Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Take away choice and now everyone is on equal ground.
    In China and other Communist countries, they take away choice by censoring Google and any other website, people, etc that do not agree with their vision of how things should be.
    Now everyone is on equal ground, in China, in those Communist countries, because you do not get a choice to learn of other ideas, other perspectives.
    Everyone is on equal ground, once you take away choice, absolutely.

Blizzard is totally nailing this Chinese MoP xpac, if they do intend to go ahead with making WoW into a communist-like state, where the game devs decide what is fun, how you spend your time, how you spend your gold, which one spot you are allowed to set up your garrison, and despite my sarcasm, many of these are actually going to be features in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yolofaceroll View Post
    In China and other Communist countries, they take away choice by censoring Google and any other website, people, etc that do not agree with their vision of how things should be.
    Now everyone is on equal ground, in China, in those Communist countries, because you do not get a choice to learn of other ideas, other perspectives.
    Everyone is on equal ground, once you take away choice, absolutely.

Blizzard is totally nailing this Chinese MoP xpac, if they do intend to go ahead with making WoW into a communist-like state, where the game devs decide what is fun, how you spend your time, how you spend your gold, which one spot you are allowed to set up your garrison, and despite my sarcasm, many of these are actually going to be features in WoD
    Sorry I can't take you seriously when you compare a video games to communist countries. This is a VIDEO GAME that game developers make. As such they are allowed to make what changes they deem necessary. But please tell me how your 15 dollars a month entitles you to their game design process

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Sorry I can't take you seriously when you compare a video games to communist countries. This is a VIDEO GAME that game developers make. As such they are allowed to make what changes they deem necessary. But please tell me how your 15 dollars a month entitles you to their game design process
    His account name is fitting to. *Yolofaceroll* Not exactly good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This isn't about $15 or entitlement at all, it's just being used as an example, to show you why America's model of providing choice, freedom, and letting the people do what they like is a better path to take, than the path of removing choice in order to "equalize" everyone into the proletariat.

Using your removal of choice example, I would bet that if they removed instanced PvP as a choice for pvp activities, then you will see a ssuden surge in world PvP. This choice removal will be much more effective than removal of flight. Instanced PvP has rewards, offers some semblance of balance in terms of terrain and player count (bots and others still persist, but thats another story). You dont get any bonus honor or conquest when you do world PvP, that is only available from instanced PvP, whether areans, rbgs, or bot infested normal bgs. If instanced pvp were removed, then the rewards shifted to world pvp, you will see old Southshore vs Tarrenmill all over the new Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't the real world bro. Stop using it as an example.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Don't have a problem with no flying, but some mounts cannot be used as ground mounts (Cloud Serpent mounts for instance) so what do they intend to do with these, have the Elegon mount that i use on a daily basis.

So blizzards only argument is that its more fun and everyone should adhere to their definition of fun? What of those people that don't care about that kind of "fun" after max level? Why remove the choice, if people want to "hurdurgroundmount" they can already do it, no reason to force it on the rest of us.
    Its just something they did to milk out the content, the lack of real arguments shows that very clearly.

If it was only the lack of flying I would not care too much, but this removal of choice is seeping into every aspect of the game and thats not a good thing, not everyone needs blizzard to babysit them: if I wanted that then I would have bought a console.

The biggest disruptive tech they added was CRZ, flying has no impact on the world whatsoever.

//edit:

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyL View Post
    Making me kill pointless mobs to get to the one I need for the daily quest isn't going to inspire me to love being grounded, it's going to make me skip daily quests. And I'm not fooled by immersion arguments, world PvP fluff, or forced interaction with other players. The point is to make development easier so they don't end up with 14 month content gaps like they are having right now.
    This sums it up pretty good.

Those will simply be used as ground mounts, I remember one of the blizz dev's stated that on twitter. All mounts will be usable on the ground, so whatever mount we can't use now because it is a ground only zone (darkmoon faire, timeless, etc), they will be usable as ground mounts in WoD

Flying ruined World of Warcraft. They should have thought that when they inplemented this in the burning crusade. Now finally they have seen the light but to late imo. To many people are spoiled by flying mounts. While i agree with the dev that this way of play is more fun and u get a whole different view of the world. I hope they ban flying in WoD, there were no flying mounts in vanilla and it was great! Lets bring that time back again they have the chance i hope they do it so we can actually play the game how its meant to be.
    Flying didn't ruin the game, cross server tech did and queuing for everything did. Those two features removed the need to socialize on your server to accomplish goals. Now you can join a queue in game for everything up to LFR, and you can Oqueue the rest of the game.

Forcing people to the ground isn't going to bring a return the the magical days of Vanilla when we all ran to the 5 mans with friends and/or formed groups from friends lists made up of people we knew on our server. People are going to do just like they do now... sit in cities and queue or sit in their garrison and queue.

Making me kill pointless mobs to get to the one I need for the daily quest isn't going to inspire me to love being grounded, it's going to make me skip daily quests. And I'm not fooled by immersion arguments, world PvP fluff, or forced interaction with other players. The point is to make development easier so they don't end up with 14 month content gaps like they are having right now.

I canceled my sub because of their shady approach to the entire thing, and won't buy the xpac or resub unless flying comes back in 6.1. I've played since original Beta with just a few end of xpac breaks, but this is the first time I've felt like I'm probably done for good. A lazy development team is sealing that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kededia View Post
    Flying ruined World of Warcraft. They should have thought that when they inplemented this in the burning crusade. Now finally they have seen the light but to late imo. To many people are spoiled by flying mounts. While i agree with the dev that this way of play is more fun and u get a whole different view of the world. I hope they ban flying in WoD, there were no flying mounts in vanilla and it was great! Lets bring that time back again they have the chance i hope they do it so we can actually play the game how its meant to be.
    So you played a failed game for 7 years?
    and this flying thing was so bad to wow, that during WoTLK, flying prime time, there was 12 million of us...

Ah, on this episode of "blizzard shoots itself in the foot..." and just like with the start of every expansion bad ideas such as this get reversed once the sub numbers are public. You'd think after two poor expansions they would learn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cursero View Post
    So you do want that the sub number goes down to a number where is no longer possible to keep the game alive? and do you really want a WoW where only a few "we eat everything blizz, because they say we must like it and they are like a god of mmos" people play?

Because thats how you get a dead game.

If you'd love this game, you should be trying to bring more people to it and to avoid people leave. You want a community, yet you doesn't back up other players feeling even if you disagree with them. You want people to quit the game. why?
    There is no reason people would be forced to quit just because they remove flying. It just makes more sense to me. Removing flying makes the game more enjoyable, instead of playing 10-15 hours / day ill play 24/7. World pvp will be ressurected for sure. The content had been dead, everyone flying and rushing through areas. We miss so many nice places ingame and we dont get to see whats realy worth. If its available your forced in a way to use flying mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a thought on the whole No flying thing, Remember Stormwind before it was possible to fly there, basically it was just 2d buildings, I'm wondering if its just easier for blizzard and quicker to make Draenor 2d then they wouldnt have to model the whole thing in 3d etc. Saves time and money. then come up with some World PVP crap excuse as to why they did it , I know people don't like World pvp even on pvp servers, go to timeless island and watch chat channel with people crying about blood coin farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Here's my problem. We're sitting here with absolutely no content for god knows how long yet Blizzard find time to make more mounts to sell.

I'm fully aware that a raid tier or even dungeons is a significantly bigger time investment than mounts but if this ends up on the Blizzard store, to which it probably will then it's outright insulting. Every single bit of focus mounts or otherwise should be directed at WoD so we don't have to wait another 6 months with SoO.
    How do you know a single artist didn't create it on his/her lunch break or off hours? Because.. you know artists sometimes just like their work and do it for fun. Bottom line: you're a whiner, whining about inconsequential crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodeith View Post
    "Fly up, pick up your items, fly down." 5 minutes game play. What will you do the rest of the day?
    Cry on forums about how easy the game has become and how lame and dishonest Blizzard is. Gosh! Don't you know ANYTHING!?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Making a fun game makes people want to play the game, not nickle and diming their time. Was the game an insulting disservice to you as an adult before flying existed?

The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.
    Are them serious about that? Compare the amount of subscriptions now and the amount of subscriptions THEN. What they want? Downsizing the player base to the World of Walkcradt times?

Deleted
    Thats Dethklok's thunderhorse....

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So every 3 months we are getting a new store mount or RAF? Fucking hell. Maybe its time to quit wow.

My money can best be spent elsewhere than on a stupid fucking game that keeps throwing the things I love into the store.
    Agree with you 110% , only game in the world where we pay so much to play and then they tell us the $400 you spent on base expansion isn't enough . You don't deserve it all give us more money . But we know Blizzard it all money , money , money lol and we are nothing but a cash cow , but proud to say I don't play WOW no more switching to Wild Star .And I loved WOW , sad to walk away but enough is enough .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Making a fun game makes people want to play the game, not nickle and diming their time. Was the game an insulting disservice to you as an adult before flying existed?

The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.
    Are them serious about that? Compare the amount of subscriptions now and the amount of subscriptions THEN. What they want? Downsizing the player base to the World of Walkcradt times?
    "Not nickel and diming their time" . How about nickel and diming us for more and more money . I paid you well over $400 to play MoP. But Blizzard stance is well you did buy he game and you did pay us a sub by the month . But that not enough you don't deserve everything in the game . Give us more money that's nickel and diming us to death .For that I hope your company chokes on its own greed . Blizzard made atleast 1.7 Billion dollars off MoP if not more . I bet if they open the books they spent at most 10% of that in return on making MoP and WoD that is the true disservice.

So instead of experimenting with ways to make flying interesting and integral to the game (or mounts in general, making them beyond just faster movement), they're just making it so players can be "clever" and dungeon pull mobs to the end. Sounds like WoD is grounds for warfare, it should bring a pretext of dangerous skies or something (cannon fire, monsters, patrols, uncontrollable weather). Are they incapable of moving forward or just neglecting to? They should make good use of the Warcraft IP instead of it slowly committing suicide. But that's just my opinion

Store or RAF mount. They never really add the cool unique mounts in-game anymore. Which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    pretty sure this is going to be the new RAF mount guys considering how it says "Fiery mechanical steeds are best when they can be used with friends."
    I think that more points to the fact that it'll be a two-person ground mount than that it's an RaF mount.

Doubly makes sense as a two-person since the fact that flying isn't happening at launch of WoD is more solidified now that they've made that big post.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.