Poll: Will SoO last longer than DS, and does it bother you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not fussed, gives me more time to get full bis on every char I have.

MMO players should try all of them sometime and demand things accordingly to WoW programming staff. WoW relies on a poorly aware community on what they should expect, which is far more than we have right now. I mean ages. What strikes me is that for instance SWTOR with far less audience gets more stuff, more often, and they have recently being hard punished for delaying a huge patch just one month. These efforts are just because they need more players. As for WoW seems not matter much if it is six months or longer without any content, it is not a problem for profiting. But I hate to stop and resubscribing everytime there is content in WoW, it does not feel a fluent experience even though i enjoy it for a time. The only think that I don't like of SWTOR is that it has far less community, so what if WoW end up at the same levels?? That would be catastrophic for a game without a steady continuity. WoW needs to learn a lot from SWTOR, and SWTOR needs to attact a bigger community, which i don't understand it is any bigger with so much solo features so far, I wish WoW had for instance, flight battles like SWTOR. Not to menction other MMOs...

Deleted
    As long as there are buyers for SoO HC clears that stock up our GBank for the next expansion, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    As recruiting officer, the current SoO situation (and with summer coming... ouch) bothers me a lot. At 9/14H 25s (and within ~7 seconds of a spoils kill, probably get it this week), we are likely to get full heroic clear with mounts for everyone before the expansion. Then what?
    ...Try siegecrafter first and then re-evaluate that idea. You might be spending roughly a month on it if you've never reached it yet, its definitely where the dip in skill and tactics needs to up itself a bit.

And yeah I kind of expected this the second they gave the large 'estimate' of release.

Oh well, a summer to try new games and things, I can hack it. I'm not sticking around for the farm unless my guild is really desperate to fill shit. I did the dragonsoul. EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Not doing it again. I'll hurt something.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimonde View Post
    MMO players should try all of them sometime and demand things accordingly to WoW programming staff. WoW relies on a poorly aware community on what they should expect, which is far more than we have right now. I mean ages. What strikes me is that for instance SWTOR with far less audience gets more stuff, more often, and they have recently being hard punished for delaying a huge patch just one month. These efforts are just because they need more players. As for WoW seems not matter much if it is six months or longer without any content, it is not a problem for profiting. But I hate to stop and resubscribing everytime there is content in WoW, it does not feel a fluent experience even though i enjoy it for a time. The only think that I don't like of SWTOR is that it has far less community, so what if WoW end up at the same levels?? That would be catastrophic for a game without a steady continuity. WoW needs to learn a lot from SWTOR, and SWTOR needs to attact a bigger community, which i don't understand it is any bigger with so much solo features so far, I wish WoW had for instance, flight battles like SWTOR. Not to menction other MMOs...
    What has all these "other MMOs" gained from having these frequent updates? Not that many subs, that's what.

At this rate, it will last longer than ICC, which lasted for exactly a year.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What has all these "other MMOs" gained from having these frequent updates? Not that many subs, that's what.
    Swtor made nearly 140 million bucks from microtransctions, compared to wow's 250 last year.

I doubt they care about your opinion. They are still rolling around in money, even if they do not have 7 million subs wow has.
    Chronomancer Club

It is pretty depressing. I don't really have an interest in raiding heroic modes anymore because I work a random schedule so joining a guild is impossible and pugging heroics is also hard to do.

I killed Garrosh normal in January (not remotely impressive) and have basically been sitting at 566 item level since then (full normal mode gear). So I really haven't had anything to do for awhile already. Continuing to clear the same raid every week for a super low chance at warforged items is not compelling gameplay.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Beta access will be given to "tide people over" and keep them playing.

We'll probably see severe nerfs a month or two before WoD just so everyone can 'finish' the expac and get scrappy alts heroic garrosh gear
    I honestly don't think we'll see any nerfs. When the pre xpac patch comes out the new 20man mythic raid style starts along with all the healing changes and everything else so I think they will wanna see how it feels before any kind of nerf. However they will be retuning SoO for this and getting rid of the feat of strength and 100% drop chance on the mount. I just don't see them making it easier on purpose although some fights might end up easier due to all the changes. If they ever decide to nerf it I think it'll be after at least a month of 6.0 mythic SoO.

On topic: I am a little upset about the length of the tier. My guild is only 11/14H but I'm pretty burnt out already. I just tried wildstar tonight though for the first time and I can definitely say that game will occupy me for quite some time. It's an awesome game. Can't wait for the actual release so I can start raiding in that game.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-04-26 at 07:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    It is pretty depressing. I don't really have an interest in raiding heroic modes anymore because I work a random schedule so joining a guild is impossible and pugging heroics is also hard to do.

I killed Garrosh normal in January (not remotely impressive) and have basically been sitting at 566 item level since then (full normal mode gear). So I really haven't had anything to do for awhile already. Continuing to clear the same raid every week for a super low chance at warforged items is not compelling gameplay.
    Haha same exact time/ilvl as me XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    I honestly don't think we'll see any nerfs. When the pre xpac patch comes out the new 20man mythic raid style starts along with all the healing changes and everything else so I think they will wanna see how it feels before any kind of nerf. However they will be retuning SoO for this and get rid of the feat of strength and 100% drop chance on the mount. I just don't see them making it easier on purpose although some fights might end up easier due to all the changes. If they ever decide to nerf it I think it'll be after at least a month of 6.0 mythic SoO.

On topic: I am a little upset about the length of the tier. My guild is only 11/14H but I'm pretty burnt out already. I just tried wildstar tonight though for the first time and I can definitely say that game will occupy me for quite some time. It's an awesome game. Can't wait for the actual release so I can start raiding in that game.
    Tried to get into wildstar its kinda meh its alittle fun at first but it eventually wears off just like everything else thats new
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Good thing I just started playing again a month ago, look at these four patches of new content I get to try out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Good thing I just started playing again a month ago, look at these four patches of new content I get to try out!
    Oh theres not much you'll blow through it in like hmm a week or two XD but if your starting from 1 then i think you have about almost a month worth of content
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Please feel free to discuss. I remember something being said by Blizzard when they announced WOD that we wouldn't have another Dragon Soul situation, but I could be wrong about that.
    yes they promised we wouldnt have this situation again, but whats another lie on top of the heap lol. and the projected release of WoD is 'fall 2014' so at the very earliest by the calendar start of fall we will be waiting until sept 23rd and patch 5.4.0 was released sept 10th 2013 meaning that we will have a record 378 days (year and 13 days) of the exact same content for this patch.

on a side note eso is looking pretty good for those who want something new to do till wod, still buggy but its a new release after all.

Deleted
    we killed garrosh 3 months ago, i hope WOD come fast,being healer is so boring when all the content is done

Don't really care, we all knew it would happen anyways.

Deleted
    It does bother me (I have cancelled my sub).

But SoO is a far better raid than DS was.

I was very explicit when I cancelled my sub why I did so

Precisely that's why this model is fault of the indulgent consumers
    Last edited by Kalimonde; 2014-04-26 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimonde View Post
    Precisely that's why this model is fault of the indulgent consumers
    I'm pretty sure the qualities of the audience are a boundary condition that Blizzard, or you, can do jack about. So blaming anything on them is useless and pointless.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it and I'll be unsubbing once I finish getting a few more RBG wins for my mount and finishing up the celestial pet battles. I don't even care about finishing heroic Garrosh at this point and trying for mount even if they did eventually nerf it by %.

Tried Wildstar yesterday and was impressed enough to buy the digital deluxe version right after. I'll play that for a few months (longer if Blizzard continues to dick the dog after WoD releases) before WoD comes out. Might resub for some quick 6.0 patch nonsense or whatever it releases.

Also, Mario Kart 8!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!