Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Which was?
    Just say it, we're spamming the forums like this.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this thread needs to go any further off-topic.

Well you said A, so you might aswell say B, do it in PM if you're worried about getting infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

So I decided to check the karma/obsidian gains from WvW. In 56min I got 15 obsidian shards, getting the same amount in PvP takes 320min nearly 6times faster.
    Compare that to the "hardest" dungeon path in the game which is only 2*faster.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    The T6 mats appear to be the worst, from all of my pve/wvw and post-patch pvp experience I'd say I have on average 20 of each strictly from what has dropped?

To make a Legendary it'd be 100g per stack of 250 [possibly being modest]

The shards aren't too impossibly hard to gather in pvp, clovers are still bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    The T6 mats appear to be the worst, from all of my pve/wvw and post-patch pvp experience I'd say I have on average 20 of each strictly from what has dropped?

To make a Legendary it'd be 100g per stack of 250 [possibly being modest]

The shards aren't too impossibly hard to gather in pvp, clovers are still bad
    Yeah, well, getting T6 mats anywhere :P
    Was the last thing I completed on my first legendary and will be the last thing I complete on my 2nd.

I can understand why they didn't make getting a legendary *too* easy just strictly playing PvP, then you'd have every PvE player in the world flocking to PvP to make legendaries. And although the new reward tracks have drawn in some strictly PvE players, I'm sure their goal is not to gut the rest of the game and have everyone do PvP.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    So many ways?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

1. Tactician Deathstrider at the Cathedral of Glorious Victory in Straits of Devastation when under Pact control for 2,100 Karma.png.
    2. Laurel merchant in any city, 3 for 3 Laurel.png.
    3. BUY-4373 in the Fractals of the Mists - 15 Fractal Relic.png.
    4. Lionguard Belongings Collector - 50 Found Belongings and 2 Silver coin.
    5. Lost Orrian Jewelry Box
    6. PvP 15/track

1. Karma, that's 1+5
    2. Laurels, that's 60/month if you do your dailies monthly everyday that's 8.5months
    3. Fractal relics, you get about 150 if you do fotm 50 so that's 500 fotm 50runs (HAVE FUN)
    4. No longer possible.
    5. There's 5tracks that give obsidian shards, if you could complete all 5 you'd need to complete them 6.5 times.

If you're swimming in them, you bought them don't act like they fell from the sky.

If you want arah rewards, just do arah. Not really a solution there eeey.
    If you are good at jumping just wait for SAB to return it had a 1 to 1 bauble bauble to shard ratio . PS I got 500 shards from wvw karma farm and I already have 65 clovers so I had more. If i wasnt an idiot and used banners and boosters I would be swimming in karma but I only have 100k now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The problem is all that stuff is incredibly boring to me. I don't find sab challenging nor WvW so I despise them. I didn't bother with world 2 since I did W1HM which was just a fest of hidden oneshot kill mechanics with no warning.

Best solution would be to just give karma back to dungeons, I really don't get why they removed it in the first place...

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    This is as offtopic as offtopic can get but what would be a good source for the lodestones required for a legendary? (other than paying an arm and a leg in TP)

OTfor the sake of the rules) I've been enjoying short ques in spvp but the randomness of the team composition is driving me nuts. I am a below average pvper but I am not terribad like some of the people that make it into my team some times. So I go from winning streaks to losing streaks depending on who Im paired up with and who I'm against (played a few 500- 200 games).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Farm gold and buy them.

Deleted
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Orrian_Jewelry_Box

As per usual for gw2, it`s a crap shoot as to what/if any you`ll get though.

I like how I can make a decent amount of money since I don't really enjoy doing dungeons. I am upset though because I got the Balthazar back piece and I sold it for 20g and the next day it was selling for 80 I just assumed it was going to continue to drop in price since it started around 50g and had dropped to 20g.

