10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Yes, I can never forget their lovely trip.

@Hinalover: The thread will probably continue to grow as people take in the info and ask for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Thanks for the thread r03dz, you are now immortalized in the form of skeleton horses.
    My mind will be stuck on convulsing rats, personally.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Blackmoore, it didn't state directly what happened to him. Also, Jaina's wounds were caused by random individuals throughout the battle. No exact details.
    Jaina used Ice Block
    Jaina: /tar Anduin
    Jaina: /HEALME
    Anduin: /oom
    Anduin's wand hits Infinite Dragon for 10
    Anduin's wand hits Infinite Dragon for 3
    Anduin's wand crits Infinite Dragon for 15
    Jaina's Ice Block faded.
    Jaina dies.
    Chi'ji wants to resurrect you.
    Accept / Cancel, have the entire alliance playerbase revolt and then accept anyway.

Joking aside, there is no way that something would happen to such a major character from such a minor event...

I really enjoyed the Windrunner sub-plot and although it had its epic moments like the hug and Vereesa's nickname (that brought me a joyful smile, and it was my favourite moment) its end was the complete opposite of what I expected... Of course it had to end because the focus of the book was at the trial but making first Sylvanas to open her heart to someone only to have her dreams shattered and her turning more cold-hearted than ever is kinda underwhelming...
    OK, OK, the Celestial stupidity still wins in the underwhelming factor so I don't have anything to say to this...

Thank you <insert title here> r03dz for the spoilers (that's something I never thought that I was going to say).

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Also why would Sylvannus have a problem with making Vereesa undead.

Its not like being undead is bad.
    Remember when Arthas killed every last man or woman under Sylvannas' command then killed her, twisted her immortal soul into a product of his army and then made her finish killing the rest of the people she was trying to protect. Those were the good old days when being undead was bad.

I kinda miss those days when the Scourge acted like a true Zombie Apocalypse should when armed with magic.

Scourge > Iron Horde anyday. But I digress, Undeath is a curse that only benefits the one who raises them, its not a buff.

First thank you R03dz, ive read all 100 pages counting since yesterday!

Just my 2c plus cliff notes:

Boring trial banter that makes for a good book.
    Syll and Vareesa plot ended without a conclusion imo
    Tyrande was still blah
    Baine was blah
    Wrathion and Kairoz were behind the time rift as I suspected 50 pages ago
    Still no answer Why Wrathion did this
    Garrosh was unaware why he was brought back in time (stupid plot imo)
    Infinite & Dragonmaw are somehow in on it (I speculated again) still nothing for backstory, infinte that it
    Noz is mysteriously absent

The only thing that leaves me speculating is the infinite dragonflight & Kairoz, / Wrathion set up. We can assume infinite / Kairoz / Wrathion / Dragonmaw all fail to conquer azeroth with the iron horde. So what is Wrathion's trump card? What becomes of him and Kairoz?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    r03dz for warchief.
    /signed

Thanks r03dz. I've spent the last 5 hours following this thread with growing excitement. And I regret... NOTHING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for showcasing that the books are sometimes worth buying R03dz, it has definitely taken all night to finish reading through this thread, but it was damn well worth it.

Funny how this thread alone has showcased this entire community's enthusiasm and love for this game, regardless of our stances in life. Azeroth itself is what we identify with, and Blizzard has done an amazing job for 20 years of keeping this show running.

Magic is what happened in this shit, and everyone was happy to be on the ride.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I keep having this picture in my head of that rat /whispering to Anduin "Rez pls" and Anduin /reply "FFS run back lazy critter"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    But I digress, Undeath is a curse that only benefits the one who raises them, its not a buff.
    You no longer need to eat, drink, sleep, or even breathe, you don't age, feel no pain from physical sources, you're immune to conventional disease and poisons, you're no longer affected by hormones; also, depending on the type of magics cast, you gain additional strength and resilience to the point when losing a limb is just a minor nuisance... I'd say it's quite a blessing if you retain your free will.

for the first 10 years of my life every year, sometimes twice a year i'd go stay at my grandparents for 2 weeks.

Didnt qualify my father as "worst father ever" or "fucking crazy". Maybe you should read the book first. THe only thing that spoilers and cleft notes do is give highlights and basic direction.
    you arent serious right? please tell me you arent serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You no longer need to eat, drink, sleep, or even breathe, you don't age, feel no pain from physical sources, you're immune to conventional disease and poisons, you're no longer affected by hormones; also, depending on the type of magics cast, you gain additional strength and resilience to the point when losing a limb is just a minor nuisance... I'd say it's quite a blessing if you retain your free will.
    you CANT sleep. its not that you dont need to you literally cant. imagine being completely awake your entire life. thats exhausting.

you DO feel pain from external sources and not only that but you feel pain 24/7. the undead can FEEL their bodies rotting away

and depending on what way you were raised you could either be in unbearable pain for the rest of your life or be forced to cause others pain or else you will slowly hurt more and more until you go crazy.

no undead ever retains their full free will, the magic taints their minds.

and ontop of all that, if you die you get tortured forever, no afterlife for you.

the only reason sylvanas doesnt chop her own head off is because what happens after an undead dies is even worse than living with the curse
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    What a thread. I knew that wrathion was behind this because only thing he wanted was one super-power to protect azeroth from legion (and that's iron horde because alliance and horde failed)

