Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I love what the raiding community has become

It fills me with such joy what people have turned into. I'm 7/14 heroic, trying to find Flex groups for my alt. I get turned down by everyone cause my alts ilvl is 532. No one cares about experience anymore.

I have seen some lame excuses too. Like "Just because you can raid heroics on one character doesn't mean you know how to play another that well".

Yes I'm ranting. Cause I have been trying to find raid groups for my alt for weeks now and turned down cause everyone wants 550+ ilvl + Leg Cloak for even Flex groups.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is how it's always been (for me personally anyway)

oQueue or OpenRaid are both good ways around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a new thing.

And tbh it's a reasonable thing (to a degree...), I mean, one can be a fenomenal prot pala but such really hard at playing bm hunter. Showing that you killed boss X on heroic just tells that you know all the tactics up to that boss and know what you're doing on the class you did it on.

Most often than not, people who clear heroic modes will be very proficient at a couple of different classes, but there's also those who dedicate to their main and treat alts as just gold mules, profession banks, wtv, and may not really know how to play them as great as their main.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2014-04-20 at 06:35 PM.

if its been said once it's been said a million times

make
    your
    own
    group

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It fills me with such joy what people have turned into. I'm 7/14 heroic, trying to find Flex groups for my alt. I get turned down by everyone cause my alts ilvl is 532. No one cares about experience anymore.

I have seen some lame excuses too. Like "Just because you can raid heroics on one character doesn't mean you know how to play another that well".

Yes I'm ranting. Cause I have been trying to find raid groups for my alt for weeks now and turned down cause everyone wants 550+ ilvl + Leg Cloak for even Flex groups.
    Flex raiders are the more casual community with little time to play. They don't want their time wasted with someone who isn't geared and not going to pull their weight. Asking for higher ilvls isn't asking for a carry. It's trying to ensure a run free of maximum derpage.

I resubbed 2 weeks ago in the hopes I would get to kill Garrosh for the wolf before the next expansion, but I have already cancelled my sub and given up playing.

My iLvl is 517, no one wants me because I am a "scrub" and bring nothing to the raid, and experience doesn't matter. The fact I raided hardcore BC until Cata means nothing now, with such a crap ilvl I wont get to raid.

OpenRaid isn't helping at all either; flex groups have high requirements which I'll never meet. Even if I was fully geared in LFR gear I wouldn't meet the requirements of these people. And thats my next point; LFR isn't even doable anymore. I have put hours and hours into LFR over the last two weeks; eventually every boss was killed (except Garrosh, haven't nailed him yet as the groups are incapable of tactics), and I have been rewarded with two pieces of loot, and that is using all my bonus rolls. So I could run LFR for weeks and weeks and weeks to come, be faced with horrible luck, gradually increase my ilvl at a snails pace, and still not be eligible to even join a flex group from open raid.

So yeah, I agree, the community is crap. I understand what Seezer said about people not wanting their time to be wasted, but that then affects me and the many others who most definitely aren't scrubs and most definitely can raid and pull their weight, regardless of ilvl.

But whatever, I thought I'd resub for some casual raiding fun (cant commit to an actual raiding guild as I'm a student) but obviously not, I'll be back in WoD for some more casual fun then
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Deleted
    If you don't have heroic gear on your alts why even bother trying to get Flex groups? your item level will be the reason the raid fails... get over it.

/thread.

this is nothing new, I remember getting questioned about doing kara pugs in full s3 gear on my druid, even though my shaman was full t6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    My iLvl is 517, no one wants me because I am a "scrub" and bring nothing to the raid, and experience doesn't matter. The fact I raided hardcore BC until Cata means nothing now, with such a crap ilvl I wont get to raid.
    Having an ilvl that low when better gear is dripping left right and center is nobody's fault but your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Having an ilvl that low when better gear is dripping left right and center is nobody's fault but your own.
    Hmm probably should have mentioned I quit last August, just as SoO was being released, and I was running ToT LFR a lot. I have just resubbed; I am trying to run LFR as I said and that doesn't work because the groups consist of bought characters or plain stupid people. And also, if you read my post correctly you would see even if I ran LFR for weeks, I wouldn't have an iLvl that matches the absurd requirements of 545 for example for flex.

Any other suggestions how else I should upgrade my ilvl sir? I am using my valor to buy 522 stuff obviously, but besides that, I am not getting much higher! And when I am not allowed to join flex, I can't see the point in me carrying on playing haha.

