Deleted

Cant wait for WPVP in WOD

atm wpvp isnt pvp its just WPVE tbh just raiders ganking people yes i do play on a rppvp server but i dnt mind being killed its the fact that pvp gear is crap vs full pve gear even full pridefull ur going to struggle so roll on warlords of draenor and to the people on defias on horde watch out cos im gonna be hunting you down! im a warrior for a reason, i was WPVPing in classic so i know how to fight. i will kill any of you hordes who stand in my way so be prepared

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the challenge that pve gear being much better than pvp gear brought for wpvp (especially bloodcoining). Just in pvp gear I was able to take out most pve heroes; Spriests and locks were the only trouble I had and thats if I didn't have Roar of Sacrifice and stampede up. Though I am a huntard so I guess that is expected. Did have a 572 huntard keep whispering me about how I was able to beat him with my ilvl540 pvp gear at the time. I guess its still skill > gear for a good chunk of it.

I can't wait for WoD ppvp either though, the changes will be awesome and going back to BM facerolling will be great Hope there is another bloodcoin type of grind to do!

What world PvP? It died a long time ago and isn't coming back.

They did not say anything about mythic ilvl so I will not be excited too fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I was able to beat him with my ilvl540 pvp gear at the time.
    So i guess that would have been what, yesterday? last week with 3 items from world drops?

This will make the game so much more fun

Deleted
    I think he is talking about the realm 'defias Brotherhood' where my guild constantly attacks SW/or their shrine. WPVP is very much alive on that realm and will always be. Bring it Mr Warrior, I have an arrow with your name on it

The major culprit for world PvP-disappearing have been the flying mounts. Made the zones emptier than ever and players never bump into eachother anymore - and if they do, it's usually a question of ganking. Long lost are the days of STV, Black Mountain and Barrens pvp

I really hope they come up with a neat solution to increase the frequency of which players of different factions bump into eachother in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    What world PvP? It died a long time ago and isn't coming back.
    Agreed. Cross realms, server merges and LFD have permanently killed WPvP, imo. Let me give a brief description of WPvP that was incredible fun and had a lot of meaning back in Vanilla and TBC (early Wotlk).

Guilds on Horde and Alliance on active PvP servers had real wars going on. Certain players made a name for themselves and were known to be seriously heroic and super skilled. We had a Ret Paladin (not naming him, I refuse to rep him as I hated, yet secretly admired the dude. I think most did) on my server that used to do things like sit outside Blackrock (keep in mind Ret was not a strong spec, adding to his renown) and just solo groups of Horde players. He would also come to the gates of Org and do battle for hours. We also had ganker clowns that swore everyone respected them, when in truth, no one did. They were truly self deluded. But, it was still fun farming them.

The world was alive with combat, making WoW actually feel like a world at war. STV, South Shore and all of Outlands were just covered head to toe with unending combat between well geared guilds that fought for the honor of their Guild/Faction and their own personal rep. Wars started small and quickly escalated as reinforcements were called to bear. At times we would spend hours in Outland covering several zones in a few hours neck deep in total guild vs guild wars. It was so much fun.

In early Wotlk factions would do battle for the control of Heroic daily PvE dungeons. Again, great fun. At times tiresome and annoying. But, now those moments are gone I find myself missing them.

These days are gone, sadly. I miss them greatly. Now, most sit in towns and que for everything. The new World of Quecraft saddens me to no end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevciu View Post
    The major culprit for world PvP-disappearing have been the flying mounts. Made the zones emptier than ever and players never bump into eachother anymore
    I disagree. There were flying mounts in TBC and yet WPvP thrived and could be found in every zone.