"Ghost" Towns / Cities in Wow

A fun little read about places that are basically empty these days.

http://www.avclub.com/article/theres...ampaign=buffer

Hopefully, when SMC and the Exodar get updated, more players will be inclined to hang out there, rather than just let them be RP areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Hopefully, when SMC and the Exodar get updated, more players will be inclined to hang out there, rather than just let them be RP areas.
    If they ever added flight, I would gladly visit the Exodar more and roleplay my Gnome Engineer as a tinker sent there to help with repairs. But, I want to be able to use my flying machine to move from spot to spot and work high up on the walls.

Deleted
    Yeah it is a shame these areas are abandoned, going to Silvermoon / Shattrath brings back nostalgia for me as BC was the time I had the most fun in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If they ever added flight, I would gladly visit the Exodar more and roleplay my Gnome Engineer as a tinker sent there to help with repairs. But, I want to be able to use my flying machine to move from spot to spot and work high up on the walls.
    This. As a Blood Elf Paladin I would rather spend my time in Silvermoon than Orgrimmar but they would have to fix a lot of stuff to make it work.

An issue that would easily be solved if they stopped being stupid/stubborn and put portals to all cities, in all cities. Why they feel the need to force people to hang out in a single/primary base each expansion is beyond me.

Ironforge was formerly the 'Alliance Capital City', and continues to be the best city in my eyes. The lack of a Pandaria Portal/Earth Shrine/etc makes that largely not an option.

Deleted
    Even iron forge when i was playing a few months ago was empty, just the odd bank char standing around, on my mage i always sat in the empty citys

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Oh! That reminds, me they now have a story reason to redo the Exodar now: Lorewise, the Exodar is now up and running and flying over Kamildor, so that should be represented ingame. Probably should do the same with SMC, whereas the western side of the city is being rebuilt.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    In WotLK SMC was mine and many hundreds of other peoples favourite hang out between raids on my server.

Once they decided to remove all portals except Org in Cata, noone seemed to go there anymore due to the fuck around to get anywhere nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Org and Sw being the only populated cities in the world feels smaller, i kinda miss when i could meet people in other places than just Sw.