Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    You need a 2 raid days guild but can't find one? Create one, that's so simple.

I know what I'm talking about, I needed a hungarian guild that raided hard modes after 21:00, only 3 days per week. There was no such thing, so I founded one and it's still going strong after 2 years.

Deleted
    I want the best gear and all the content in the game but I only have 2 hours a week to raid.

Blizzard, make the game so I can be special because I pay a monthly subscription.

The raid group I put together raids 2 nights a week, maybe 7 hours total and that is if people don't have time issues (work). Currently 11/14H working on the wall that is Siegecrafter. I guess just do what some others said and make your own raid group with like minded individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    The problem is that there is simply not an end-game alternative to "serious" raiding or pvp. There is nothing for casual, skilled players to do when they don't have the time to commit to the game that a younger, less responsibility-ridden player might have. I have been railing for YEARS for them to return 5-man heroics to something worth farming for a few hours with friends like they were in wrath (shards, frozen orbs, badges).
    This is what I've been saying too. There just isn't content for skilled casuals. All these changes that are supposedly for "casuals" are in fact changes for *bads*.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    The problem is that there is simply not an end-game alternative to "serious" raiding or pvp.
    Yes, there is. It's called "not serious" raiding or PvP.

Start a casual guild. Get ~15 raiders who are of a like mind, and go for it. It’s not complicated. I’ve been doing it for years. I don’t have to deal with the younger crowd. All of my raiders are 25+.

Just be willing to deal with the consequences of a casual guild – loot will go to high /rolls not your best raiders, people will attend raids inconsistently and perform sub-optimally, and progress will likely not go all the way through Heroic.

5-mans have a CAP on the amount of benefit you get from running them, especially considering the queue times being the length they are.
    Queue times? I thought we were talking about guilds.

I dont understand this. There are guilds out there that raids 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 days a week(during new patch/progress).

Theres all kinds of guilds out there. It's up to you to find a guild that suits you. Not the other way around.

Then theres something to be said for access and what content you should/can do. You are not entitled to do HC mode. Now we got LFR, flex, normal and HC. You get to see all of the content in different difficulties. HC mode is only harder fights.

If you want to experience those harder fights, then yes, you gotta PUT TIME in it. Skill is not everything. Raiding is a team effort and when you go with 9/24 other people, mistakes happen. Everyone has to learn the fights, eachother and work as a team to beat the good tunes bosses Blizzard puts out for heroic mode.

If you expect a HC raid clear in 2 raid nights, you would have to be in a raiding guild that has been together for a long time raiding who also has content on farm.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    My guild is 6/14 H with 2 nights 3 hours each night raiding...sooooooooo yeah..."Proper Progress" not sure the meaning of that exactly. We aren't clearing 14/14H within the first 2-3 months of SoO but hey we're going our own pace and we're having fun.
    10 man?

I have this worry that when the hardest difficulty is 20 man, that these guilds will be forced to switch to (WoD) Heroic raiding and won't be satisfied. I worry that the return on investment to coordinate 20 people for 6 hours of raiding is rarely worth it.

*shrug* 2 night a week guilds exist... We're one of them. If people want to find a schedule that works for them, they'll look. 3-4 a week guilds want people that can be there all the time, can't blame them. We wouldn't take someone that could only make one of our two raid nights, don't see why a 3-4 should do the same.

2 night guilds exist, but they generally progress slower, end up extending lockouts on progression bosses more frequently, and I think it would be safe to assume that the hours they raid each night is more than other guilds would.

I find it easier to raid 3 hours (give or take) 3 nights a week than raid 4 hours 2 nights a week. If you are looking for a 2 night a week guild, expect there to be a lot of hours each night to make up. However, I full cleared normal months ago in a guild only doing 3 hours twice a week. But if you expect to push heroics, there needs to be time to do many pulls. if you can put in hours on two nights then good luck, otherwise you will need to extend lockouts or raid more often

I don't know what kind of server you're on but if it isn't "empty" then I don't see why there'd be a problem finding enough good players for raid heroics 3 times a week. I also think it's up to the guild/raid/recruitment leader to decide what it is he/she wants for their particular group. If one of these many good players as you claim would suffer from it then why don't they just make a new guild that is happy with raiding 2 times a week? Or if you already have 14/14 HC progress, why don't you take it upon yourself to create the guild with the requirements you described? If not for yourself then do it for the people that need someone to take the first step.

We raided 2 nights a week 2.5 hours a night and went 9/14 heroic. For a "casual" guild, I think we did ok. I wish that SoO was broken up into two raids like BoT/BWD was so we could have focused on one part and then the other. Would have made it easier to progress.

Problem is, most of the 2 nights a week guilds are like 6/14 normal and are filled with drooling keyboard turning morons.

The problem like people have said is that SoO is simply too big for 2 day guilds....my own guild made it to 10/14H but then we joined up with a 3 day 25 man guild to clear the rest. Couple that with the fact that 25 was a lot easier this tier and 10 man guilds that raid 2 a night and can go 14/14 are gonna be extremely rare. I could see it being doable but I doubt they're the kind that go out and recruit random people. More likely its a tight knit group that's raided together for years.

If guilds are raiding 3 days a week and are happy with their rosters, why should they change?

If guilds are raiding 3 days a week and are not happy with their rosters, what makes you think dropping to 2 days will magically fix the problem? Seems like they would just lose the members they currently have.

It's fucking hilarious when people keep making threads whining that the "community" needs to do something. Take a hint, "community" is not an entity that does anything, it's just a reflection of what individuals happen to be doing, and I'm hardly willing to bet more than 5 readers of this thread, let alone a significant % of the population, will change just because you think they "should" as if you know better than them. Change happens on an individual level.