Thread: Trinket Choices

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trinket Choices

Mainly play as SV and I just got Warforged Ticking Ebon Detonator (Normal). I currently have Assurance of Consequence (Normal) and Haromm's Talisman (Flex).

I know AoC+TED is BiS for BM and Aoc+Haro is BiS for SV. But is Flex Haro still better than Warforged Normal TED for SV?

Off the top of my head I would say a warforged TED is better just due to the possible agility proc. I might be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure flex haromm's will still be better. It's that good for survival. But simcraft is your friend.

WF TED

/10char
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    WF TED

/10char
    Not really - in any case it's not an answer that can be one-lined.

Flex Haromm's, TED is complete dogshite for SV and the agility proc being bigger doesn't really make up for it, not to mention that TED requires much more thought to play around optimally while Haromm's is just fire-forget.

Trinket results across all difficulties: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrdt90d5wg...rinketsSoO.rar

WF TED wins by a little bit (0.25%), so I guess it's OP's choice what he "prefers" to play with.

Do also keep in mind, though, that most SV hunters play ToTH, and that sim is with Fervor. ToTH increases Haromm's value significantly.

Sims conducted with my semi-shitty BM hunter gear and near-BiS SV for those - not that it really matters for the results.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-04-24 at 10:49 AM.

I play as SV and prefer to use Fervor. I usually run my character through Femaledwarf but it's a mix bag when it comes to trinkets. Right now it shows W-TED is a gain over Flex-Haromm.

Didn't realize TED was that bad and Haromm is that good even the Flex ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    I play as SV and prefer to use Fervor. I usually run my character through Femaledwarf but it's a mix bag when it comes to trinkets. Right now it shows W-TED is a gain over Flex-Haromm.

Didn't realize TED was that bad and Haromm is that good even the Flex ilvl.
    No real reason to go FemaleDwarf over SimCraft for trinket comparisons (FD isn't terrible at trinket comparisons but SimCraft is still better), unless you're in a hurry. I find that opening simcraft and setting things up as I want them to takes less time than messing with FemaleDwarf and stuff, though - and I really value the customizability and accuracy of SimCraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    id just stick with haromms, if it was a heroic ted though id switch

I would just go BM <3 that WF TED i will never get till WoD hits :/

10+ Year Old Account
    A LFR Haromms is better than a normal WF TED for Surv hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    A LFR Haromms is better than a normal WF TED for Surv hunters.
    No.. ;/

I even bothered simming it for you up above - and that's even favoring TED because the sim is using Fervor. LFR Haromm's is like 9k DPS behind WF TED.

Yeah, I think I will use WF TED and hold on to Flex Haromm for some fights. Hopefully I can get Normal Haromm one day ;S I have horrible luck with trinkets. I honestly only got both Normal AoC and WF TED this week.

Yeah, I think I will use WF TED and hold on to Flex Haromm for some fights. Hopefully I can get Normal Haromm one day ;S I have horrible luck with trinkets. I honestly only got both Normal AoC and WF TED this week.
    Flex Haromm isn't stronger for any fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    How could you let someone pass you on pro raiders!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    How could you let someone pass you on pro raiders!?
    The guy used a Stampede exploit like Megabloks so he's joined the "doesn't count" group. I held #1 non-bullshit (AoE whoring or exploiting counts as bullshit I'd say) for a month or two, I'm satisfied.

Oh, and he got 44% uptime, he's the Devai of BM.

This Stampede damage looks weird to me tho:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=1

It's not far from Megabloks' exploited parse: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=9 in terms of Stampede damage.

So don't worry, if I beat Pottm I'm still king (even though he AoE-whores hard, but I need at least one goal. :s)

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy used a Stampede exploit like Megabloks so he's joined the "doesn't count" group. I held #1 non-bullshit (AoE whoring or exploiting counts as bullshit I'd say) for a month or two, I'm satisfied.

It's not far from Megabloks' exploited parse: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=9 in terms of Stampede damage.

So don't worry, if I beat Pottm I'm still king (even though he AoE-whores hard, but I need at least one goal. :s)
    Dang cheaters it's almost as bad as all the bugged survival parses or cheese lords. I'm content with my juggernaut parse. Also nice myspace page
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-04-25 at 07:50 PM.

Another one? I mean, I thought they nerfed the previous tol'vir shit that was going on a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Another one? I mean, I thought they nerfed the previous tol'vir shit that was going on a couple months ago.
    There are tons of buffs/debuffs you can have on Stampede pets indefinitely, I know of a way to get about 190% attack speed on Stampede pets + 30% crit chance + 30% crit damage + 20% damage done. You can only ideally have one or two of those up at the same time though.

So its safe to just stick with WF TED than? Getting mix messages here from here and my post on the official hunters forums. Ranging from WF TED is complete dogshit and should be deleted over Flex Haromm. To WF is better for me over Flex Haromm currently. ;s

So its safe to just stick with WF TED than? Getting mix messages here from here and my post on the official hunters forums. Ranging from WF TED is complete dogshit and should be deleted over Flex Haromm. To WF is better for me over Flex Haromm currently. ;s
    Yeah, it is.

I posted actual data/simulations of it a few posts up, correcting my initial statement - the truth is that they're basically within margin of error (WF TED is "theoretically" like 300 DPS stronger which is a not-so-amazing 0.06% DPS increase.

WF TED has more potential in that you can snapshot a strong Black Arrow with good play, but few people want to bother with that, so when the difference is under 0.1% I usually recommend the easier option which is Haromm's in this case.

You won't see a difference going with either, go with what you think looks best in your character pane.

The reason I corrected Alvarie was because he said that LFR Haromm's > NWF TED which is just plain wrong.

official hunters forums
    Don't post there ever.