15+ Year Old Account

Skirmishes in WOD

Skirmishes are being added back into the game. You will be able to solo queue into skirmishes and fight with random people, if you are a healer is should not pair you up with another healer and etc(like lfg). But the main thing that they have changed about Skirmishes is that it will give you an incentive, if you win you might get some honor or maybe a piece of gear.

But the great thing about this is:
    1. It gives people an alternative to battlegrounds.
    2. It can help people prepare and learn how to arena. Battlegrounds already have this but this can open up people to arena.

Are you happy about what they are doing with skirmishes? What would you like for them to do different?

Update: There will be not 5s skirmishes no definite answer on multiple queuing right now.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-04-24 at 01:16 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Great idea. I only do low-ranking arenas via oQueue, this is pretty much the same - only with rewards.
    If you can get a pure DPS group, then the queue times will be fine. If they insist on adding a healer to 3's, Hail long queue times!

Deleted
    I dont like the idea of skirmishes giving rewards. Rewards are for ranked and we dont get there any unless glad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Great idea. I only do low-ranking arenas via oQueue, this is pretty much the same - only with rewards.
    If you can get a pure DPS group, then the queue times will be fine. If they insist on adding a healer to 3's, Hail long queue times!
    I really hope they add the option for a healer in 3's because it's 99% of the time the group composition for an arena match anyway.

This expansion has really amazed me already when it comes to all of the PvP changes that are planned. We do finally have an arena version of battlegrounds, not to mention both of them will have a reward system similar to the dungeon finder tool.

What I'm most excited about is that we won't have to grind for gear to be able to participate, as it will be offered to us like it is on tournament realms. Gearing in PvP can be quite demoralizing - especially with the long queue times as a Horde player - it can take up to an hour to get ~500 points which is barely a third of what most gear pieces require and on top of that we have to buy ~16 pieces. It can be quite ridiculous; especially when trying to gear alts. Alliance are able to do it in almost half the time, or (roughly) 20 minutes less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I dont like the idea of skirmishes giving rewards. Rewards are for ranked and we dont get there any unless glad.
    I think it's good, being able to receive some gold (finally) while engaging in PvP will be amazing and will change it up a bit from the only reward in arena being conquest points. We're finally getting somewhere!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    im going to spam these until my eyes bleed

only bad thing i can see about this is that it would be very easy to grief other people, queue with no gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    who is we?

RNG is RNG. people randomly get gear from celestials.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Just curious how blizzard wants to prevent bots from q'ing 24/7 and then afk'ing in arena to get the honor if your buddy tries to 1v2 and or people qing with ultra low gear.

(i'm guessing you get some honor when you lose too, like in normal BGS)

Deleted
    who is we?
    Higher ranked pvpers, duh

I think its pretty cool, but I'm wondering how they plan to keep people from only doing skirmishes and completely abandoning battlegrounds as a way of gearing up.. Skirmishes seem like they would be MUCH faster. Faster queue times, faster games, random bag with a chance at piece of gear inside. How are they gonna keep people doing battlegrounds? Queses are already 15min+ plus ever game for horde >.>
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think its pretty cool, but I'm wondering how they plan to keep people from only doing skirmishes and completely abandoning battlegrounds as a way of gearing up.. Skirmishes seem like they would be MUCH faster. Faster queue times, faster games, random bag with a chance at piece of gear inside. How are they gonna keep people doing battlegrounds? Queses are already 15min+ plus ever game for horde >.>
    Maybe something similar with conquest. Though blizzard has shown that we might have a complete different system.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Just curious how blizzard wants to prevent bots from q'ing 24/7 and then afk'ing in arena to get the honor if your buddy tries to 1v2 and or people qing with ultra low gear.

(i'm guessing you get some honor when you lose too, like in normal BGS)
    This...

The idea is great. I enjoy pvp but I am not super serious about it. Random BG's have long queue times and are hit and miss. Doing arena for fun and points works out but the rating part gives it a slightly more serious feel.

From the sounds of it it skirmishes will be the Randoms of arena. I hope they have an MMR though to hiddenly match teams of similar skill and only award whatever currency for wins. The amount of time it takes to do a random BG is crazy long compared to how fast you can do some arena's now.

People gear up through spamming heroic dungeons nowadays and conquest is piss easy to cap. Unless they throw out extra conquest gear I don't see problem with gearing. More options = GOOD

Furthermore, they said random BGs will have satchel thingy for winning too, which would balance it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic