View Poll Results: Do you think Blood Elf Males look/act gay?

Voters
65. This poll is closed
  • Yes

24 36.92%
  • No

41 63.08%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think Blood Elf males look gay?

I have this dilemma. I love Belf Males casting animations and thinking of using my free 90 boost for a belf priest. However, they do seem a bit gay e.i. there emotes/stance. But some people think they are manly...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the slightest bit homophobic. Just curious of your opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes

/10char

You might not be afraid of homosexuals, but you have a strong enough stigma against them to both stereotype them as well as avoid being associated with them...
    Which means you're pretty much afraid of homosexuality.

So it is, indeed, homophobic. :P

Also: No. They may be a bit flamboyant, but their sexuality is completely up to you, the player.

They can look a bit prissy, especially in robes. But I think they look good in armor. I would never do a male blood elf priest, but suit yourself.

Deleted
    Not gay per se, more like metrosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame, you were missing a 3rd option, should have been "A little" or "Other".

I find them a little gay, but it is mostly due to the flirts and dance.

Their appearance is okay for me, quite like the lore as well.

... And Lor'themar Theron kicks ass.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dentchi View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not the slightest bit homophobic.
    Yes you are.

Gay doesn't actually have a "look"

At best. BE males are Metro and “bishonen”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentchi View Post
    I have this dilemma. I love Belf Males casting animations and thinking of using my free 90 boost for a belf priest. However, they do seem a bit gay e.i. there emotes/stance. But some people think they are manly...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the slightest bit homophobic. Just curious of your opinions.

YOU CANT LOOK GAY.

For christs sake how homophobic and sterotypical are you.

Does it look like a bear? an otter? a twink? a jock? a cub? metro? chubby? or you know the infinite spectrum of body types that gay people can be, just like straight people.

What the hell is wrong with you? The fact that this is even a "dilema" for you pretty much tells me all I need to know about you.

Belfs, are pretty fit, muscular...is that what you think gay people are? in which case is I assume this is what you think all straight male posters on this site look like:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/alb...n_computer.jpg
    (if you click you may not ever manage to get rid of the image, not explicit, just.....disturbing.....:P)
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-04-22 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if my Blood Elf Rogue looks gay, then it's because he is gay. Well, more omnisexual. He still remembers that one night where he got drunk and tried to mount one of those statues in Dalaran in the horde area. You can still see the dent. In the rogue of that is, the statue was rather unimpressed.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay? No, but, I've known a lot of homosexual people that are of many different body types, attitudes, etc, so I tend not to really pay any attention to the stereotypes.

Feminine/"Metro"sexual? Yes. They're characterized as prissy and vain, which is an attribute most commonly seen as gay, however, I've known more straight men that act like that than gay.

Honestly, giving your character a more "heroic" haircut and a male-strong name (rather than a gender-neutral or even feminine name), would go a long way toward making it seem less "gay".

10+ Year Old Account
    They look more like normal men than the actual human males do. They look as gay or straight as any random guy, which is to say, they look like any random guy because gay and straight are orientations not body types and clothing.

Deleted
    Such rage lol.

I'm not homophobic. Jesus. My brothers gay and so is one of my closest friends. I have nothing against them, but being a straight guy I just like looking awesome and manly in games, and questioning wether blood elves do or not... thats all. No need to get all hotheaded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Shame, you were missing a 3rd option, should have been "A little" or "Other".

I find them a little gay flamboyant, but it is mostly due to the flirts and dance.

Their appearance is okay for me, quite like the lore as well.

... And Lor'themar Theron kicks ass.
    Actually, yeah.. said "gay".. so thought I read right... Changing my word use a bit..

Or maybe just say, "Self centered"?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-22 at 01:14 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    YOU CANT LOOK GAY.

If you think you have the right of calling people out for having some sort of phobia then I think we have the right of saying that someone/something looks gay. It's equally offensive and disrespectful.

Despite all the homophobic reactions to male belfs I for one love their arrogant attitude.
    Standing next to some horny transmog wearing female, /flirt and then hearing "You look almost as good as I do" cracks me up every time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    YOU CANT LOOK GAY.

Does it look like a bear? an otter? a twink? a jock? a cub? metro? chubby? or you know the infinite spectrum of body types that gay people can be, just like straight people.

What the hell is wrong with you? The fact that this is even a "dilema" for you pretty much tells me all I need to know about you.

Belfs, are pretty fit, muscular...is that what you think gay people are? in which case is I assume this is what you think all straight male posters on this site look like:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/alb...n_computer.jpg
    (if you click you may not ever manage to get rid of the image, not explicit, just.....disturbing.....:P)

I'm talking about steriotypical gay guys. I know gay people look different, just as every human does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The word you're looking for is "Flamboyant" or "Feminine." How the fuck does someone look homosexual?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

No. They look like cocky swedes to me.

They like the finer things in life and they are obsessed with their looks, sounds like narcissism to me.