Deleted

Demo on Paragons and Garrosh 25H

So we have paragons on farm as of last week, and we're starting garrosh progression today. How dumb would I be to play demo?
    I do have experience of playing demo through t14-15, so I'm not entirely new.

Armory

I've tried several reforge setups and this sims the most, any pointers?
    Thx in advance

Edit: We have 3 warlocks atm if that's any info you want
    Last edited by mmoc265e08cf5b; 2014-04-21 at 03:42 PM.

You wouldn't be dumb at all in playing demo, especially with the gear for it + knowing how to manage the specc, although have you played it on garrosh before and managed your dps with all the transitioning and so forth? Otherwise it may be a bit underwhelming until you get a hang of the timers on the boss and how/when to manage certain things.

Personally, I would not go with such an extremely high haste build for demo, I'd swap ALL the haste gems you have in there with mastery gems, and go a mastery> Crit~=haste build, so a balanced crit/haste build (more so a haste till 8097 then dump everything else into crit). But thats just me, maybe others see it another way.

10+ Year Old Account
    How successful Demo will be on that fight will depend on what strat your guild ends up using. Overall i feel Destro is the superior spec for the encounter especially when you are learning it for the first time as you will have less to micro manage and can focus more on the mechanics of the fight.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Even if demo would outDPS destro on this fight I would stay with destro. It´s just way less to focus on if your comfortable with it and it´s nearly impossible to die as destro. DPS is not THAT important on this fight. There are some % you should reach in time and thats it

I haven't really tried heroic as demo, always destro so far. Did normal as demo early in the tier and it seemed ok.

The point where I can see demo potentially struggling compared to destro is the first intermission.

The 3 adds you're assigned to need to die quickly.

That's very easy to achieve with 4 banked embers and havoc ready.

Demo burst is certainly good it isn't as easy to pull off as destro.

Someone mentioned before in a earlier thread but I wanted to clarify. (not necessarily for heroic garry but normal as well)

How does desecrate work in 25man? I was told that as long as there are a certain amount of people out by the (standard strat) marker that a ranged player in melee won't get targeted? The only reason I ask is because I could see demo having a good portion of DPS to contribute via MF and IA in phase one at least- even tho its padding meters in most groups but occasionally some groups struggle with adds/knockbacks and what have you. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    How does desecrate work in 25man? I was told that as long as there are a certain amount of people out by the (standard strat) marker that a ranged player in melee won't get targeted?
    As long as 7 players are standing outside, noone in meleerange will get targeted by desecrate.

You really shouldn´t consider speccing demo just because of the adds in p1, since if you really struggle there your guild is miles away from killing garrosh anyway. Have a DK grip the second wave onto a monk statue with an additional priest massroot, get them below 50% and wait until the engine kills them. And the first wave...yeah...don´t know if a guild could really struggle there. Just cleave them down while you are attacking garrosh..

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    As long as 7 players are standing outside, noone in meleerange will get targeted by desecrate.

You really shouldn´t consider speccing demo just because of the adds in p1, since if you really struggle there your guild is miles away from killing garrosh anyway. Have a DK grip the second wave onto a monk statue with an additional priest massroot, get them below 50% and wait until the engine kills them. And the first wave...yeah...don´t know if a guild could really struggle there. Just cleave them down while you are attacking garrosh..
    I was just curious really; I typically play demo full time since its the only spec I enjoy for PVE , besides I'm basically a full time pug raider so I won't be doing H Garrosh any time soon xD. It was just something I wanted to file away as pertinent info incase I ever wanna join the cool kids and pad meters with my AOE

Played demo for HC paragons tonight to great effect. Imp army, tons of fury, good times. Especially useful for the on demand burst when Xaril is up. Not as boring as affliction, all win imo! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    I was just curious really; I typically play demo full time since its the only spec I enjoy for PVE , besides I'm basically a full time pug raider so I won't be doing H Garrosh any time soon xD. It was just something I wanted to file away as pertinent info incase I ever wanna join the cool kids and pad meters with my AOE
    Demo on paragons is great cause you can stick Dooms all around making alot of imps.

On Garrosh you wont be padding meterr with AOE cause destro will smoke you

if your still progressing you would be dumb to play anything but destruction.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Farm and you shit on the fight? Anything you want, really.
    Progression? I would recommend going Destro. While burst is indeed a great trait of Destro lot of other things can make your life much easier ( AoE CoE on the adds in intermission for slower cast time, Ember Tap after soaking 5 stacks of Malice, like we do), so I would strongly recommend that.