Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I want even bigger daggers :P Or rather wide daggers not long daggers.

The legendary daggers Golad/Tiriosh are the nicest weapons this game has ever seen imo, want more looking like them!
    I hated the looks of them personally at the final stage and the blade was god awful big.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I hated the looks of them personally at the final stage and the blade was god awful big.
    The problem wasn't the daggers themselves but Landslide. You had these beautiful, well thought-out complex designed Daggers and then.. Landslide..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Bad art design.

Because until recently devs were too stupid to let all rogue specs use fancy swords, and realized we'd transmog right out of them if allowed. So they made bigger daggers so we could pretend we had swords.

But mostly because no one likes looking at their character fighting and realizing that you can't see them do anything cool because rogue visuals are bad, and combined with small weapons makes it even more uninspiring. There's plenty of tiny dagger models too though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    At least it's not ZG's "daggers" (http://www.wowhead.com/item=69621)
    You do realize the original versions were swords, but with all the changes since then, was easier to make them daggers for rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW to real-world size comparisons!
    Dagger - > Shortsword
    Shortsword - > Arming sword
    Arming sword - > Bastard sword
    Bastard sword - > Greatsword
    Greatsword - > Sweet Mother Theresa on the hood of a Mercedes Benz wtf are you doing with that gigantic slab of metal?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    dag·ger
    ˈdagər/
    noun
    noun: dagger; plural noun: daggers

a short knife with a pointed and edged blade, used as a weapon.

And then we have nearly ever dagger for several raid tiers now being as big as 1h swords. Shouldn't daggers be smaller?

inb4 ermgh is this srsly what we're complaining about now!
    Fantasy game... have to at least maintain some level of looking awesome when other people are running around with two-hand weapons that are as tall as they are. My mog would be that much less awesome looking if they were small.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    dag·ger
    ˈdagər/
    noun

And then we have nearly ever dagger for several raid tiers now being as big as 1h swords. Shouldn't daggers be smaller?

inb4 ermgh is this srsly what we're complaining about now!
    These arguments aren't any more accurate than the exaggerated wow models. Daggers can actually be quite large. When plate armor became common, real daggers often came close to 20 inches in length, which is 4 inches shy of two feet long. It makes perfect sense for a rogue to use longer daggers since they are using them in combat against heavily armor enemies with large weapons. Historically, the length of daggers is usually based on the length needed to efficiently penetrate a likely target. If it takes 20 inches to penetrate a man in plate, image what you would use for a Tauren.

Because size matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the size of the pvp daggers. They look good on my little female BE rogue.

Deleted
    The size is pretty much only okay on blood elf females, another problem is that if you do not have transmogrify weapon with some weak enchant glow, all daggers will just be a big glowstick. (gief hide enchants already)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    At least it's not ZG's "daggers" (http://www.wowhead.com/item=69621)
    That's not fair. Those used to be swords! They changed em to daggers in the new ZG but kept the same war blade models.

dag·ger
    ˈdagər/
    noun

They are fine and tbh define short. So as long as there is no exact measures from x to y, anything can be considered short when you compare it to something longer.

Blizzard doesn't have the slightest clue how to size things properly in relation to one another. Just look how big Arthas grew in all the time up to the final confrontation. An upright standing worgen could do... things... with his testicles...
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

I reckon the only reason we're locked into Daggers is because they're the 1.8 sec weapons.

Blizz doesn't expect people to have a brain anymore, so all swords are now the exact same 2.8 sec speed.
    If I recall correctly the Hakkari blades for instance had a fast main hand, and a slow offhand.