Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Russian domination.

Hey!

For quite some time you can see alot of russian players appearing in BG's and Arenas. And it got me thinking, since most of Battlegrounds against Russians end up in total annihilation of my team. Why did Blizzard merge Eu with Ru, they have their own servers for nothing?

There is huuuuge disadvantage facing Ru players. When you enter BG you are matched up with random players (mostly from around the Eu). You open score board and you see group full of russians.

So now we have Random Group form Eu (speaking other languages, communicating with English + not perfect in most cases) Vs Random Group from Ru (All speaking same language, easy to communicate). Is it right??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NexosHunter View Post
    Is it right??
    Yep Russians speak Russian

Deleted
    Actually, as I use oQueue addon to group up, I get to play with russian players, and most of them are just normal people, but usually they're worse than normal EU player since they can't communicate 100% sure using English.

Incase of Battleground: It's mostly about players brains, if they can use own brains to make good moves etc, it's much easier than one guy spamming at chat what to do.

Deleted
    I don't have an issue facing Russian BG's Teams - they are either really strong / good or the absolute opposite and a faceroll. I do have a problem though with the use of Cyrillic characters in the nameplates..... It really frustrates the hell out of me, target calling / calling Healers out is fucking impossible.

The only problem I have seen is that they like to play defensively, in bgs like IoC and AV this is very effective but it's also very slow and it's hard to convince your team to play like that. The lose fast mentality is strong with some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    I don't see any difference in skill when playing vs russians, but there's always 1-3 retards who have given up before the gates open because they think russians are all PvP gods for some reason.
    Yes, this is my experience too. I do alot of randoms and haven't encountered a really hard to beat russian team in years..
    Got against a russian team in AB yesterday and it was easy win for us (our group actually communicated).
    I do remember facing some really tough russian teams in AV but that was years ago.

It's just their reputation, they usually aren't any better than an average random eu group.

Everytime they destroy a team I have been in it is because they stay together in large groups and they do this consistently. That is why they win the majority of the time because they actually work together. 2-3 dps and a healer staying together, with the DPS peeling for the healer in a 10-15 man BG is devastating against an uncoordinated team that does not focus the healer or stay together, which would be the vast majority of random BG teams.
    That is why I think people have an irrational fear of them as they have been destroyed in this way before and therefore think they will every time they encounter them, which is simply not the case.

The biggest issue is that Russians tend to form 5man groups up to full premades for random bg's. Or it's a complete bot group.

There is naturally nothing wrong with finding 4 others, but when you enter a WSG and face a Russian team, fully geared with 3 healers and a tank, the fun stops. It's one of the downsides for Horde as Alliance has almost instant queue times and therefor it's extremely easy to get your full premade in the bg you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    Yes, this is my experience too. I do alot of randoms and haven't encountered a really hard to beat russian team in years..
    Got against a russian team in AB yesterday and it was easy win for us (our group actually communicated).
    I do remember facing some really tough russian teams in AV but that was years ago.

It's just their reputation, they usually aren't any better than an average random eu group.
    I agree with this one. I think it's really silly some people leave instantly when they're matched against Russians.

I also think it's stupid people assume we will automatically loose when matched against Russians and feel the need to tell the raid before the gates have even opened "let's just loose, they're Russian ". With that attitude you're never going to win.

Same goes for "oh no, 5 players from StormscaleEU, let's loose". No you silly goose, they can be trade pugs, they can be boosted greens, they can be bad players. Just because you're on StormscaleEU doesn't mean you're good.
    Warlock (SL main)

I don't understand this irrational fear of russians people seem to have in this game. I don't see any difference in skill when playing vs russians, but there's always 1-3 retards who have given up before the gates open because they think russians are all PvP gods for some reason.
    In my own personal/anecdotal experience, Russian players tend to be of a considerably higher calibre than most EU players when it comes to PvP content. PvE, i'm not sure about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this irrational fear of russians people seem to have in this game. I don't see any difference in skill when playing vs russians, but there's always 1-3 retards who have given up before the gates open because they think russians are all PvP gods for some reason.
    1. When you're fighting someone who's at least a continent away, the time it takes for abilities to register vs them only increases. AKA It's impossible to fucking hit them in arena most of the time.
    2. The names covering 25% of your screen.
    3. More than often they're a premade.

Deleted
    And dont forget the 1400ms lag you have when you play against them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    And dont forget the 1400ms lag you have when you play against them.
    This is the main reason I hate facing them, the lag is unbearable and makes things seem one sided since a lot of the behaviour people claim is cheating is actually really bad lag. Getting one shotted by one spell seemingly is actually a whole bunch of spells queued via lag then landing at he same time when your out of range.

Their sever upload must be crap to cause this, where as ours is good they don't experience the same issues

Classic "Someone plays better than me" thread.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic post from under a bridge in Russia

The Ruski hype is weird imo. From my POV we lose some and win some against them. They're far from being Germans. Now Germans, they are meeeaaan.

10+ Year Old Account
    German 5 man`s normally destroy russian 10 man`s

I dont have problems with Russians in general, but i play a Hunter so range problems dont really exist for me. There are a few who cheat and/or use programs like pqr but these guys also exist on every other server. I see more pqr users from Aegwynn-EU then russian realms.

Russian dominate? You mean a preformed group of 15 man in AB wrecks you with rotations. numbers advantage and only well geared members in normal bgs facing 15 random people? They must be pro or something...

No, not really...3 or 4 good players (mostly friends of mine) are enough to wreck most premade groups, because they are used to easy prey. Actually that's one of the best things in random bgs...wrecking some wannabe preformed groups when your team is playing good and trying, makes me giggle a lot :3

True, you can't spell their names and tooltips are all fucked up thanks to their alphabet, your game keeps saying "the target is too far away" even though you stand right next to them thanks to the incredible lag and there's a quite higher chance you will encounter a guy who interupts your instant casts or a fresh warlock who just keeps spamming incinerate while keyboard turning but skillfully manages to fear all enemy players around him, even those standing behind him 40yd away.

But still, the worst thing you can get is that teammate who starts yelling "game over man" the moment he spots cyrillic in the opposite team.

Also, if you don't plan on playing 2000+, you have nothing to fear.

And as far as randoms go, much worse are imo germans and their healerjugend.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Russians are nothing compared to Germans. Yes I dislike Russians in BGs, but Germans are usually the most fearsome teams to play against.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )