Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Best Melee class for 230+MS

I have tried to do some research but didn't really get the answer I was looking for so as the title suggests, which is the best melee class for a laggy player.

I play my hunter and I completely love it, nice constant damage without burst and even though he is ranged, he gives me the melee feel.

I started to gear my old shelved Frost DK and respecced him to unholy as it seemed like a lot of fun and I have to say that I can not feel lag affecting me at all compared to my WW Monk which is COMPLETELY unplayable with my latency.

I recently got my Enhancement Shaman to 90 and I'm considering shelving him due to feeling like a ret, useless without burst and I hate it.

I'm looking at:

Warrior
    Rogue
    Feral

I think it's the only melee classes I don't have

As I mentioned above I have being a support class that has crap damage outside of CD's

Please try not to be biased and DON'T RECOMMEND ANY CASTERS

Thanks

EDIT: Bearing in mind that in WOD almost all positional requirements will be removed

230 ms isn't huge - most people used to play around those numbers earlier in the game's life without issue.

Out of the 3 you suggested I'd say feral or rogue. You get to start the fight on your terms and generally keep them stunned while you're burning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Feral is the absolute WORST to play in that situation.

Rogues can handle it, if they're not combat.

I'd recommend a DK
    Do you know what 230 ms is, it's not even 1/4 of a second.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Feral is the absolute WORST to play in that situation.

Rogues can handle it, if they're not combat.

I'd recommend a DK
    DK might be a little sketchy if he plays Frost, he'd end up wasting KM on the wrong ability quite often if he's lagging.

@OP Have you looked into the custom latency tolerance option? You can crank it up to your exact MS and it works extremely well. Also, I'd recommend Warrior.

As an Australian who play consistently with 200+ ms I find that classes such as warriors and DKs are on the better end of the scale. Enhancement shamans are also good been playing mine a lot lately with very few issues.

Rogues I have tried but found myself plagued by the out of range message too often to be really enjoyable. Wind walker monks are next to impossible I found.

DK's and rogues have 1 sec GCDs, so stay away from those.

You will want a melee that can reliably apply snares and roots. I'd say warrior or enhancement shaman

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    As an Australian who play consistently with 200+ ms I find that classes such as warriors and DKs are on the better end of the scale. Enhancement shamans are also good been playing mine a lot lately with very few issues.

Rogues I have tried but found myself plagued by the out of range message too often to be really enjoyable. Wind walker monks are next to impossible I found.
    I was hoping an experienced player with lag would give his 2 cents. Thanks a lot for your input, leaning towards warrior. As I mentioned earlier I recently got my enhance shaman to 90 and the class really just feels to weak for me, yeah you can global someone with ascendance but I don't really like it

Another Australian giving my 2c, easiest to manage with latency dk>warrior/enh>rogue>feral/ret>ww (hardest) is probably how I would rate them on how much latency affects the class. Played most classes to high ratings for what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Another Australian giving my 2c, easiest to manage with latency dk>warrior/enh>rogue>feral/ret>ww (hardest) is probably how I would rate them on how much latency affects the class. Played most classes to high ratings for what its worth.
    Very much appreciated, will keep this in mind and as for WW being the worst, I couldn't agree more. I've never in my life been as frustrated as I have been with WW.

On a side note, I'm from South Africa

Why do you say DK is easiest to manage, when they have a 1sec GCD? This just amplifies the effects of latency. The time spent waiting on a DK or rogue is far less than other classes, so you effectively lose more actions per minute with those two if you lose 1sec every 4 seconds due to latency. DK's would be no better than WW's, with the exception of having spammable ranged snare/root.

I play feral with 180 ms, the main problems are kicking and getting an opener at people mounted/rogues with BoS.

I would say warrior, charge + hamstring will grant that you stick to your enemies.

I play at around 250ms and rogue is alright but sometimes getting backstabs off may be an issue. Its not so hard against the average players but against the good players that know how to keep their back turned away, it gets troublesome.

I'm only 1800. My MS is always around 300 give +- 30. I have no issues playing a dk or warrior. Although sometimes I've noticed hunters hit me through pillars. I'd say paladin and enhance will have even less problems but I've never touched those classes. Just guessing.

I do play a rogue and it's kind of hard with that MS.

Why are people talking about GCD?

GCD doesn't matter with latency: Jitter is what will affect your GCD.

Ret or DK makes the most sense since a lot of your damage can be used at range and you have a short cd stun to use to keep someone in place.

Feral at anything but low latency is a very large annoyance. If you enjoy constantly missing openers even when spamming them running through someone or consistently getting "out of range" of someone you're damn near standing inside of, knock yourself out.

I love feral but when I had to play on a crappier connection for a while it was extremely aggravating. Glad I'm back down to my 20ms haha.

Dude I play at 83 ms most times and I feel that's light.

I'd recommend rogue or dk, enough stuns and slows to help you out.

1/4th/5th of a second for 10 minutes+ of an encounter adds up.
    Lag doesn't work that way. It stays at 1/4th-5th of a second delay throughout. It's a delay at the start of the fight and nothing more (provided you understand the concept of custom lag tolerance as mentioned above). You can queue your spells for your lag so there's no break in ability use because of ms.

Deleted
    play a warrior and smash your head furiously against the keyboard

u should reach at least 1800 by doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    play a warrior and smash your head furiously against the keyboard

u should reach at least 1800 by doing this
    Appreciated