Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post
    To be fair, I originally assumed the wipe to flying was Universal, which would have meant I may have seen more than one person in the Barrens and World PVP might have had a bit more of a kick to it. You're probably right, about the no grande-awesome feeling. Also I never really developed an extreme passion for vanilla because I reached 60 and didn't get into a decent raiding guild until BC, BC was an experience I really enjoyed, and i didn't have flying for the majority of it because I suck at raising the money.

Enjoyment is easy for me to have, flight or no flight. So for me I now could care less.

"And guess what, the people not giving a single shit about content and just rushing to max level and instanced content, will keep doing just that. With or without flying." Yes, so I don't see the big deal either way, also some people do actually play the game without giving no shits about content or questing, so don't presumptiously assume that your method is the global method. It heavily contradicts the goody-two-shoes copy-pasta in your signature.
    I know that there are people not caring about content beyond instances at max level, I have a few friends with that attitude and they are completely neutral when it comes to flying or no flying at max level since guess what, they don't spend much time outside of cities and instances anyway. My sig applies to attacking individuals, in case that fact eluded you. Actually, you have been making a lot of attacks on individuals in this thread for them being against the removal of flight and you being for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LlionDS View Post
    I think the real answer was, you wanted to just make an expansion. Nothing of particular note, just something with the same kind of framework as the last, easy to develop, low cost, and whats easier than designing the same content you have for the last 4 expansions. =/
    Not just another expansion..AN ORC Expansion. That does not make any sense at all to the lore.
    Same world just a different coat of paint. Just like Assassins Creed and GTA...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Hey look, another mount! RAF or Shop, either way the sheep will continue throwing money at Blizzard.
    Amazing how people still dont see whats going on.

Oh well.
    I wonder if it'll be a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    So Blizz is removing stealth from rogues and druids? Otherwise they could still skip all the trash in the fortress example.
    Now that is a core feature of those classes, having the ability to choose when to attack and when not to. This is not the same as removing flight, a druid or rogue might still want to attack. Hell playing a rogue and ambushing things is what makes a rogue in essence!

WTB Audio for the walls of text. Title seems interesting but I imagine 90% of the people here Don't even bother reading all that.

I am glad Blizzard is sticking to their philosophy for a change with no flying in WoD, instead of pleasing the whiners. Flying should never have been implemented in WoW, like good old vanilla, no one complained back then, the world felt alive and it was fun to level.

My sub ends in 13 days cy@ wow like stated above me they should be looking into aerial combat mobs and quests at max level maybe even aerial combat raids would be amazing and innovative. Instead they just are like fuark that too much work lets just take out flying so we can stretch the lifespan of patches/raids /content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I know that there are people not caring about content beyond instances at max level, I have a few friends with that attitude and they are completely neutral when it comes to flying or no flying at max level since guess what, they don't spend much time outside of cities and instances anyway. My sig applies to attacking individuals, in case that fact eluded you. Actually, you have been making a lot of attacks on individuals in this thread for them being against the removal of flight and you being for it.
    I'm not the one with a signature stating moral values. I realized it was meant about person to person, but the basis of it still applies to our scenario.

I don't give myself gaudy moral expectations because in most scenarios I'm a fairly ornery dude. I mean someone called me a psychopath and I've had a fair few people refer to me as 'sick' or something. Mostly religious fanatics who really are fun to play around with but I've made no effort to preserve my reputation because I find the concepts of morals entirely useless in a Universe where the value of right and wrong are subjective when it comes to human judgement. I was pointing out that you were stepping out of your moral turf as an addendum to what I had said already and it just sort of fit well.

I could have not mentioned it entirely, but I did anyway because I felt like it. It's also a rather baseless signature for me, since i don't often encounter people outside of my family. it also has a very 'internet tough guy' sort of vibe to it with the whole 'YOU ARE NOT ANONYMOUS' clause. There's no laws that prevent you from telling someone they are an idiot, I don't make threats on the internet because I have been here long enough to understand that playing the 'internet tough guy' is idiotic and will only get you laughed at.

Anyway, back on topic sort of. I'm done here, gonna go play Starbound, later fegits.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetster View Post
    Huge wall of text from the blues that says nothing. Nice work guys.

So basically, we went from "you will get flying in 6.1" to - "we're not sure now". Sounds like never to me. I am so glad I am unsubbed right now. I'm not paying to run the same raid and content for a year plus, and then paying again for an expansion that is removing more shit than it adds.
    Removal of flying is one of the best things which could happen, though. And should have been done 4 weeks after flying was added, before it got as entrenched as it is now. :s
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post
    I'm not the one with a signature stating moral values. I realized it was meant about person to person, but the basis of it still applies to our scenario.

I don't give myself gaudy moral expectations because in most scenarios I'm a fairly ornery dude. I mean someone called me a psychopath and I've had a fair few people refer to me as 'sick' or something. Mostly religious fanatics who really are fun to play around with but I've made no effort to preserve my reputation because I find the concepts of morals entirely useless in a Universe where the value of right and wrong are subjective when it comes to human judgement. I was pointing out that you were stepping out of your moral turf as an addendum to what I had said already and it just sort of fit well.

I could have not mentioned it entirely, but I did anyway because I felt like it. It's also a rather baseless signature for me, since i don't often encounter people outside of my family. it also has a very 'internet tough guy' sort of vibe to it with the whole 'YOU ARE NOT ANONYMOUS' clause. There's no laws that prevent you from telling someone they are an idiot, I don't make threats on the internet because I have been here long enough to understand that playing the 'internet tough guy' is idiotic and will only get you laughed at.

Anyway, back on topic sort of. I'm done here, gonna go play Starbound, later fegits.
    The sig has nothing to do with being a internet "tough guy" (you might know what that means, I don't), it has to do with laws and people being under the impression that they are anonymous and can't be touched just because they have a screen in front of them.

You have been throwing a bit too many insults around to lecture someone else on morals, especially as you interpreted my sig as a threat to people which speaks volumes. Being called psychopath or sick = not something I'd be comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Hey look, another mount! RAF or Shop, either way the sheep will continue throwing money at Blizzard.
    Amazing how people still dont see whats going on.

Oh well.
    Yep...But you know what I see...Now its ground mounts. They will add another 3 or 4 to there shop before the next expansion is released which will probably involve "Argus" planet of the Eredar/Dranaei. This time they will remove ground mounts. So the the same pattern persists. Buy mounts next expansion you wont use them. This time they probably sell you a backpack where you carry your friend this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
    Removal of flying is one of the best things which could happen, though. And should have been done 4 weeks after flying was added, before it got as entrenched as it is now. :s
    One of the best things to you. But in what way? How will it be the best thing that could happen over say...improvements to mobs? Mounted combat? Danger in the skies etc etc?

How has the game been ruined from flying for these past 8 years? I have yet to see anyone give a proper answer to that question other than "I loved vanilla!!". WPVP? It's dead, has been ever since instanced pvp appeared. More people out and about? LFR/LFD keeps people only caring about instanced content in cities anyway. People caring about being in the world keep playing that way with flyers. I see people flying back and forth all the time on my busy server. More immersive content? We have been grounded for content so many times now that I fail to see how it can still hold mystery beyond the first time either way. That's where them making AI better, changing how mobs work, adding more danger to both air and ground and so on comes in. Hell, check out what Archeage does with their flying and mounts overall.

Let ppl in a pve server use flying mounts. Playing on pve for a fucking reason.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Did you even read what they said?

Basically if they could they would take flying out of the game since it shouldn't have been introduced in the first place.
    Some person saying it shouldn't have been introduced in the first place is basically saying that the past 8 years shouldn't have been.

It's not that simple. Flying has been around for way longer than not, and the game flourished either way. It's here, people have grown to expect and enjoy it, but rather than taking it to the next level they backtrack and say "It shouldn't have been here in the first place, lol".

Deleted
    Finally! It is done.

Flying seemed interesting in the start but it really just got more and more stupid.

