Page 1 of 2
LastLast

straight knees please on human & elven male standing postures

especially the human and night elf male, i never got while standing, there knees were bent, it makes them look like slackers.

It's been said time and time again, the new models will not be different, just better looking. They will not change posture or anything.

It's actually pretty bad to stand with your legs completely straight. They tire more quickly straight than if they're bent.

Please fix belf male chest armor textures. They're always so distorted because the way the chest is all puffed out.

:<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's been said time and time again, the new models will not be different, just better looking. They will not change posture or anything.
    This.

Blizzard said, multiple times and before they even started showing the models, that the designs/proportions/posture would be the same - just with much higher fidelity. That is exactly what their goal was, and exactly what they're delivering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    It's actually pretty bad to stand with your legs completely straight. They tire more quickly straight than if they're bent.
    I never stand with my legs completely straight, makes my knees hurt after a while.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Probably not, they want to keep the overall look, eg the silhouette, mostly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

They're fine. The ones that are really bad are male draenei, tauren, and worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They're fine. The ones that are really bad are male draenei, tauren, and worgen.
    ibut those are meant to be bent, they're half animals, or transhumans, animals like that have bent legs, so i don't expect them to change

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    especially the human and night elf male, i never got while standing, there knees were bent, it makes them look like slackers.
    Maybe you're unfamiliar with sports, outdoor activities, the human body, or any sort of martial art, but bending your knees is.. what do you call it... the shit. If you're locking your legs straight, say goodbye to your balance, centre of gravity and your life.

ibut those are meant to be bent, they're half animals, or transhumans, animals like that have bent legs, so i don't expect them to change
    No, they really shouldn't. When animals with those type of legs stand up straight their legs are straight. They should look more like female draenei legs.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    what's that got to do with anything? so your blood elf male, dwarf male and gnome male have bad knees because they stand up straight?

no one stands like that, if you're waiting on attention or you enter and stand for a little while you straighten up your knees, you sit down when you want the pressure off your knees, and it looks awful.

like when was anything in wow meant to be physiologically realistic? it's appearance. I have also felt they should add relax/idle animations, like leaning against a wall, or tree, or sitting down after a while. you could even have a straight knee stnace and a bent knee stance, then sitting so the character moves from one stage to the other.

and blizzard say time and time again, but they're changing the models because YOU want them changed, not because they want them changed, they'd rather have not, but it was so important to you, they went through the effort, you need to inform them of what ou want so you get the most out of it.

even if they say no 10 times, keep asking, the stnading posture is awful, and could look so much better, and they should add new animations. so you want to retian the old look so badly , the one people wanted changes from? why not add new ones to mitigate the ffect of someo fhte really bad ones.. wann keep the bended knee posture? why not add a straightened knee stand that can relax into the bent one after a fixed time.

what's that got to do with anything? so your blood elf male, dwarf male and gnome male have bad knees because they stand up straight?

no one stands like that, if you're waiting on attention or you enter and stand for a little while you straighten up your knees, you sit down when you want the pressure off your knees, and it looks awful.

like when was anything in wow meant to be physiologically realistic? it's appearance. I have also felt they should add relax/idle animations, like leaning against a wall, or tree, or sitting down after a while. you could even have a straight knee stnace and a bent knee stance, then sitting so the character moves from one stage to the other.

and blizzard say time and time again, but they're changing the models because YOU want them changed, not because they want them changed, they'd rather have not, but it was so important to you, they went through the effort, you need to inform them of what ou want so you get the most out of it.

even if they say no 10 times, keep asking, the stnading posture is awful, and could look so much better, and they should add new animations. so you want to retian the old look so badly , the one people wanted changes from? why not add new ones to mitigate the ffect of someo fhte really bad ones.. wann keep the bended knee posture? why not add a straightened knee stand that can relax into the bent one after a fixed time.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying about new animations, but your aesthetics are just that, your own. Bending your knees is part of maintaining a combat stance. I'm not getting into the other races, and why blizz did what they did, I'm just trying to inform you of some useful information that could actually benefit you in real life.

Standing straight legged also puts unnecessary weight on your joints, causing you to more likely develop knee problems later in life. Bending your knees slightly also helps to develop your quads and supports your lower back.
    Last edited by Rehabveteran; 2014-04-22 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizzard said, multiple times and before they even started showing the models, that the designs/proportions/posture would be the same - just with much higher fidelity. That is exactly what their goal was, and exactly what they're delivering.
    They've kept the essentially the same animations but as far as the way the models look only Dwarf male and Draenei female are "the same but in higher fidelity." Everything else so far has been a slight re-imagining.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Rehabveteran View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying about new animations, but your aesthetics are just that, your own. Bending your knees is part of maintaining a combat stance. I'm not getting into the other races, and why blizz did what they did, I'm just trying to inform you of some useful information that could actually benefit you in real life.

