Page 1 of 2
LastLast

That One WoW Song That Makes You Smile! (Machinima)

I'm not one of those people that have rose tinted goggles, however I am a bit of a nostalgia sap when it comes to WoW music videos, having played for over 8 years, I have loved the machinima community that surrounds WoW.

Now and again I tend to go through my bookmarks, and just chain listen/watch all the music videos that remind me of key points in my *WoW life*. So many of them are amazing!

Nyhms *Can't PuG KZ*

This one brings so many memories back of when we first started raiding as a small group of friends that had never entered a raid in their lives before.

Summergale and Cranius' *Ulduar*
    I also remember the immense excitment all over our server waiting for Ulduar to release, people were really excited for this raid, and we weren't let down!

Gigi, Nyhm, & the Druidboyz *Pwnage Like Us*

There are so many more that I would love to link, but could go on forever haha. Big Blue Dress by Cranius is one of my all time favs <3

So I guess what I want to know is there a WoW Machinima Song that summons up that feeling of nostalgia, that one point over the course of time you have played, that just makes you smile?

The one song that always makes me smile and tear up a bit is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5hg-hZwC_Y

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    The one song that always makes me smile and tear up a bit is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5hg-hZwC_Y
    Haha that is awesome Never heard that one before, that is now bookmarked Thank you!

Deleted
    Ah lol, had completely forgotten the KZ pug video <3.

Makes me think of the good old days back in 05/06 spamming warcraftmovies.com hoping for a new epic vid

old fav ^^
    Last edited by mmoce5903cdadd; 2014-05-01 at 02:24 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_jmoFkZrW4

Pugs All Night. I play a decent bit still, but icc was during my last year in high school and I played more than ever then. I use to pug so often, and eventually when I got pretty good (not great but good) at the game I would literally "dps for fun" on my druid! Back when you had to drop out of treeform to cast wrath even!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k31zoaV-U

I clear bronze, silver, and attempt gold proving grounds! Tank mode of course. Warlock, tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarathion View Post
    Ah lol, had completely forgotten the KZ pug video <3.

Makes me think of the good old days back in 05/06 spamming warcraftmovies.com hoping for a new epic vid

old fav ^^
    [video=youtube;iEWgs6YQR9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWgs6YQR9[video]
    ROFLMAO! Another of my favs too This ones already in my nostalgia bucket hehe. So many amazing songs, It feels like there hasn't been as much action with Machinimas since vanilla/TBC/WotLK days.

Why oh why must I be forced to wear a dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_jmoFkZrW4

Pugs All Night. I play a decent bit still, but icc was during my last year in high school and I played more than ever then. I use to pug so often, and eventually when I got pretty good (not great but good) at the game I would literally "dps for fun" on my druid! Back when you had to drop out of treeform to cast wrath even!
    This is so close to home for me, I had so little responsibility back at the end of Vanilla and all through TBC, I poured so much time into the game, but my life changed (for the better) and I can't sink so much time in anymore, I had a blast in TBC, and have many good memories, I sometimes wish I could put more time into WoW again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Why oh why must I be forced to wear a dress?
    Shhhhh it's not a dress... not really... /cackle

Adore that song <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

One of the best, and it's so well-made. Whenever I hear it, I remember how I started out...can't believe I went from running into The Barrens at level 7 and getting owned by higher level lions, to someone raiding Heroic difficulty of the latest tier content.

Darrowshire...did it pre-Cata, and it was just one of those WoW experiences I won't ever forget.

This song and video is rather new, but still makes me smile.

FOR THE HORDE! This song summarizes how I felt when I could FINALLY return to my home faction.

Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-05-01 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Another fab video, I love Cranius' stuff, so much nostalgia flooding through me right now

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever listened to Nymh's tracks and god do I love them <3

My favorites:

Okay so... let's see.

We got this one here. And it's more or less in place for every other Jonathan Coulton-Machinima and there are quite a few. It is obviously not really connected to anything directly in the game but it kind of reminded me of a few other equally stupid videos we enjoyed and shared, back when i basically knew everyone on my server.

The next is also quite old, and it always reminds me of me skilling up engineering which took me ages to do, but the very last part which used to be the hardest in BC actually happened rather fast during the same time in which i spend an entire week with basically no sleep at all while doing the quests for the netherdrakes at the same time. (Sorry for the bad quality, but SME is being a cunt about the copyright on every other one in my country)

So last but surely not the least comes the most amazing wow-machinima i ever saw. It is just cool and it basically reminds me of all those nifty little story-lines people played out back when roleplay was still a thing on our server with sometimes more sometimes... less... logical plots and ideas. This time is long over tho, and basically true RP died on most servers i played on during late wotlk, and yet... this one still reminds me of the dramatic fun parts. ;D

I clearly agree with everyone putting up Cranius tho... I even very much enjoyed his simple PVP-Video playing Last man Standing in the background where they fought about that chest in the gurubashi-arena. ;D
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

While the song isn't exactly WoW related, the video for me is awesome, and again I found this video at a time when I was playing a lot and brings back memories It is also hilarious

Plus The Lonely Island <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post

So last but surely not the least comes the most amazing wow-machinima i ever saw. It is just cool and it basically reminds me of all those nifty little story-lines people played out back when roleplay was still a thing on our server with sometimes more sometimes... less... logical plots and ideas. This time is long over tho, and basically true RP died on most servers i played on during late wotlk, and yet... this one still reminds me of the dramatic fun parts. ;D

[video=youtube;-xeuLBQN4xU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xeuLBQN4xU[video]
    This is also another fav of mines too, I was gobsmacked when I saw this video, the guy that did that done a crackin job! I feel you on the RP, in TBC and even WOTLK, our server had a booming RP community, many RP guilds, and lots of random RP happening around the world, can't remember the last time I bumped into someone and had a little RP dialogue happening, nor all the server RP events

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Since i am a stubborn s.o.a.b. i till today use flagRSP with the last flag i wrote for my character but these days i dont even see other people using it anymore on my server. It's pretty sad. :I I really wonder what happened to that and why it actually stopped... Just a shame. D:
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post

D
    ...Holy...crap...how have I not seen this until now?? Best machinima ever! The way they move and the expressions on the characters = amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nyhm all the way. I want to post a song but I'm still new so I can't post links yet Soon!