Alternatively, from a flying mount, you fly over the gate, see some guy whose name is highlighted, land on top of him, kill him, and then fly away.
    If people think that the game will be more boring with ground mounts only then, deep within, you probably don't like the game to begin with.
    "Fly up, pick up your items, fly down." 5 minutes game play. What will you do the rest of the day?
    No games are design around something like this or you would have to do 100 daily quests to make it worth playing. (Which in fact no one will think it is because... well dailies isn't THAT fun and a 100 of em? No thanks.)

Interesting game play is designed around what you do and not what you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    Now that is a core feature of those classes, having the ability to choose when to attack and when not to. This is not the same as removing flight, a druid or rogue might still want to attack. Hell playing a rogue and ambushing things is what makes a rogue in essence!
    But its the same hypocritical excuse on the blue post which says,"Alternatively, from a flying mount, you fly over the gate, see some guy whose name is highlighted, land on top of him, kill him, and then fly away". So stealth walk by mobs kill named guy stealth back out. Same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeith View Post
    Finally! It is done.

Flying seemed interesting in the start but it really just got more and more stupid.

If people think that the game will be more boring with ground mounts only then, deep within, you probably don't like the game to begin with.
    "Fly up, pick up your items, fly down." 5 minutes game play. What will you do the rest of the day?
    No games are design around something like this or you would have to do 100 daily quests to make it worth playing. (Which in fact no one will think it is because... well dailies isn't THAT fun and a 100 of em? No thanks.)

Interesting game play is designed around what you do and not what you don't.
    Exactly, so thinking that the removal of flight rather than expanding on the idea will bring something that we haven't already had during leveling so many times isn't exactly clever.

And that old "you probably don't like the game to begin with"-crap is nothing more than that...crap. I have loved this game since I started, and as such I KNOW what I enjoy and don't. I enjoy leveling and have nothing against being grounded at times, but I also love flying and the freedom it brings over taxis.

Tell me, what will they be doing that they haven't been doing for the past 8 years when it comes to grounded content? 5 minutes of picking up a quest objective? Please, that's overstating it...it took me a whopping 2 minutes to get from questgiver to quest objective and beginning the journey back last night as I was, you guessed it, grounded. What I did the rest of the time I spent? Oh I don't know...I kept questing and doing what I enjoyed? Same as I have been for 6 years with and without flyers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    But its the same hypocritical excuse on the blue post which says,"Alternatively, from a flying mount, you fly over the gate, see some guy whose name is highlighted, land on top of him, kill him, and then fly away". So stealth walk by mobs kill named guy stealth back out. Same crap.
    There always existed NPCs who can stealth detect stealth.

is it just me or does that more look more "Dark Aminus losing blood as you run" than fiery?

I really am behind them on the no flying. The people raising hell are generally younger players. I have family, friends, and a lot of coworkers who play WoW, and every single one of them not only agree with the no flying, but love it.

I mean, to hear the same posters over the years repeating how great vanilla was and yet, when they implement something like this- no flying- into the game, these same people threaten to quit, pitch hissy fits, and cuss people out- over flying in a game. A game.

Ever since they announced this, I have been looking for the plethora of reasons why flying should be in the game- I have yet read a single pro other than it makes the game a lot easier. Easier.

So no sympathies from myself and about 22 others I know who play the game. I am not even touching on how many guildies are behind the idea.

Sure, we have a few who are having temper tantrums over it, but again- they are either younger players or players who just do not enjoy the game much as it is anyway.

When I would tend bar, I would come up with ideas to improve a drink's taste that many times would be met with "no. no. no." from my managers and some guests. Some did not like any change whatsoever. What did I do? I changed it anyway, called it something else, and the same people loved the changes I made in the drink. In their minds it was a different drink. In reality it would be the exact same drink on the menu, but with a slightly heavier amaretto and fresh lemon or lime juice as opposed to Rose's.

Give it a chance. It is going to happen. I see the benefits and the conveniences of flying. There will be times I will miss it. A few people are expressing arguments better than others. But some- Your endless outrage is like being stuck on an 8 hour flight with 10 screaming babies. Maybe that worked for you your whole life- screaming until a parent gave in and gave you a toy.