Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garrosh 10 heroic difficulty

Interested in some feedback from people who've done this recently. My guild's up to 167 attempts now and we're still yet to see phase 3, often wiping in the jade temple intermission or failing to meet the dps check for phase 2 because of people dying in whirls or such. It's a little disheartening as I feel like we should be well into phase 3 or 4 with this many attempts and I find myself wondering if we can even do it at all.

What kind of experiences have other people had with this fight and the relative difficulties levels of the phases, as well as the numbers of attempts in places?

Deleted
    We had about 250 wipes on the boss (pre 5% nerf). We started out in about 564 average item level but had 568 average when we killed it.
    The only parts of the fights that were difficult to us was beating the soft dps check in the first phase of killing it before the third add set spawns and bringing the boss below 25-20% before the second transition. The first transition also gave us a bit of problems. Once we were up to 568 the first phase started to get easier though.

We found P3 to be very easy and P4 was a complete joke. We should have killed him the second time we got into P4 if a certain player in our raid group did not forget to pop a raid cooldown for the iron star (DEEEERP), but we killed it the fourth time we got to P4 really easy.

The hardest part of the fight is probably the first transition as it is difficult to overgear. Still need to hit those interrupts.
    Of our 250 attempts we probably wasted 100 in P1, 70 in the first transition, about 40 trying to have enough dps before getting to transition 2, 15 or so in the second transition and 15 or so in P3, and 3 wipes in P4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it honestly is not that hard. It's really just a perfection fight. Nothing really changes. You just cannot afford to make any mistakes.

We've had ~140 attempts and haven't seen p3 either. (I'm guessing the number of attempts)

Part of this is comp related since we change people based on availability and we kept having to tweak the second pack of adds and the intermission. I really think this is a fight where you have to learn through repetition and then optimisation in p2. We've had it to 24% or so, not despairing yet. We have 4 people in the 568-571 range so we reset this week for a bit more gear and a change of scenery.

Jade Temple is the hardest part of the fight for most people. If you have enough DPS for that, you easily have enough for the rest of the fight. You just have to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Interested in some feedback from people who've done this recently. My guild's up to 167 attempts now and we're still yet to see phase 3, often wiping in the jade temple intermission or failing to meet the dps check for phase 2 because of people dying in whirls or such. It's a little disheartening as I feel like we should be well into phase 3 or 4 with this many attempts and I find myself wondering if we can even do it at all.

What kind of experiences have other people had with this fight and the relative difficulties levels of the phases, as well as the numbers of attempts in places?
    Rethink your strat. Whirls are the only source of raid wide damage outside of intermissions so all raid cooldowns should be up and all personals should be up. People dying from whirls mean they they or healers are losing their heads during it.

I think we were like 230 pulls in when we finally killed it. The fight will just eventually "click" as long as you have the damage to get past the 1st transition. You'll eventually get to p3, wipe a few times there, get to p4, and the fight will die in the next 10 pulls. Just have to keep at it since the fight is so much about perfection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    Yeah it honestly is not that hard. It's really just a perfection fight. Nothing really changes. You just cannot afford to make any mistakes.
    I think it is a terrible fight to be honest. It was just a silly gear check. A buffed a non-buggy version of Paragons would have made a much more entertaining final fight of the tier.

We were in 460ies when we finally killed it. We heard that we should be aiming at 450 wipes and that was more or less correct for us.
    The hard parts were the p1 add management, interrupts in t1 aka finish before 25 energy, adds in second part of p2 and p3, iron star kiting.
    When we sorted this out we got our kill. We literally had to start from replacing players, classes to scumbaging vengeance. from my personal experience each and every mechanic should take around 80 or so attempts.
    163 into phase 3 is already quite okish if you manage to do transition 1 with 25 energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I think it is a terrible fight to be honest. It was just a silly gear check. A buffed a non-buggy version of Paragons would have made a much more entertaining final fight of the tier.
    Agreed. It's not difficult or engaging... Just requires not messing up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    Agreed. It's not difficult or engaging... Just requires not messing up.
    Its kinda funny thinking about this tier that fights I will remember is spoils, thok, siegecrafter and paragons. Not Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    We were in 460ies when we finally killed it. We heard that we should be aiming at 450 wipes and that was more or less correct for us.
    The hard parts were the p1 add management, interrupts in t1 aka finish before 25 energy, adds in second part of p2 and p3, iron star kiting.
    When we sorted this out we got our kill. We literally had to start from replacing players, classes to scumbaging vengeance. from my personal experience each and every mechanic should take around 80 or so attempts.
    163 into phase 3 is already quite okish if you manage to do transition 1 with 25 energy.
    Took ~400 attempts for my team, but we did it missing 2 raid buffs and no OP dps classes like mage/warlock. So with full raid buffs and 575'ish ilevel, you should easily be making all the dps checks.

BTW, we would be able to help more with more details - like your comp, your strat, who are you putting on what job, etc. Logs would be particularly helpful.