Standing straight legged also puts unnecessary weight on your joints, causing you to more likely develop knee problems later in life. Bending your knees slightly also helps to develop your quads and supports your lower back.
    and that is what it is about, aethetics, the commnet is only made because standing like that with two feet together and bent knees looks weird.

a combat ready stance does have bent knees, but the feet are also slightly a part for greater balance. it looks more goofy - and for thsoe who don't realise, yes this is subjective, and this is opinion, . I like how the blood elf and dwarfs i think stand, with straight knees, for the lanky night elf, it may be an accurate idle pose, no one is denying that, but it doesn't look as sharp and commanding as the other ones pose.

and they don't aim for super realistic, or we sure won't have our male toons with those sort of bodies, let alone styles.

and I made this topic after i made the commnet about postures in the night elf thrad, because I figured correctly, it should have a separate discussion thread. Next time why not check time stamps posted to figure out the pattern, before getting all nerd rage over an issue because someone doesn't agree with you. or you see it mentioned in more than one topic. I post things relevant to what's been discussed, as posting = giving opinion unless otherwise stated, and this is what forums and posting are meant to let you do, you shouldn't be suprirsed that people do post their opinion on something where relvant and your facts won't necessarily change what they like or don't like them. No point getting angry over seeing someone share their opinion in more than one place, especially if they actually create a new topic specifically to open a discussion on a point of view they had expressed previously in another topic.

"There's no need to get angry." - Gandalf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaq View Post
    ^ this
    yeah, but we know they've said many things time and time again , and then look what eventually happened? I remember they kept saying time and time again they weren't going to do re-do the models, tiem and time again, then it became, it's something we'd like to do if we had time, but not in the forseeable future, - and taht was the tone till mid mists of panderia, and then look what happened.

you like what you like, some may like the bend knee option, i'm not saying it's nice on Tauren/Worgen/Dranei - but I'm less bothered about it, or weirded out about it than i am on the human and elf males. Notice how the females stand up striaght as well. all of them do, except maybe undead females and the hooved ones. would be nice if human and night elf males joined the blood elf, goblin, dwarf and gnome males with a knees straight stand posture, I would like that. and i think it would look better for them. even if it's unrealistic to some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This.

Is that so? Perhaps you should take a closer look at the new models. Yes, they have the same feeling but some of the posture has definitely changed. Look at the new orc female model, it is already entirely animated and it looks like this:

You're not telling me posture and silhouette has not changed. I like it though, I always hated how they exaggerated the arched back and the arms dangling behind her back. I'm quite sure they'll do the same for night elf females. And in this picture you can also see that the knees are slightly less bent, might aswel happen to the human and night elf males.

Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post
    Is that so? Perhaps you should take a closer look at the new models. Yes, they have the same feeling but some of the posture has definitely changed. Look at the new orc female model, it is already entirely animated and it looks like this:

You're not telling me posture and silhouette has not changed. I like it though, I always hated how they exaggerated the arched back and the arms dangling behind her back. I'm quite sure they'll do the same for night elf females. And in this picture you can also see that the knees are slightly less bent, might aswel happen to the human and night elf males.
    Thank you.

All these 'They're not changing posture' posts had me like 'Ah, wat?'. Posture has been changed already on Female Orc (for the better) as shown above and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens with another model or two. Having the human's legs a bit straighter is not something I care about really but it also wouldn't be such a drastic change that Blizzard wouldn't consider it. I actually wouldn't be surprised if their posture was tweaked a bit.

OP might just get his wish.

Maybe.
    Last edited by SecPro; 2014-04-22 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Odile View Post

I think you're exaggerating the spinal differences. They've mostly just corrected the awful distortion the old model had.

If you want me to say the knees MIGHT change, well yeah they might. Probably not as part of a crusade against bent knees, but the models do subtly change as they improve them. I don't think it's super likely though.

To me the overall look of the female Orc still hasn't changed much. I never even noticed that spine thing until people started passing those images around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You can assume, that they probably first tried to bring the old models in their orginal prosture. When they realize it does not work well, they will start to change it. In the end they will try keep the spirit, so that at least some forms are similar to the old models.
    Its probably an individual art choice they do with constant internal feedback. Mind you, blizzard employees play the game even longer then most players on the current liveservers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think you're exaggerating the spinal differences. They've mostly just corrected the awful distortion the old model had.

If you want me to say the knees MIGHT change, well yeah they might. Probably not as part of a crusade against bent knees, but the models do subtly change as they improve them. I don't think it's super likely though.

To me the overall look of the female Orc still hasn't changed much. I never even noticed that spine thing until people started passing those images around.
    Perhaps they were slightly exaggerated, so here's a more accurate version:

She hasn't changed much? Well, less space between legs which also alters the shape of the dresses a lot, shoulders and arm more forward, straightened back, overall posture a lot more heroic; not so perky. Boobs don't stand up but have a more natural shape and so does the ass.

Especially the shoulders and stance of the arms has changed dramatically (marked in light blue). Perhaps the fact that you did not see this change in spine until now is the reason you and a lot of other people started saying no,no,no! before they actually knew whats going on...

It's the subtle changes like these that make me appreciate the new character models the most. At first I was okay with them just giving us new textures, now I see how important extra polygons and the new animations are.
    Last edited by Odile; 2014-04-22 at 10:00 AM.