Any news on reducing ability lag yet?

They mentioned it on the last Convert to Raid Dev interview, any other news about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's ability lag?

apparently you can control how detailed other's players spells and effects are for you now. Instead of it all being on one giant slider for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    There's ability lag?
    Perhaps if you have a slower connection or play on a low to mid-range computer. I don't notice anything unless my girlfriend is streaming video in the other room.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    There's ability lag?
    When your heal goes off but your groupmate dies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    When your heal goes off but your groupmate dies anyway.
    That will always exist to some extent though due to what is calculated at client and what is calculated at server and the time in between.

The way they described it on the podcast as I recall was basically, 'The WoW client handles a lot of things really well. It's known for being very responsive. When you use an ability, it goes off right away. We have some technology we're working on that should make it even better.' and then one of the people on the Convert to Raid podcast asked if it would be something we would see mentioned in the patch notes or explained, and they said something along the lines of, 'It wouldn't really be something mentioned in the patch notes, as it's not a new feature. Maybe something like, "The game will be even more responsive now."'

This is just me paraphrasing off of memory, but it sounds interesting. Right now it is quite rare that I use an ability and it doesn't go off right away. But they cited some rare situations where an ability is used, its cooldown is triggered, but nothing actually happens - and whatever change they talked about would help ensure that that happens even less often/never happens at all.