The Terminology Switch Over

Warlords of Draenor is going to change the Raiding Content Terminology, and I'm curious to know when you'll do the "Switch Over".

Looking for Raid remains Looking for Raid

Flexible Raiding becomes Normal Mode

Normal Mode becomes Heroic Mode

Heroic Mode becomes Mythic Mode

Are you already considering these new terms when you talk of raiding, do you think you'll ever manage to fully move away from these old terms? Let's discuss!

Note: I see no reason for a poll on this one, it's more a talking point.

1. Well, we can't keep calling Flex raiding flex raiding in WoD, because it will be ambiguous (given Normal and Heroic are both Flex).
    2. Normal mode does not become heroic mode, normal mode vanishes and is replaced with a new Flexible raiding level.
    3. Heroic mode does not being Mythic mode, heroic mode vanishes and is replaced with a new 20 man format.
    4. I always like to have at least 4 items in a list.

I'll call them what they are, there's no need to change much really. Flex is being removed as a format and the mechanic is just being kept, normal and heroic are merged into "Heroic" with that style. Mythic. Done?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Inb4 "The skill of the "community" is so low that flex is now normal"...threads
    But Flex IS Normal. They basically removed Heroic and made a new version called Mythic.

Inb4 "The skill of the "community" is so low that flex is now normal"...threads
    What does an inb4 comment really accomplish except start a line of thought for the very thing it ridicules..
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    3. Heroic mode does not being Mythic mode, heroic mode vanishes and is replaced with a new 20 man format.
    This bit not true though. Mythic isn't just "heroic." Specifically, they made a point of how it's not. Mythic will be using mechanics that relies on certain raid utility to be available on certain bosses in order to facilitate the "you have 20, there's room for every class" mentality they're aiming for. It was harped on a bit about how they "can't currently design raids around having those because a 10m might not have a Rogue or Paladin and thus no smokebomb/devoaura."

Basically our current Heroic is just gone.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    What does 90% of threads here accomplish? I am looking at you "predict the sub losses" and "this game is embaressing easy". Oh well..it gets people to talk?
    Well, I don't see it in that view, a discussion on how the terminology has changed and Blizzard's perspective on what their gamer demographic normally is capable of is more of an interesting topic. It doesn't always have to be a negative connotation that the game is getting bad, more that the playerbase is expected to perform less than it used to. What Blizzard's reasoning is behind that train of thought is a fair question.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

What does 90% of threads here accomplish? I am looking at you "predict the sub losses" and "this game is embaressing easy". Oh well..it gets people to talk?
    Oh so you agree that your comment would've probably started the "community's skill is low" thought train? Fair enough. I was under the impression that you actually wanted to deter people from venturing into that area, hence why I noted that inb4 comments generally fail to accomplish that. It is, like Lothaeryn noted above, a nice way to derail threads.

On topic, I think people will transition seamlessly with the new terminology/acronyms, as they always have.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    This bit not true though. Mythic isn't just "heroic." Specifically, they made a point of how it's not. Mythic will be using mechanics that relies on certain raid utility to be available on certain bosses in order to facilitate the "you have 20, there's room for every class" mentality they're aiming for. It was harped on a bit about how they "can't currently design raids around having those because a 10m might not have a Rogue or Paladin and thus no smokebomb/devoaura."

Not to QQ, but if this is the case, I can easily see myself not caring about Mythic even more in the next expansion. Currently I don't really care much about Heroic raids except for clearing up the achieves later on... but if they're going to focus on a certain class' ability being 'requisite' to successful completion of a fight, I can easily see myself having a headache with... "crap, we need a (class) that can (ability) reliably but we only have (totally NOT the person you want to be relying on)"

I can see the responses now "oh, then you just need to replace them with someone that CAN be relied on, etc,etc,etc...", but to be fair... I'd rather not have more dividing lines in my raid to force me to replace people because they've been singled out by some mechanic. If its going to create stress and drama, I'd rather just focus on raiding the tier below more efficiently and 'amplify' the fun.

I don't know how many people remember what a headache Naxx could be when you had first-time shadowpriests there, but ... it was NOT fun... for anyone involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using the normal ones...not going to do the switch until it's released (they still may change)

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we have LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic.

In WoD we will have Flex modes (LFR, Normal, Heroic) and Mythic.

People will call Flex LFR, LFR.

People will call Flex Normal, Normal or N.

People will call Flex Heroic, Heroic or H or HC.

People will call Mythic , Mythic or M, maybe.

And this will all start to change during the pre-WoD patch 6.0.

Why was this thread started again?

For your viewing pleasure.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2014-04-22 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Warlords of Draenor is going to change the Raiding Content Terminology, and I'm curious to know when you'll do the "Switch Over".

Looking for Raid remains Looking for Raid

Flexible Raiding becomes Normal Mode

Normal Mode becomes Heroic Mode

Heroic Mode becomes Mythic Mode

Are you already considering these new terms when you talk of raiding, do you think you'll ever manage to fully move away from these old terms? Let's discuss!

Note: I see no reason for a poll on this one, it's more a talking point.
    It really is screwed up.. because if you say ´heroic´.. people are going to think it is difficult, when in fact it is just normal mode.

They really should have just found a clever name for what currently is flex mode.

LFR
    Entry
    Normal
    Heroic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Now we have LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic.

In WoD we will have Flex modes (LFR, Normal, Heroic) and Mythic.

People will call Flex LFR, LFR.

People will call Flex Normal, Normal or N.

People will call Flex Heroic, Heroic or H or HC.

People will call Mythic , Mythic or M, maybe.

And this will all start to change during the pre-WoD patch 6.0.

Why was this thread started again?
    For me, the problem is that if you say ´heroic´ people are going to assume it is difficult, when in fact it is just regular baseline raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. Well, we can't keep calling Flex raiding flex raiding in WoD, because it will be ambiguous (given Normal and Heroic are both Flex).
    2. Normal mode does not become heroic mode, normal mode vanishes and is replaced with a new Flexible raiding level.
    4. I always like to have at least 4 items in a list.
    LFR stays LFR in name and difficulty.
    Flex is renamed Normal and says at the same difficulty with flex tech.
    Normal is renamed Heroic and stays the same difficulty with flex tech.
    Heroic is renamed Mythic might receive a bump up in difficulty and becomes a static 20 man group.

What the OP stated it the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

Don't forget the best part... heroic trash!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    What the OP stated it the truth.
    Then why did you disagree with him ?