Deleted
    Hmm probably should have mentioned I quit last August, just as SoO was being released, and I was running ToT LFR a lot. I have just resubbed; I am trying to run LFR as I said and that doesn't work because the groups consist of bought characters or plain stupid people. And also, if you read my post correctly you would see even if I ran LFR for weeks, I wouldn't have an iLvl that matches the absurd requirements of 545 for example for flex.

Any other suggestions how else I should upgrade my ilvl sir? I am using my valor to buy 522 stuff obviously, but besides that, I am not getting much higher! And when I am not allowed to join flex, I can't see the point in me carrying on playing haha.
    Belt and legs can be crafted. I suppose you don't have access to ordos but you got a chance on celestials every week. Do lots and lots of dungeons for justice points, and convert em to honor. Honor gives 522 gear. Only thing you can't really get is trinkets, which you can get 1 522 from valor and 1 535 from timeless isle. There's only 2 specs that benefit "less" from pvp gear (and even in that case, still a decent amount of pieces) and those 2 specs are prot warrior and blood dk. After you're full 522+, you can chose to buy arena boosts for conquest points or grind timeless isle for burdens of eternity (or a combination of the 2), the conquest cap from arena right now is 8800 already if I'm not mistaken, which is 4-7 pieces depending on which you need most. All of this makes 540 ilvl easily to get you into flex. Do flex and conquest cap and valor cap every week and after couple of weeks you're 550.

Edit: boots/helm can also be crafted 522 in case they're better itemized than the pvp stuff.

The tier will be out for at least another 6 months, continue farming lfr and get a fully upgraded set then you can move on to flex, and then normal.

Raiding community? I don't think you can seriously consider PUG players to be part of the "raiding community".

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    At least you're not doing pvp: Trade Chat: "LF 540+ PVP iLVL for YOLO RBG's"
    - You think you have it bad, try getting into a winning Rated Battleground, with skilled players
    - Hahaha
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2014-04-27 at 08:55 AM.

The timeless isle is full of gear you can grab. I would not use your valor on 522 gear ever, use it instead to upgrade any gear you might get off of the celestials. Also you can get lots of easy to obtain timeless pieces which can be upgraded via burdens of eternity to 535, which can in turn also be upgraded up to 543's with valor.

I got turned down for groups in wrath on my DK for not having the achieve on the DK but having it on my main. It's been going on forever

If people are asking for a 550 ilvl for flex then that is fucking ridiculous.

My advice to you OP is to form an alt run with your guild.

I wouldn't waste valor buying 522 stuff. Use it to upgrade anything you get from SoO LFR, Celestials, or Ordos.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Belt and legs can be crafted. I suppose you don't have access to ordos but you got a chance on celestials every week. Do lots and lots of dungeons for justice points, and convert em to honor. Honor gives 522 gear. Only thing you can't really get is trinkets, which you can get 1 522 from valor and 1 535 from timeless isle. There's only 2 specs that benefit "less" from pvp gear (and even in that case, still a decent amount of pieces) and those 2 specs are prot warrior and blood dk. After you're full 522+, you can chose to buy arena boosts for conquest points or grind timeless isle for burdens of eternity (or a combination of the 2), the conquest cap from arena right now is 8800 already if I'm not mistaken, which is 4-7 pieces depending on which you need most. All of this makes 540 ilvl easily to get you into flex. Do flex and conquest cap and valor cap every week and after couple of weeks you're 550.

Edit: boots/helm can also be crafted 522 in case they're better itemized than the pvp stuff.
    Thank you for your help I will look in to the crafted belt and legs; the AH is dead as there is one active horde guild haha, so I'll try make contact with that guild and see if they have crafters.

I am currently capped on justice so I'll put those in to honor and see what is best to upgrade currently and yeah, I am grinding away on the timeless isle for that 535 trinket at the minute and hoping for burdens of eternity too.

The arena for conquest is a smart idea; again I'll see if there is anyone willing to boost on my realm and see their prices first haha.

Thanks for the help

yeah this happens in every game I know off. I remember Ultima Online having that problem. So ... welcome to random matchmaking I guess

- - - Updated - - -

yeah this happens in every game I know off. I remember Ultima Online having that problem. So ... welcome to organized random groups, I guess
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."