Poll: Should Eyes of the Beast be re-implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Eyes of the Beast

Does anyone remember the Hunter ability Eyes of the Beast? Do you think they should re-implement this fun ability?
    Lock rocks, made to order.

No.

/10chars
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    not without giving it purpose. they want to reduce button bloat. EotB just didnt really have any meaningful use. fun is ok, but at some point it should also have actual use. otherwise, meh, i can do without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not without giving it purpose. they want to reduce button bloat. EotB just didnt really have any meaningful use. fun is ok, but at some point it should also have actual use. otherwise, meh, i can do without it.
    Explain why warlocks still have Eye of Kilrogg, then.

Removing fun spells like eyes of the beast is not the way to reduce button bloat. You have to reduce the number of abilities that have to be keybound and frequently used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it did have SOME use, I used to use it with my cats and have them prowl when using it, I would manually position them in a spot to prepare them for a boss or controlled pull. Or better yet, manually force them to jump down to me from a ledge when skipping patrol groups. Its uses were limited, but it did have use for hunters who knew that pets had horrible pathing.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    No.

/10chars
    so edgee
    lel +1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Actually, it did have SOME use, I used to use it with my cats and have them prowl when using it, I would manually position them in a spot to prepare them for a boss or controlled pull. Or better yet, manually force them to jump down to me from a ledge when skipping patrol groups. Its uses were limited, but it did have use for hunters who knew that pets had horrible pathing.
    You can now tell your pet where to go, fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    You can now tell your pet where to go, fyi
    Take note of the mention of "horrible pathing". The go-to command is fine when you've got a clear path in a straight line, but ledges, tight corners etc. That's still a problem.

Yes, for sure. Make it a glyph or something and give us some hunter quest lines that make it useful and maybe they reward a cool looking bow model or something. (Sorry kind of turned that into a wish-list)

- - - Updated - - -

It would be soooooo fun to hop around as my pet between boss pulls
    "By the water side I will rest my bones."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    ehh, dismiss and resummon. problem solved. i get it.. its fun for goofing off. ill be honest, i dont know if the ability will ever come back. if its up to a vote? ill vote no thanks. if they just brought it back without asking? fine, it can grow dust in my spellbook. i just want it to have purpose, if they want my feedback on the ability. if they dont wanna make us some quests where completion = use of the spell. then im fine without it ever coming back.

and as for Warlocks and the Eye spell, id lobby for it to be removed too, except last time i heard, you could actually place that teleport thing down while using eye, so it kinda has a purpose.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always liked using it as kind of a Hunter's Eye of Kilrogg, which worked well for cats, and also could work well for Spirit Beasts.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

They said they regret removing it, they got rid of it to prune clutter but then decided that it's not clutter if it's a cosmetic thing you don't keybind in the first place.

But unfortunately they removed the legacy code that ran it so they can't just flick a switch/make a glyph to put it back in. So it's on their mile-long to do list. Hopefully will get done eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

and as for Warlocks and the Eye spell, id lobby for it to be removed too, except last time i heard, you could actually place that teleport thing down while using eye, so it kinda has a purpose.
    You'd seriously lobby for the removal of a fun but non-essential ability just because you don't use it?

This is a game, y'know. Not everything has to be tied to raids and PvP.

I'm torn. All for removing buttons for ability bloat. EotB, however, was not part of the bloat. It was just fun. I think it should be back in as a minor glyph. Instead of the go-to-spot command, you will possess your pet (the button's function changes). Alas, no bloat, and we get a fun ability back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    You'd seriously lobby for the removal of a fun but non-essential ability just because you don't use it?

This is a game, y'know. Not everything has to be tied to raids and PvP.
    given that this expansion is about ability bloat, yah. or at least let those "fun" abilities also serve some purpose at some point as well. fun stuff is fine, but i do wish there was some purpose in addition to the fun. let there be opportunities to actually use the spell to accomplish a task. be it in a raid or with in some solo content/questing.

you're right everything doesnt need to be tied to those two facets of the game, but it would be nice if they had an opportunity to be useful as well.

It would make a good minor glyph imo (along with distracting shot :P ), but from what I remember, they actually came out and said that the core coding behind EotB was accidentally deleted (something along those lines) which makes it hard for them to reimplement, and I think they might have mentioned regretting removing it.

Deleted
    There's no real use for it so I'm going to say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you want 'eyes of the beast', or do you want a raid tier?

I want eyes =(. Used to be so much fun walking around as a pet that looked like the local mobs, the other faction would tag you thinking you do just be another mob. Suddenly they are flagged for PVP and ran down. Good times.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

How was this ability fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    EotB was never something you keybound or put on your action bars. It can't be called bloat unless you have a dedicated slot for it on your bars. Even many of those who used it for extreme soloing used it from the spellbook.

Here's one old example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZZdKla5kc
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2014-04-24 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sathena View Post
    do you want 'eyes of the beast', or do you want a raid tier?
    Hey now, it's one raid tier per eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.