Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I understand what you are saying OP. However, I don't see how transmog is "damaging the game".
    If people like popular transmog sets, then why not let them wear it? If people like farming random pieces of gear, then why stop them?
    IMO, transmog actually had the opposite effect. It made people want to go back and farm old raids. It gives people something to do and a reason to revisit old content while waiting for new content.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Out of pure curiosity, why would you be happy to see it gone?
    If He Doesn't Reply: "Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn." - I'm going to lose it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Actually no, I see no evidence from anyone, what he is posting is a theory. And ill spell it out for you. Does mog ruin what was once a visible gearing process. And, in a way, hasmogging has taken away the visual distinction of a player's gear.

The answer could very well be yes. So, I don't really see your point.
    Fact: people were running the same current-tier within classes, i.e. classes all looked exactly the same.
    Thus "You also avoid inflation of over used sets, and a lot more variety",which is OP's point, is not valid.

End of discussion.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog has done well, it lets you wear what you want to wear. In a world full of people though you are bound to wear some of the same things and look like others as well. This is not a fault of the system, just a fact of percentage. I have a green transformers decepticon shirt I love to wear and I have seen tons of other people who have it to. This is not a fault of the person who made the shirt, its just a likeable shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    It completely fucks low level characters. It's impossible to go on the ah and find a few pieces of leveling gear without spending a fortune.
    If they are buying gear for levelling then they are doing it wrong.
    Dungeons and quests offer gear which is more than sufficient for levelling.
    I think often players are overestimating just what gear they actually need to level, when they try to compare themselves to players who are simply over-geared for the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Transmog is one of the best things Blizz have introduced to the game imo. It gives you way more scope to make you toon look how you would like it to look, rather than have current gear dictate it to you.

Meh, people either ALL wear the same hodge podge of end game gear, or they transmog to the sets they want. I don't see how its "damaging" to the game that people aren't trapped into wearing parts of 2, sometimes even 3, different tier art styles at once.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Transmog won't get old anytime soon as people decide their current look doesn't suit them any more or the piece they were finally after drops and they build a set around it (raises hand). Plus - I quite like seeing what people have done with sets when I'm in a raid/dungeon or just hanging out at the Shrine. I wish they'd relax it further (dagger/sword, at least for hip wearers, like casters) to open up more diversity. I'm not sure how I feel about legendaries being moggable. I have TF and would LOVE to wear it, but guaranteed day 1, dozens of people would be wearing it too - but perhaps... that's how the issue solves itself? If it feels common enough, people will move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    It was a good addition. I personally enjoyed that feeling of ending up with a good looking character despite having a mix of various sets. I think when people think about the mixed gear they tend to think back to the bc clown outfits, rather than the gear that could bleed together without too much hassle.

Beyond that - yeah it gets old to see every single druid wearing the cm gear and so on. But it could be far worse, like how it'd be with 4 versions of each tier set without transmog.
    Funny I rarely see Druids have that transmog. Must be outlier >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor11 View Post
    Transmog is one of the best things Blizz have introduced to the game imo. It gives you way more scope to make you toon look how you would like it to look, rather than have current gear dictate it to you.
    Says it all. LOVE transmog. and I mean, LOVE IT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Be grateful you didn't have a sack with a glory-hole in it as your helmet.
    Pretty much all helmets in the game are awful, I never had the helmet graphics enabled for some reason.
    And yes of course tmog has served its purpose. The purpose is to change how gear looks and it does just that!

side note that end game gear now looks considerably better than it used to in Vanilla. So even if you DON'T use transmog, you look 10,000 times better than this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Pretty much all helmets in the game are awful, I never had the helmet graphics enabled for some reason.
    And yes of course tmog has served its purpose. The purpose is to change how gear looks and it does just that!
    Mail caster helm from Ordos is very pretty hoping for some luck today

it has positive effects and negative effects for example it killed epicness of new gear since most people will transmog them instantly to what they want but it is a good thing we can do that at the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy because seeing everyone in the current tier gear would be so much better. I love seeing a cool mog. It's interesting how people match certain pieces together and create their own thing.

I think Transmog could definitely be expanded in a few ways. For one, I think it would be nice if it also allowed us to recolor gear how we want. This would be huge for customization. I also think that Legendary items should be possible to transmog. I understand the reason they haven't been, however, the way it is now legendary items just sit in your bag / bank and that isn't really epic at all. With transmog people could actually use them.

Deleted
    Transmog is a gold sink, and yes it served its purpose, i think ive spent more on transmog than flasks/pots and reforging combined

Heh. I went a different route. My main is warrior, and when TG came out with Dragon Soul... well, I decided that I really liked the Dragon Soul Tier 13 armor and... decided to keep it. It looks really good. I use it ever since, with the Skullsplitter Greataxe from Firelands as my weapon. When they're sheathed on my back, the glowing knob on the end sticks up like some weird torch. Even more fun when dualwielding them. The 1H axe from Jin'rokh in Throne of Thunder fits it like a glove if I'm forced to go SMF again.

Just need to get Blackhorn's shield or something compatible for if I try Gladiator Stance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think Transmog could definitely be expanded in a few ways. For one, I think it would be nice if it also allowed us to recolor gear how we want. This would be huge for customization. I also think that Legendary items should be possible to transmog. I understand the reason they haven't been, however, the way it is now legendary items just sit in your bag / bank and that isn't really epic at all. With transmog people could actually use them.
    I doubt we'll ever be able to recolour gear, but they could loosen up the restrictions on say weapons and some gear, for example allow a shaman to transmog leather too, or a druid to transmog cloth etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann