Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Terrible players or bad matchmaking?

I swear, almost every team these days I get into when my friends are away and I'm solo queueing have no goddamn idea how mobas work. I don't profess to be anything other than terribly mediocre, but I get paired with such terrible players. A Tyrande who dies because she decides to chase a 50% health Nova when she herself has 5% and hasn't healed yet, ect.

Do we know if a matchmaking system in this game is up and running yet? Has anyone else experienced something like this? I'm not talking about just one or two random bad games, we all have that. I'm talking about 5, 6, sometimes 7 consecutive games where people just have no freaking idea what they're doing, the map mechanics, the value of mercenaries, basic goddamn strategy, ect.

Deleted
    You have to keep in mind that people who are playing the game might be new to the game, let alone the moba genre. Also, the game is still in alpha, it's a new game and I'm sure a lot of people still don't have a good grasp of the game depending on how much time they've played the game.

Even a totally ignorant person knows not to run into 4 guys by themselves, or try to chase down somebody at 50% when you're at 5%. I donno. Maybe I'm just getting unlucky tonight, but I don't think I've ever been frustrated with any moba as I have been tonight with HotS.

I know how your feeling, There are times I solo Q and get amazing face roll groups. Then other times it feels like i'm the only person on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's both that everyone is new to the game (and a lot of people are entirely new to mobas), and the fact that the alpha pool is really small so I think right now there effectively is no matchmaking system. I mean, it might be implemented already, but you probably need a pool bigger than the ~1k people on at any given time in Heroes for it to actually work.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Matching will be horrible until more people get into the game. There are so few people playing right now.

This game by its casual nature is going to attract a lot of bads.

Its a Blizzard game, by default that means most of the active fanbase will check it out without having a clue what it is or how it works, its advertised/they received a key.

The same way Dota/LoL/HoN have their own "ELO Hell", thats how HoTS is gonna be by default until some sort of matchmaking is implemented and as long as it will require for better players to leave the pool of bads.

Deleted
    atleast you get to play... ungrateful...

Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    atleast you get to play... ungrateful...
    The current build is not meant to be an early access. Its meant to test. If you're playing HotS just to play it early, you're doing it wrong.

Except you know. What the hell will these people be testing without any basic Moba knowledge?

That's right, nothing. They'll also be providing awful feedback. "This hero is broken because he killed me".
    So because some get in that don't, its not even worth it to try and use the testing phase for...you know, actually testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except you know. What the hell will these people be testing without any basic Moba knowledge?

That's right, nothing. They'll also be providing awful feedback. "This hero is broken because he killed me".
    The feedback forums are public. You can see that is not the case.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Why are these people given invites?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard want to make the game more accessible than current MOBA, having feedback from non MOBA player is also useful to get that perspective in along with the one of more experienced players.

Reliance on random matchmaking "morons" in current MOBAs can be offset but exceptional play from 1-2 players on a team SOMETIMES. Won't be the case here.
    Heroes actually rewards you by playing with your friends. Higher exp towards your levels and stuff by playing with people on your friend's list.
    You don't have to play with randoms if you don't want to. That's part of the point of this game: Play the game with your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody can be online 100% of the time. If you are - you're sitting on a pretty pension or benefits. Sometimes you can't always play with friends.
    No one said anything about needing your schedule to match up 100% with your friends, and I don't know why you think that would be necessary. Millions of people game with friends despite not being available 24/7. If friends not on at that particular time, one has the choice to queue with randoms that are matched to their skill level or, if that is too distasteful, one can opt to do something else and limit their playtime for Heroes to times that overlap with friends.

I certainly understand the desire not to queue with randoms, but you're making it sound like it's unrealistic for a normal person to be able to do that. It's not complicated. It's not asking any more of you than any other game you might occasionally play with buddies.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'd still love to know how some people are getting invites to this who have no clue what a moba even is ...

Pass me your key

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    I'd still love to know how some people are getting invites to this who have no clue what a moba even is ...

Pass me your key
    some of them might have been willing to do that but they dont give out keys they just directly activate it on your account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post

Pass me your key
    (a) We can't pass along keys since they invite accounts not mail codes.
    (b) People have to start somewhere. Everyone was new to a game or genre at some point.
    (c) Blizzard is limited by who they can invite based off of who has a battle.net account. With that in mind, did give access to many top players and streamers and relevant fansites who will be full of serious and experienced players.

and most importantly:

(d) The game is supposed to be accessible to new players. They want those new-to-mobas players to test because their experience and feedback is extremely important right now.

Experienced moba players' insight will probably become very valuable when Blizzard is doing balance/tuning/numbers passes, but right now isn't that time.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Its pretty simple, if you have even a tiny iota of influence at Blizzard, you most likely got in.

I did through my lore show, But Wait! There's Lore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its pretty simple, if you have even a tiny iota of influence at Blizzard, you most likely got in.

I did through my lore show, But Wait! There's Lore!
    i got in and i have zero influence at blizzard. the only "influence" i have is ive never dropped my sub from WoW since 2006. that said i do agree that the current playerbase is totally bipolar. people are either amazing or terrible. but thats okay imo. this game does a pretty good job of not making you feel like utter shit even IF you get steamrolled.

maybe its just me but even after i lose a game pretty badly it doesnt frustrate me into not wanting to play again. that right there is a win in my book. newbies dont feel turned off while they are still learning. sometimes it can get a tiny bit upsetting to see teammates do stupid things but this game doesnt punish you nearly as much right now for it. they need a ton of polish for sure but the casual nature of this game is a good think. we need something like it in a genre filled with hardcore.