Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    With the example i gave between the two, i would take the MoP baby in a heart beat. He has the current exp and the logs to back everything up. He is the most secure choice between both of them.
    Cool you can have him.

Deleted
    Every decent raid would prefer the guy with the most awareness and continuity. Which both prefer the WotLK RL.

But it's a bad example. I personally would always take the better player in progress situations.

Id say it depends how long they been away. Atleast thats the case for me; Barely played MOP, and I do feel rusty from doing that.

Its not that I forgot everything, but you know....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

If people can be specific with their raid experience and verify it, all raid experience is relevant. It always annoyed me when I recruited for my guild in Cata and people would say things like "I raided ICC" under the raid experience question when it could mean you did heroic at a low buff or normal at 30%. Be specific.

When I apped to a raiding guild last year I posted the below as my experiance

Vanilla - ZG - Mid AQ40
    BC - Kael'thas/Vash pre attunement removal 4/6 sunwell pre nerf
    Wotlk - Full clear of all content including metas. Tribute to insanity 25. Algalon/Ulduar meta completed before ICC released. LK25h was the only content not killed during the xpacs life cycle.
    Cata - Downgraded to 10 man raid team. 11/13h tier 11. Sinestra came later including immortal sinestra kill. 7/7h tier 12 Almost realm 1st heroic rag . 8/8h tier 13.
    MoP - 6/6h 3/6h 1/4h tier 14. 11/13h tier 15.
    Every single raid meta completed.
    Since this has all been accomplished within 2 different raid teams it showed my dedication and guild loyalty. Both of which are huge factors in any succesful guilds recruiting strategys

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    As the title says. I get people that say to me blah blah blah I raided hardcore in bc and wrath etc. Usually to explain some kind of gap in their raiding timeline not that it matters for the gap, people can quit the game for whatever reason they feel like. But how far back does prev raid experience matter to you when youre bringing someone on board may it be they are undergeared or something. A lot of times in my head I dont really care what they did in bc wrath and to some extent cata. In my head the only "valid" exp is to the current expansion. If I was apping to a guild I feel like the only real thing they would care about would be what I raided this expansion. I killed everthing in H msv, 3 h bosses in hof, 1 in terrace. Full clear tot with raden. and XXX in current teir. Those are the only stats I would care to list if i was making a app. So what are everyone else s thoughts?
    the only time where it would matter is if lets say they spent several years in the same guild, it shows they are reliable (or they were). in my experience, people only say their previous xpacs experience when they have none in the current one ( no one wanna say they have 0 raiding experience)

Discounting a persons raiding experience from previous expansions sounds kind of...inexperienced.

Experience matters. The game today isn't much different than it was 6 years ago. Sure there may be something new and not recycled pop up, but the mechanics are still the same.

Who here can read the dungeon journal, or after the first wipe or two, and pretty much know instantly how the fight is going to play out, or how you're going to strategize it based on the similarities to a previous encounter?

Someone who just started raiding 2 tiers ago, doesn't have that experience.

Exp is exp, yes. But what kind of experience are we really talking about?

I've seen people put 8/8 H Dragon Soul experience but when asked the date of those kills they got them after the 20% nerf. By around that time Heroic mode was brought down to the level normal mode was when it was first released so their "Heroic" raid experience during Dragon Soul absolutely did NOT count as anything worth noting.

You need to really specific when looking at past raiding experience, and for that you really need to do research. Classes become OP/UP at certain times and when they list their achievements you need to take into consideration the state of the game and their class/spec during the time of those achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    You need to really specific when looking at past raiding experience, and for that you really need to do research. Classes become OP/UP at certain times and when they list their achievements you need to take into consideration the state of the game and their class/spec during the time of those achievements.
    I don't see why the state of a class matters. A kill is a kill. Just look at the date to make sure it was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Discounting a persons raiding experience from previous expansions sounds kind of...inexperienced.

Experience matters. The game today isn't much different than it was 6 years ago. Sure there may be something new and not recycled pop up, but the mechanics are still the same.

Who here can read the dungeon journal, or after the first wipe or two, and pretty much know instantly how the fight is going to play out, or how you're going to strategize it based on the similarities to a previous encounter?

Someone who just started raiding 2 tiers ago, doesn't have that experience.
    Experience does indeed matter. But only experience that can be confirmed. If I said I killed M'uru prenerf, you'd have no way to prove me wrong if you didn't know someone from the guild I claimed to have played in, that played at the same time. Meanwhile, I started playing mid-Ulduar, and didn't do any real heroic raiding untill late ICC. But you wouldn't be able to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    WHAT, since when is playing an OP class a crime? Really this statement makes no sense. So you're saying they only killed a boss because they were playing a certain class????
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    WHAT, since when is playing an OP class a crime? Really this statement makes no sense. So you're saying they only killed a boss because they were playing a certain class????
    I guess I used the wrong words to convey my true meaning, I also did recruitment for PvP and I did take into consideration people that have really nice PvP achievements only for a season or two and then nothing after. I let my own experience be the basis towards everyone else's recruiting strats.

The same concept doesn't apply for PvE as like others said a kill is a kill, whether the kill was relevant or not depends on when that kill happened.

Personally I think it's all situational. Someone who was a "hardcore" raider 5 years ago might not be good now, and someone who might be good now may have never gotten a chance before. For every "hardcore" player from Vanilla/TBC looking to get back now and ride on the laurels of the past there's people who are good players but just have been stuck in mediocre guilds or otherwise not been able to do heroic content that, with the right guild and raid team, they could do.

So, to me, using experience as a measure is flawed in and of itself. Obviously some things lend themselves more credence e.g. pre-nerf Heroic Rag, Lei Shen, top US/world kills, but I encourage anyone to broaden their horizons if at all possible so they don't miss out on a "diamond in the rough" who is a good player capable of heroic kills and just hasn't been discovered yet.