Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hearthstone legendaries, too overpowered

I don't mind legendaries, to some extent, but I've faced people with 3 legendaries in one deck. It's retarded really. There should be a rule to have only one in a deck as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't have any legendaries, and I don't plan on buying a gazillion decks in the hope of getting one. It's really ruining the fun I'm having with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So because you don't have good cards you don't want anybody else to be able to use their good cards? what's next, nobody can use anything but the basic deck with no modifications because you don't think its fair they have commons and rares you don't?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    So because you don't have good cards you don't want anybody else to be able to use their good cards? what's next, nobody can use anything but the basic deck with no modifications because you don't think its fair they have commons and rares you don't?
    they are legendaries for a reason and yes i believe they should be restricted to one per deck, just how they restrict to 30 cards and how they restrict to two of only the same card. he is right that they are pretty powerful and should be confined to one per deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking him into context helps maintaining an intelligent discussion.

The legendaries ARE overpowered.
    They could be as good as epic but opening up additional combos through "unique" effects.
    Instead they're just more powerful - so much so that alot of decks run more than 5 of them.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I don't mind one legendary per deck. But more than one is overpowered. Some legendaries are so overpowered, having one of them is too much almost.
    I'm not sure but I don't think you can get past rank 10 without legendaries, I could be wrong of course. They feel rather mandatory if you want to get higher up.

And your question actually is a good suggestion, lets have everyone have the same options/possibilities cards wise. But then Blizz wouldn't sell any decks.
    Or make the legendaries less overpowered.

I'll stand by my word: If you can only have one in your deck, there should only be able to be one on the field. No copies or duplicates. Are there legendaries that need to be toned down a bit? Yes.

It does get a bit annoying have to deal with antonidas, Rag and Yesara one right after another. Oh and a pagle mixed in there too behind a mirror image taunt wall.

I've faced this same exact mage deck like 10 times in the last 3-4 days. I'm probably about 65% against it but it's still pretty damn annoying and usually comes down to being able to deal with them all in 1 turn.

Also drawing Earth shock 1 turn after going like 3 for 1 to kill a Tirion is painful. I don't really want to see a limit on legendaries, but some of the "Every control deck needs this card to be successful" I think could use a bit of re-balancing.

There are many decks that function well at high levels with zero or one legendary. All your doing is buffing rush decks.

It's a CCG, obtaining good cards is part of it. They either worked/payed a lot more than you have so they get to have more cards.
    Is this where the header goes?

I really don't see how legendaries are op, you just have to play around them just like aoe removal or certain combos that do not have legendaries involved. Its been proven that you do not need legionaries to be successful in hearthstone sure some may be a good advantage in certain decks but if we're just removeing any type of advantage someone may have over another we're left with a pretty bland game.

10+ Year Old Account
    my mate has a deck that's got like half ofthe legendaries in it. so funny watching him play it.

Legendaries are overpowered, yes. But generally you won't see a higher % of legendaries in a competitive deck than the % of cards in the entire game that are legendaries. Does that make sense? You should expect a good deck to have a couple legendaries, but if you tried to build a deck with no commons or even rares, you'd not win much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    It does get a bit annoying have to deal with antonidas, Rag and Yesara one right after another. Oh and a pagle mixed in there too behind a mirror image taunt wall.

I've faced this same exact mage deck like 10 times in the last 3-4 days. I'm probably about 65% against it but it's still pretty damn annoying and usually comes down to being able to deal with them all in 1 turn.

Also drawing Earth shock 1 turn after going like 3 for 1 to kill a Tirion is painful. I don't really want to see a limit on legendaries, but some of the "Every control deck needs this card to be successful" I think could use a bit of re-balancing.
    Don't know why you mentioned pagle when he was nerfed so bad that no decent player uses him anymore >.> also if trump can get to legendary rank with shaman, mage, AND warlock with 0 legendaries, and even only 1 or 2 epics, then no... not all control decks need legendaries.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2014-04-24 at 05:03 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Play aggressive and don't waste your control/removal cards. Yes they are powerful but mostly for endgame. If you see the opponent playing with control, then expect some big cards to come in after 8+ mana.

Worse comes to worse, you've hit your ranked wall and need to fine tune your deck and strategy. If ur starting off ranked with 0 legs, like me, then be happy seeing someone else with legionaries at ur ranked level.

This is one of those topics like "WoW is dead" where you just keep on seeing over and over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be opposed to a 2 per deck restriction similarly to all the other cards. But I don't care either way.

*coming from someone with King Krush, The Beadt, and King Mukla in his build.*
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Not all that great if it gets shut down quick, but jesus if you hit turn 8 and aren't at <10 hp...

Some legendaries aren't situational enough, and very strong in almost every circumstance(Rag, Ysera etc), but for the most part they're fine. And no, legendaries aren't required to hit high ranks. Trump has gotten Legend rank with multiple classes just using the basic cards.
    But really, the whole point of CCGs is getting good cards and building good decks, so of course there are some cards that are stronger than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    [video=youtube;yyJ-v5fSH5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJ-v5fSH5I&list=PLTFohR7GUZYehcqEkeANPi01uh8B4fQpi&index=38[video]

Not all that great if it gets shut down quick, but jesus if you hit turn 8 and aren't at <10 hp...
    That deck is one big gimmick, and that's the entire point. It's also pretty decent proof that legendaries don't win games on their own.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-04-24 at 07:21 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

yeah bloodmage thalnos always fucks me up so bad QQ

uhm... yeah.

you can beat a legendary deck with a normal, well refined deck, at any time of the day.
    while your opponent will only be able to play that one 10 or so manacost card, you will be able to play multiple lower cost cards in the same turn, wich is imo a lot more beneficial. ofc if you wasted all your removel on small fry before that, then its your own fault and you deserve to lose.

its a strategygame, not a powergame.

The legendaries are not that overpowered, several basic and common cards are better or on par with the majority of them
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    I don't mind legendaries, to some extent, but I've faced people with 3 legendaries in one deck. It's retarded really. There should be a rule to have only one in a deck as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't have any legendaries, and I don't plan on buying a gazillion decks in the hope of getting one. It's really ruining the fun I'm having with the game.
    You can build very powerful decks without the need for legendaries or at the very least only need 1-2 of them, which is not hard to craft at all if you want to focus on a certain class on build. Most of the legendaries are not even that good to begin with.

Here is a deck that I am currently trying to reach legendary rank with it has 0 legendaries, 0 epics and 6 rares.

Hunter

2 Hunters Mark
    2 Flares
    2 Tracking
    2 Stonetusk Boar
    2 Timber Wolf
    1 Dire Wolf Alpha
    1 River Crocolisk
    1 Ironbeak Owl
    2 Scavenging Hyena
    2 Starving Buzzard
    2 Animal Companion
    1 Deadly Shot
    2 Kill Command
    2 Houndmaster
    2 Stampeding Kodo
    2 Savannah Highmane

This deck won one of the biggest Hearthstone tournaments ever and is doing pretty well in ranked play but has a very high skill ceiling so it requires much knowledge of when to combo out with unleash + buzzard. Some versions run leeroy, yes a legendary but would likely have a different configuration because this version relies on controlling the board and not just rushing down the opponent.

In the end you will be a bit restricted on the decks you can build without access to alexstraza, ysera or rag but you should be able to build competitive decks that don't just fold to these cards if you know how to construct your deck properly and also most important of all be critical on your play and find out what you need to improve on.