Good thing that trassk is still banned (?) so this discussion was kept kinda civilized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Good thing that trassk is still banned (?) so this discussion was kept kinda civilized.
    God forbid people have opinions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you CANT sleep. its not that you dont need to you literally cant. imagine being completely awake your entire life. thats exhausting.

you DO feel pain from external sources and not only that but you feel pain 24/7. the undead can FEEL their bodies rotting away

and depending on what way you were raised you could either be in unbearable pain for the rest of your life or be forced to cause others pain or else you will slowly hurt more and more until you go crazy.

no undead ever retains their full free will, the magic taints their minds.

and ontop of all that, if you die you get tortured forever, no afterlife for you.

the only reason sylvanas doesnt chop her own head off is because what happens after an undead dies is even worse than living with the curse
    The undead can feel pain from the Light. It was always stated they can't feel pain like living mortals do. It was a focal point in Stormrage that in Sylvanas' nightmare, she could feel the cold of the floor, and smell the stench of the Undercity. The only time that the undead were quoted "feeling" anything was in Ask the CDev, which was regarding the Light:
    When undead use or are healed by the Holy Light, does it cause them any actual damage or harm, or does it only cause them pain (in addition to the intended effects of the spell)?
    Channeling the Light in any way, or receiving healing from the Light, only causes pain. Forsaken priests do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light for an extended period of time… though they may wish they would.
    Are there long-term effects on an undead who is in regular contact with the Holy Light in a positive way?
    It is difficult to say, as there are no known records of undead wielding the Holy Light before the Third War. There are reports, however, that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath. Unfortunately, this may be the cause of the Forsaken priesthood's increased attempts at self-destruction; regaining these senses would force the priests to smell their own rotting flesh, taste the decay in their mouths and throats, and even feel the maggots burrowing within their bodies.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The undead can feel pain from the Light. It was always stated they can't feel pain like living mortals do. It was a focal point in Stormrage that in Sylvanas' nightmare, she could feel the cold of the floor, and smell the stench of the Undercity. The only time that the undead were quoted "feeling" anything was in Ask the CDev, which was regarding the Light:
    they can, they are just more numb to it.

trag highmountain could feel his body burning when the other tauren threw him onto the bonfire.

but the majority of their pain comes from simply being walking corpses. they feel pain all the time just from existing
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    God forbid people have opinions, right?
    There's a difference between having opinions and responding to every thread with "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with my opinion is an idiot or a child."

I'm trying to find where the Celestial verdict is in this behemoth of a thread.

Can someone hold my hand? I'm a bit lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I'm trying to find where the Celestial verdict is in this behemoth of a thread.

Can someone hold my hand? I'm a bit lost.
    they were like "we knew that this would happen, garrosh hellscream was never meant to die, he was meant to live, because life is meant to change and he has yet to change"

was kind of a shitty ending to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Am I the only one confused as to why Vol'jin's letter had such an effect on Jaina?
    Well its the first time anyone has ever said.

"I heard about what you did. You are not the same woman you where before. Garrosh has hurt so much. I'm not going to judge you"

even the people who claim to love her have been so judgemental of her, ever since you know...her world was turned upside down.

This is the first time someone has neither commended her for killing dirty horde, or shamed her for acting rashly.

And its from the Leader of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

they were like "we knew that this would happen, garrosh hellscream was never meant to die, he was meant to live, because life is meant to change and he has yet to change"

was kind of a shitty ending to be honest.
    why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

we where talking about Veneesa abandoning her children in Dalaran. Yet there was no indication of the circumstances. Living away from your children for somewhere between 1 or infinite days with no indication of how long things will go or how much contact will be had is not abandonment.

She could have lived in the undercity and seen her children for 23 hours a day 7 days a week and it would still involve her living in the undercity and her children living in Dalaran.

Or do you mean i cant be serious about wanting people to...have all the information before they judge information in a book?

Well its the first time anyone has ever said.

"I heard about what you did. You are not the same woman you where before. Garrosh has hurt so much. I'm not going to judge you"

even the people who claim to love her have been so judgemental of her, ever since you know...her world was turned upside down.

This is the first time someone has neither commended her for killing dirty horde, or shamed her for acting rashly.

And its from the Leader of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

we where talking about Veneesa abandoning her children in Dalaran. Yet there was no indication of the circumstances. Living away from your children for somewhere between 1 or infinite days with no indication of how long things will go or how much contact will be had is not abandonment.

She could have lived in the undercity and seen her children for 23 hours a day 7 days a week and it would still involve her living in the undercity and her children living in Dalaran.

Or do you mean i cant be serious about wanting people to...have all the information before they judge information in a book?
    okay im just gonna assume you are trolling, or you werent even following the thread.

the entire reason she tells anduin that she poisoned garroshes food is because she realized she DIDNT want to abandon her kids.

a trip to grandmas house for a couple weeks is not in any way comparable to their mother going to live in a sewer with walking corpses with her corpse sister and leaving them behind

- - - Updated - - -

"i went to meh grandmas house for a couple weeks when i was a little kid i totally understand why someone wants to abandon their kids and live in a sewer with walking corpses"

do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds

Wrathion is preparing azeroth for the final battle agains the burning legion. But before that happens Horde + Alliance and every other person in azeroth need to band together and a way to do that is to create a common enemy, the iron horde. He plans on creating a STRONG enemy for us to deal with. If the enemy is weak it will not do much, it needs to be strong and overpowered.

Wrathion is basically ozymandias from watchmen.