Hm 10 man Seigecrafter strat help

Hello all,

Guild I'm in just started with heroic seigecrafter last night with about an hour of pulls. Question I have is what mechanics are best to deal with now, I see a lot from earlier kills just curious if doing something different now will be better. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    My guess is that the "mine-tactic" (I.e. killing turrets on the assembly line and mines on the platform) would be the easiest tactic to deal with as it places quite low personal responsibility on raid members and is very 'rinse repeat-ish' (it's boring as hell though).

Deleted
    In my guild it is pretty straightforward, we send only one person on the first belt (a hunter) and then we have two groups of two people alternating on the belts (one group with lock and hunt, the other with ele sham and fire mage). We always kill the mines on the belt, except the third belt on which we kill the laser.

But I believe you should kill the weapon that gives you the most trouble (it was the mines for us so we decided to always kill them, but this means a lot of overcharged lasers/electromagnets).

Ya we were doing mines on platform last night
    Here's our group: question is who to send on belts
    (We did rogues and ww)

Tanks:Brew/Warr/Druid

Range:Lock/Lock/Mage/Boomkin/SPriest/Hunter(not an option)

Melee:Rogue/Rogue/Windwalker

Healsisc/Resto Druid

That's the group we can make.

Last night we had all melee going up but had no up time on boss due to him being tanked where mines come out. Should we keep this group and what about boss tank spot. Thanks again.

Deleted
    Dodge like dodgeball
    Last edited by mmoc045234440f; 2014-04-24 at 04:28 PM. Reason: accident

Kill missles, deal with mines. Utilize slows/stuns/roots/knockbacks and cleaves to make the mines a non issue. All it will be is a DPS loss on the boss. This way you can pretty much ALWAYS have predetermined locations for your raid to stand and never have to worry about missles. The only thing that can wipe you with this strat is bad laser/shredder placement, or belt/tank screwups.

We did about 15 tries or so with the kill mines, deal with missles strat but we've done vastly better just dealing with mines.

We haven't killed it yet but we've gotten him down to 30% by the 5th weapon. Probably will get him next week.

We'll be starting this guy next week so I'll outline the strategy we're going with. As we don't have any melee, our group is perfectly suited for the "kill missiles on belt" start. However, throughout my research I discovered that people were unnecessarily making the fight harder by insisting to a strict "kill missiles only" strategy, thereby having to deal with overcharged magnet with overcharged laser still on the ground, arguably the most difficult part of the fight. Instead, I propose killing missiles at all times EXCEPT on the 3rd and 7th belts, where we will be killing Magnet and dealing with empowered missiles on the platform.

Belt 1: Kill Missiles | Empowered Mines | Regular Laser
    Belt 2: Kill Missiles | Empowered Laser | Regular Mines
    Belt 3: Kill Magnet | Empowered Missiles | Regular Laser

This is the some-what unconventional part of our strategy, as most people allow the magnet to go through. I don't really understand the need for this other than making it easy for the belt team to brainlessly only attack missiles whenever they appear on the belt. Empowered Laser lasts a good amount of time into the next phase, and I feel that dealing with Empowered Laser on the ground from the previous wave while the Empowered Magnet is pulling you back and forth will cause numerous unnecessary wipes.

Instead, kill the magnet and deal with Empowered Missiles and Regular Laser. With 6 RDPS, I would think the missiles will die before a 2nd wave of spikes goes out. Doing it this way, the ranged stack does not even need to move, other than the person getting targeted by Regular Laser. I see this being much easier than dealing with Empowered Magnet simply for the sake of always killing missiles on belt.

Belt 4: Kill Missiles | Empowered Mines | Regular Laser
    Belt 5: Kill Missiles | Empowered Magnet | Regular Mines
    Belt 6: Kill Mines | Empowered Mines | Regular Laser
    Belt 7: Kill Mines | Empowered Missiles | Regular Laser

Once again, we let missiles go through here to ensure that laser does not get overcharged on the next wave, as that would mean having to deal with Empowered Laser + Empowered Magnet after Belt 8.

Belt 8: Kill Missiles | Empowered Magnet | Regular Mines
    Belt 9: Kill Laser | Empowered Mines | Regular Laser

Criticism/suggestions regarding the order are welcome! One thing I have to ask for people that have killed this fight, around which belt does the boss typically die on the first kill? I realize there's 13 belts total, but how necessary is it to plan beyond 9 belts with a typical 2/2/6 split.
    Last edited by Nebs; 2014-04-24 at 08:55 PM.