10+ Year Old Account
    the PvP changes are great for the health of the gamemode going forward. MMR is there it is just set way too high for newcomers so they end up going against top 1000 players instead of people around their skill level. Justin said he is working on a fix so we will see (i assume a change in the starting MMR and implementation of a Ladder System). i am a true PvPer so item rewards mean nothing to me really, but it's great to entice PvErs/WvWers to try out sPvP but ANet needs to implement a better tutorial from within the game in video format coz knowing what you are supposed to do is not the same as seeing it being done. ANet may also need to think about allowing players to do unranked games to practice before heading into ranked games (they learn the game and veterans don't feel like they have to carry all the time).

personally though i have not PvPed since a month before the patch. ANet is not serious about balance and until they get serious i just won't PvP. there is waaaay too much damage in this current build, even more so than before and that made me not want to play then, and OP professions and skills, traits, utilities need to be balanced better. i am all for the slow and steady approach, but i feel the devs are going about it the wrong way. they should be tweaking things slightly on a weekly basis; adjust this trait's duration, icd, proc rate and that utilities uptime, effectiveness, skillful use. small adjustments, but with greater frequency. basically they need to make PvP have more meaningful decisions being made than just spam-spam-spam. the Dhuumfire change was a great change, i just wish more skills where like that; to do damage you have to sacrifice the potential loss of sustain and cc. we need an overall reduction in damage something like 20% for condi and 15% for physical, adjust heals and boon durations accordingly and this game's PvP will go eSport organically, rather than the artificial way ANet are trying to go about it. oh and the last thing ANet REALLY need to work on before PvP can have a chance to thrive is the effects clutter. for an action based game, how this is not a higher priority is amazing to me. if you cannot see what animations are being cast due to drowning in the effects soup, how can you effectively counter without randomly dodging in team fights, hell even certain 1v1s? oh and the Dragon finisher ANet gave me is gaudy and makes me sad. ANet suffers from great ideas and "meh" execution, serviceable but not epic with certain features.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Is it worth getting back into PvP?

Me and my friends haven't played sPvP since ~6 months after release, is the competitive teams still about? (e.g. TP, TGC, Curse, Tsunami) We just don't want to come back to how it was, play against a good team then next game be playing against a bunch of randoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

Me and my friends haven't played sPvP since ~6 months after release, is the competitive teams still about? (e.g. TP, TGC, Curse, Tsunami) We just don't want to come back to how it was, play against a good team then next game be playing against a bunch of randoms.
    They`ve add new rep grind tracks, to make it easier to get loot & a pvp only skin, so the place is awash with dragon slayers of late.
    Best hint would be watch some streams & see what it`s like.
    I`ll give you a hint though...

http://www.twitch.tv/bringyourfriends/c/4078079

No, pvp isn't worth your trouble.

They added rewards which are totally not interesting for PvPers. There's no MMR to speak of. There are no serious teams left.
    I can keep going but then people might call me a game basher...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tournament of Legends kicks off in 2 days, Volichat has a brief article on it and outlines the most feared teams to look out for in both EU and NA. Also a brief interview with Supcutie, one of the best mesmers in the world.

http://volichat.com/blog/guild-wars-...nt-of-legends/
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post

It depends on how you want to play it, really. If you want to do team tPvP solely, it might be a bit more competitive than the other avenues, however, given that it's all megaserver now, I see plenty of people in the Heart of the Mists daily now just grabbing whoever to form up teams, so there is a high likelihood you'll end up "playing against a bunch of randoms".

I find solo queue tPvP to be fun for me, but most people even out at about a 50% win/loss ratio given that there are many new players in there right now and your team can either be great or be completely awful.

I normally play my necro in solo queue, but today I did some hot join on my guardian because I haven't played it in a very long time and needed some practice getting back into it. What I found was rabbit ranks and dragon ranks in the same match. Very confusing, lots of people just running around in the middle of nowhere, not seeming to even go for objectives.

However, the reward tracks seemed to progress much faster from hot join than it does from solo queue. I can't say how fast it progresses in team queue but I've heard it's also faster. That being said, I believe Anet put a two tick daily maximum on how much progression you can get from those modes. You can get any amount you want daily from solo queue.

There is a limit to how far you can progress a title track in a day from Hot Join games. It's two tiers per day. If you want to advance more than that within a daily reset, you need to do solo q or team q.