For example, how many people are you sending for engineers? If you are sending 1 dps, or 1dps+1healer (like we did), making the P1 dps check really shouldn't be hard. Making the first intermission check is a lot more painful. We ended up having my mistweaver and the DK tank solo the middle group and help with the back right group (using leg sweep for first cast, personal interrupts for second cast, plus I went blood elf to get arcane torrent in case I got done early and was the first at the back right group).

Using a healer effectively (either a monk or a disc priest), you can get them to burst almost as much dps as a regular DPS (sometimes more, particularly during progression). Our priest positioned himself for Halo, and I saved my tiger for that phase. I remember doing as much as 5-6 mil damage on certain attempts to the embodied doubts (though nowadays it is more like 2.5-3mil).

So everything really depends on your raid comp; even though it will take a lot of wipes, but with the correct configuration of players, you should be hitting phase 3 fairly often by now, particularly with the nerf and the current ilevels.

the fight is a 10+ minute check to see if people are awake and able to handle simple tasks, that being said the jade spirit transition will be where a lot of wipes come from so make sure nobody fucks up interrupts and save dmg for it if you're lacking there. if you have any boomkins they need to save 3 minute cd's and spec into treants for this fight or they're doing it wrong. some other classes might want to save cd's as well and if you have a resto druid have them pop hotw and help dps in there. it's not hard if everyone is doing their job.

Deleted
    We're up to 435 now, made it to p4 once tonight in a 3 hour raid (twice the night before that). Tis all rather disappointing

10+ Year Old Account
    We're up to 435 now, made it to p4 once tonight in a 3 hour raid (twice the night before that). Tis all rather disappointing
    Might want to start looking really depth into logs :/. Is it a healer problem? A placement problem? At this point you should be final phasing constantly except for random hiccups. Heck, the only thing you should really be dying to at this point is the Iron Star hitting Garrosh at the right time last phase.

Keep your heads up you'll get it it'll click into place. Any new updated information for us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accusatory View Post
    Might want to start looking really depth into logs :/. Is it a healer problem? A placement problem? At this point you should be final phasing constantly except for random hiccups. Heck, the only thing you should really be dying to at this point is the Iron Star hitting Garrosh at the right time last phase.

Keep your heads up you'll get it it'll click into place. Any new updated information for us?
    It's one of those times where random hiccups are far too frequent, there's no tactical problem at this point there's just people messing up a lot. Not using cds on whirl, not being in the right place for desecrates, missing the p3 dps check, getting adds empowered. We even have one of our warlocks using the passive UR glyph and soul link which is blowing my mind given how cd dependant this fight is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of those times where random hiccups are far too frequent, there's no tactical problem at this point there's just people messing up a lot. Not using cds on whirl, not being in the right place for desecrates, missing the p3 dps check, getting adds empowered. We even have one of our warlocks using the passive UR glyph and soul link which is blowing my mind given how cd dependant this fight is.
    Yeah everyone has to be accountable for that fight to work. It's not hard mechanically, it just requires 0 screw ups over the course of ten minutes. Honestly, I'd hammer that into their heads. Don't push P3 if there's adds still up or if an MC is out. Blood lust and burn. We killed the first set of adds in our ten man and then didn't get the second set; when we have a DPS down or what not we will kite the second set if there is another set. That's it. The last phase is easy if people get to where they should be.

I feel bad for you though. How many times have you practiced Stormwind Harbor? The annoying part about that is you get there then have to practice and wipe on it -_-.

Fight is very consistent and repeatable. The problem is wiping over and over on this long fight until EVERYONE in teh raid understands their roles in 10m. Especially for the first transition.

At this point in the game, you should be doing enough damage to skip ToES as a 10m and also only get one (two is fine) empowered whirling before he heals and one after. On our first kill I think we had 4 empowered whirlings and we had to do ToES. Doing the fight like that, though, really made it satiffying to kill. One thing I can't stress enough is to make sure everyone knows exactly what they need to do in P4. P4 is comparatively easy and only has one competency check with the iron start crashing into Garrosh. With the increased clump check in 10m it should be a lot easier to only spawn 1 iron star too. We killed Garrosh on our 4th time in P4.

The biggest hurdles of the fight for a 10m are Jade Serpent transition and being able to kill the empowered whirling adds without empowering more than one. We did this fight with 3 melee for our first kill (yeah great comp right) so after getting jade serpent down (would consistently finish with 21 or less energy) not empowering the adds was the only hard part of the fight left.

Deleted
    We've only been in the stormwind phase 4 times as of yet. We started off afking terrace and doing 2 +1 emp whirls, now with the ilvl increase we get to 10% before terrace and only have to do one whirl, somehow people still manage to screw it up with 2 devos, a demo banner and a tranq all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Potsu View Post
    The biggest hurdles of the fight for a 10m are Jade Serpent transition and being able to kill the empowered whirling adds without empowering more than one. We did this fight with 3 melee for our first kill (yeah great comp right) so after getting jade serpent down (would consistently finish with 21 or less energy) not empowering the adds was the only hard part of the fight left.
    Adds are easy with melee because they all have taunt and aren't retarded like ranged.