Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ashran and pvp only

It looks like they are working a lot on the Ashran zone, even adding a bunch of PVE objectives/bosses.

Has it been stated anywhere if you will be auto-flagged for PVP on PVE servers (like Wintergrasp in Wrath) or will it remain optional, at least in certain PVE areas (like TB in Cata)?

I understand the desire for the world pvp zones, and this one sounds like it could be fun, but if you just want to do the PVE objectives then auto-flagging would be a bummer (except for the people that enjoy ganking, obviously ).

Wouldn't be much of a PVP zone if PVP wasn't required. If the PVP was optional it would be exactly like Timeless isle.

I'm exited for it. Looks basically like a concentrated world pvp zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't go to a pvp zone and hope to pve. It is a PvP zone first and foremost. You will be flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogfoot View Post
    It looks like they are working a lot on the Ashran zone, even adding a bunch of PVE objectives/bosses.

Has it been stated anywhere if you will be auto-flagged for PVP on PVE servers (like Wintergrasp in Wrath) or will it remain optional, at least in certain PVE areas (like TB in Cata)?

I understand the desire for the world pvp zones, and this one sounds like it could be fun, but if you just want to do the PVE objectives then auto-flagging would be a bummer (except for the people that enjoy ganking, obviously ).
    It's a hybrid environment so you should expect both parts.

I would have liked it to have a separate PVE type of appeal for PVE servers. (Think of going to fight those tower bosses and only flagged A/H can attack players to prevent or delay their victory against those bosses.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I think i'll enter Ashran to check how it looks when patch 7.1 hits. Yes, 7.1., when there is no other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they adding an option so's you'll never be flagged for pvp, and can't participate in any pvp-activities on purpose or accident?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I would have liked it to have a separate PVE type of appeal for PVE servers. (Think of going to fight those tower bosses and only flagged A/H can attack players to prevent or delay their victory against those bosses.)
    I don't think you got the vibe the devs were giving out in the interview. They want people to pvp more. They said that several times. They are really pushing the pvp thing. I can understand, but they need to understand there are people like myself that don't give a shit about pvp and won't do it for any reason anymore.

It's as much of a PVE zone as Wintergrasp was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Spoiler: you can flag for PvP on any server

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Don't go to a pvp zone and hope to pve.
    I wasn't asking for advice, I was hoping someone had heard some official comment on this that I hadn't yet come across.

It is a PvP zone first and foremost. You will be flagged.
    Do you know this from what Blizzard has posted somewhere or are you just speculating?

In case people have forgotten, Tol Barad was/is split into two areas and the main questing portion of the zone does not automatically flag you on a PVE server.

i dont do PvP but Ashran sounds fun.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't asking for advice, I was hoping someone had heard some official comment on this that I hadn't yet come across.

Do you know this from what Blizzard has posted somewhere or are you just speculating?

In case people have forgotten, Tol Barad was/is split into two areas and the main questing portion of the zone does not automatically flag you on a PVE server.
    It's like you didn't listen to how they described it at all. Also, Tol Barad was a complete failure, they would do well to not replicate that.

It's like you didn't listen to how they described it at all.
    So they did say you were auto-flagged regardless of activity? Can you tell me where that info is from? I see there is a video on the front page, but I can't watch that right now, was it in that interview?

Ashran has been repeatedly described as a "PVP sandbox". I think the PVP is pretty core to the design intent of the zone.

That said, the map they showed in the interview showed a World Boss icon so there should be some degree of PVE I guess. Just, you know, good luck with dealing with the other faction and the boss at the same time.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Aren't they adding an option so's you'll never be flagged for pvp, and can't participate in any pvp-activities on purpose or accident?
    That won't extend to non-contested areas, flying over an enemy capital will flag you and so will going to the PvP zone

15+ Year Old Account
    So they did say you were auto-flagged regardless of activity? Can you tell me where that info is from? I see there is a video on the front page, but I can't watch that right now, was it in that interview?
    They didn't say it specifically. But did you not hear their intent for the zone? Do you not think they intend it to be a strictly pvp environment? Why do you think it is separated for the general overworld? Come on man, think for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't go to a pvp zone and hope to pve. It is a PvP zone first and foremost. You will be flagged.
    Good to know which spot I will be avoiding If I can get there on my RP realm without flagging, I might check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Ashran has been repeatedly described as a "PVP sandbox". I think the PVP is pretty core to the design intent of the zone.

That said, the map they showed in the interview showed a World Boss icon so there should be some degree of PVE I guess. Just, you know, good luck with dealing with the other faction and the boss at the same time.
    I enjoyed Wintergrasp and Tol Barad, so I'll probably like Ashran too. However, if there are PVE-specific rewards (quests included) and I've chosen a PVE server intentionally to avoid PVP then I think this a bad decision.