be countered by disarming a trap in a small window of time whilst providing utility in the form of disarms and CC. However, with the removal of of said player mechanics and the prerequisite of killing the same mofo for weeks on end prior, I'm doubtful of how fun it'll be.

Sometimes, it feels like Blizz is giving all the unique abilities to Bosses and taking away what makes the player's character unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Probably, depends how things go between now and then.

If they give into the QQers and bring back flying and mess up their zone design for it i'll be gone for good

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The only triple-dipper on the market (expansions+subfee+microtransactions=too expensive for me)
    The microtransactions are just vanity though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    No prob not. My problem with wow is the community. I cannot stand seemingly the majority of people who play this game. It wasn't a problem when I was playing it regularly, you just don't really notice, but when you step away for a while, play some games with friends and generally adult/mature people, then come back, you really notice how horrible the community is.

You just need to look at this site and everyday you see entitled cunts whinging and whining about one thing or another in a completely non constructive way, hoping for other users to circlejerk with about how horrible blizz is. You have trolls and raging kids in almost every instance you enter. And the number of lazy, incompetent players seems to have grown as well.

I cannot see this changing with WoD, which is a shame, because the content looks quite interesting.
    People ingame are not like a certain clique on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My sub is going to run out April 27th. For the first time in 9 years I am seriously debating not playing WoW anymore. I usually stop for a month or two when the next big mmo comes out however I believe my interest for the genre is dwindling. I will be waiting for the final release candidate notes of the expansion and probably wait until the week or day before it is due to hit live like I did with MoP.

However that could easily change as I played the WoD demo at PAX East last weekend and got a beta key and will actually go about leveling and what not just to see if I enjoy WoD enough in beta to warrant a pre-purchase.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Have you peeked into the "Sports & Fitness" section?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because level 100 has always been my ultimate goal.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The microtransactions are just vanity though.

- - - Updated - - -

The vanity items don't belong in a cash shop though. Considering the cost of transfer services, sub fees, expansion costs....The biggest kick in the nuts to me with the vanity mounts(I dont mind the pets cause they have charity stuff based on certain pets) is that they make the best ones cost money in the cash shop and unobtainable playing the game. If they some of those mounts to hard achievements I would probably play just for achievements/mounts regardless of if I am raiding or not.

I want to return and play the first part of WoD atleast, but I will see when the release date is coming closer if I will return.

Only part of WoW I skipped is MoP and I don't have itch to scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    No plans on coming back but I said that about MoP too. I get bored of the content much more quickly than I used to and the content doesn't come out fast enough for my tastes.
    The way I see it, the content right now is too easy, and only takes 1-2 hours of AFKing in LFR to see in its entirety, which is why people get bored of it quickly. You don't need skill anymore to see the content. Just AFK in LFR once, and you beat the tier, theres nothing left to see. Back in BC, if you wanted to see more content, you had to better yourself. You set a goal, you researched, you practiced, and you tried hard to get one step further in your raid. There were points of excitement that you finally got past that hurdle and you got to see a little deeper in the raid progression line (What with attunements and all).

I think excluding people from doing hard content, if they didn't want to put forward the effort to doing it, works. If you're going to be lazy/useless, you don't deserve the reward of seeing all the eye candy. If you work towards your goal, better yourself, and all that, you deserve to see the fruits of your labor.

Inb4 "This guy is an elitist 14/14H nerd". Sorry, I'm a casual. But I do enjoy the satisfaction of beating something difficult and being rewarded in some means other than gear/mounts/items/achievements, such as additional story and exploration progression.

I won't subscribe. Maybe check out a few short term free promotional deals that'll inevitably come up, but otherwise I've had my time with WoW.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You can already preorder WoD for much less than $60.

- - - Updated - - -

All this because they removed a few abilities to avoid needing 3 hands to play the game? Overreact much?
    Hardly been wanting to make a clean break for a while now and WoD is just the catalyst. Tho if you read my full post you would see that class changes are just one part of my reasoning.

sometimes you just have to make a choice and follow through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously I dont know, im playing D3, I want to try Elder Scroll Online too....

I am gonna check WoD for sure, was planning to start actively raiding again after ~3 years but i might not be able to after all ;p

At least a couple of months for sure, then another 2 months at the first raid patch, and another 2 months at the other raid patch..You get the point.

Deleted
    It really depends on how many of my friends comes back for wod.

Up until about a month ago i was super excited about wod, but recently while not being subbed i've started playing different games like DayZ, which i'm having way more fun playing than wow. So i'm not really sure anymore. I'll definitely subscribe again if shadow priests are able to perform well in raids this time. mop bummed me out on that one quite a lot. we'll see! until then, DayZ all the way!
    Last edited by mmoca2f65c0cbf; 2014-04-22 at 02:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Probably, but only when the 50% off sale of the expansion is up.
    How long after an expansion's released does that happen?