Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Sorry but that's nonsense, servers was far from stable in Vanilla was pretty much extended maintenance everytime it was a maintenance.

Only diffrence was that people didnt complain as much about it back then.
    Sorry but that's complete nonsense - luckily there are other true vanilla players with a memory better than a fish, who also remmeber that the Vanilla servers were much more stable than the last few weeks/months of MoP have been.

I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread.

If you've genuinely been playing for that long, you'll remember what Patch Days were like back in Classic & Vanilla. Sometimes there servers were down for 2 days, they then lagged for the next week, and had constant issues for weeks after that. Compared to now, these issues are minor.

Even on a good day, extending the maintenance by ~5 hours was the norm.

Stop, Whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Sorry but that's complete nonsense - luckily there are other true vanilla players with a memory better than a fish, who also remmeber that the Vanilla servers were much more stable than the last few weeks/months of MoP have been.
    The WoW Servers were recently attacked via DDoS, and other then that the issues have been relatively minor. I think you're the one lacking the clear enough memory to remember the harrowing hours of boredom that was Classic / The Burning Crusade Patch Days.

Deleted
    Yes vanilla did have some trouble sometimes but i also remenber that they usually gave 1 day of free time to compensate....

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    At least realms are coming online before raid starts, so I can sell stuff and make goldz! *Hurray!*

im not that lucky sadly my raid was due to start 15 minuets before they are due to go back up if they go back up then.

erm voodoogaming? what is a DDoS exactly? some type of virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    Yes vanilla did have some trouble sometimes but i also remenber that they usually gave 1 day of free time to compensate....
    I've played since Classic, and I recall being given some free time very rarely. What do you want, 2 hours free game time?

Raven is correct, 1-3 days downtime in vanilla happened so often that they gave us free days gametime in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread.

If you've genuinely been playing for that long, you'll remember what Patch Days were like back in Classic & Vanilla. Sometimes there servers were down for 2 days, they then lagged for the next week, and had constant issues for weeks after that. Compared to now, these issues are minor.

Even on a good day, extending the maintenance by ~5 hours was the norm.

Stop, Whining.

- - - Updated - - -

The WoW Servers were recently attacked via DDoS, and other then that the issues have been relatively minor. I think you're the one lacking the clear enough memory to remember the harrowing hours of boredom that was Classic / The Burning Crusade Patch Days.
    Firstly, I have no idea why you mention "classic & vanilla". These two things are the same thing. I assume you never played either, and so you think they are separate expansions....... I assume you started playing in Wrath or later, judging by your knowledge and attitude.

Secondly, as I already posted, in my experience the Vanilla realms were much more robust than the current MoP servers are. Ever since they started Cross realm, merging realms, hearthstone beta etc the realms have had frequent problem almost every single week.

During Vanilla, server problems were so rare that Blizzard used to even reimburse anyone who was subbed for a whole day, if the realms were down more than an hour.

Can you fathom to guess how many free days we'd have if Blizzard still adopted this policy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Raven is correct, 1-3 days downtime in vanilla happened so often that they gave us free days gametime in return.
    Oh lord.. Everytime I look at my subscription list, I think I count minimum 30 days given by Blizzard..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Firstly, I have no idea why you mention "classic & vanilla". These two things are the same thing. I assume you never played either, and so you think they are separate expansions.......
    Or ... Maybe a mistake? I meant Classic & The Burning Crusade

Secondly, as I already posted, in my experience the Vanilla realms were much more robust than the current MoP servers are. Ever since they started Cross realm, merging realms, hearthstone beta etc the realms have had frequent problem almost every single week.
    Well, opinions are great and all, but I clearly remember every Wednesday getting up, and expecting to play, only to see notices saying; "We've extended the Maintenance ... again, sorry!" Overall, in this expansion the servers have been far more stable, that's a fact.

During Vanilla, server problems were so rare that Blizzard used to even reimburse anyone who was subbed for a whole day, if the realms were down more than an hour.
    Wrong, I won't bother to back that up, you're just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    If you actually used your eyes to read the previous posts, you'd see that I already mentioned that Blizzard used to give free days game time during Vanilla. The only reason they could actually afford to do this, without going out of business, was that these events were so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post

Well, opinions are great and all, but I clearly remember every Wednesday getting up, and expecting to play, only to see notices saying; "We've extended the Maintenance ... again, sorry!" Overall, in this expansion the servers have been far more stable, that's a fact.
    I believe I'm correct by saying that for the vast majority of players, we cannot play at 11am in the morning on Wednesdays. Most people have school or work to attend. So for most, it was no issue if the servers didn't come online after Wednesday maintenance until 1am... or even 2am etc.

I assume you're simply unaware of the problems that plagued the EU realms for the last few weeks/months during primetime. The fact that you think the EU realms are more stable now than they were in Vanilla simply shows how naive you really are.

Firstly, I have no idea why you mention "classic & vanilla". These two things are the same thing. I assume you never played either, and so you think they are separate expansions....... I assume you started playing in Wrath or later, judging by your knowledge and attitude.

Can you fathom to guess how many free days we'd have if Blizzard still adopted this policy?
    Damn.. I totally forgot about the free days we used to get.