Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Sodapoppin is not a "WoW" streamer anymore.

He just annonced it live. Will play wow time to time on request but officialy said he's not a wow streamer anymore.

Who is Sodapoppin (inb4)? Basically 70% of WoW audience on Twitch (7k to 10k viewers average). One of the most funny streamer (and loved if i remind the poll on battle.net). Something like 170 000 subs on Youtube. I think he even won the best streamer award or something from Blizzard this year but cant find the link tho. Here actually

Most Popular Non-English Streamer
    1st Place: Sodapoppin – 389,251,500 minutes watched

Favorite World of Warcraft Stream
    1st Place: Sodapoppin
    2nd Place: Reckful
    3rd Place: Swifty

What he's playing then? Looks like he's gonna give a solid try to Wildstar and just started to stream the closed beta. Maybe more PS4 games and so on. He's still a MMO lover. I guess i ll sub to him if he play Wildstar as a main game. He just sucks at console game imo ^^

Np for the news.

Edit lol 3500 views in 2h......

Love u chance, whatever game you play, whatever shit you do. <3333

Mod-note: Moved the thread, I don't see an overall discussion to be build on this topic to fulfill the world of warcraft topic. Though I wont lock it as there might be some following/knowing of this streamer and would like to talk about it. But this thread is to talk about the streamer and his doings, not really world of warcraft.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-26 at 10:08 AM.

Never heard of him. He doesn't sound very important.

Good for him, Wildstar is looking awesome. I've been watching dungeon vids today, they look amazing.

One of those beams one-shots you and the circles do a daze effect thing.

On topic, I'm sure he'll be back to WoW soon enough, considering that Wildstar is coming out in June and WoD isn't coming out until fall that should give him plenty of time to do a bunch of stuff in other games before the expansion releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Never heard of him. He doesn't sound very important.
    few years in the future in barren wow servers where theres 2 people playing..

zervek: im leaving

the other guy: Never heard of you. you doesn't sound very important.

epin

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked his style, so don't watch him. If he wants to switch WoW to Wildstar, good for him. Might move his wonderful fanbase away. I just have a feeling he'll come running back to WoW when WoD comes.

Ugh .. yesterday a sack of rice has fallen over, in china of all places!

I've watched him from time to time, he is one of the better streamers that actually tried to interact with his audience rather then Swifty and Bajheera (although he is a bit better)

WoW is in a slump right now so it is to be expected that some streamers will focus on other games to keep their viewership up

10+ Year Old Account
    Good I couldn't stand his channel, when someone told me to check it out not sure if it was a troll or not but watched for 10min and left never to look back. Its great hes a successful streamer just not my kinda streamer.

I have yet to meet a single WoW Streamer I thought deserved my viewership, they all screamed, demanded donations, and acted like children. It was pathetic. I can almost say with certainty though that the reason he is switching is because he is getting given incentive to switch. Wildstar Developers have asked quite a few streamers to switch to them and is giving them free beta access in return. Its just a PR Move.

In all honesty if he doesn't come back he will not be missed

Deleted
    im not surprised, i would be so bored playing the game 10hours a day for 8 years or what ever it is, im surprised he didn't quit earlier.

Never liked him. Glad to here that Swifty will have less competition now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Good for him, Wildstar is looking awesome. I've been watching dungeon vids today, they look amazing.

One of those beams one-shots you and the circles do a daze effect thing.

On topic, I'm sure he'll be back to WoW soon enough, considering that Wildstar is coming out in June and WoD isn't coming out until fall that should give him plenty of time to do a bunch of stuff in other games before the expansion releases.
    wait what? from what i've seen wildstar is such a let down, such a standard-whatever mmo. nothing special at all.
    I can't understand all the hype going on about it. I'm pretty positive it's going to end just like every other mmo that came out in the last few years.

Wildstar , another "boat" that won't make it to the end.Just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I have yet to meet a single WoW Streamer I thought deserved my viewership, they all screamed, demanded donations, and acted like children. It was pathetic. I can almost say with certainty though that the reason he is switching is because he is getting given incentive to switch. Wildstar Developers have asked quite a few streamers to switch to them and is giving them free beta access in return. Its just a PR Move.

In all honesty if he doesn't come back he will not be missed
    Seen Bajheera?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromgar View Post
    It will survive. Although I don't personally like the theme, Wildstar is a really well-made game. It's worth giving a chance if you like sci-fi MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromgar View Post
    It's a decent game, but propably too much of a niche to find a very large audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    wait what? from what i've seen wildstar is such a let down, such a standard-whatever mmo. nothing special at all.
    I can't understand all the hype going on about it. I'm pretty positive it's going to end just like every other mmo that came out in the last few years.
    Have you seen a dungeon encounter like that in WoW? Like...ever? Watch the vid, those guys make it look easy.

I enjoyed the game in beta testing, I think the game will do fine for itself. 40 man raids and difficult dungeon content won't appeal to everyone, however; it will be more of a niche market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I'd say it's a pretty heavy blow for Blizzard. They also lost Kungen, and usually when these guys quit they're very opionated and sell a lot of negative advertisement for WoW.

That said though, even Kungen came back for MoP, and most likely Sodapoppin too will feel the temptation arise later this year.
    Saying a single streamer on twitch who is no longer playing the game is a heavy blow to Blizzard as a whole is a bit silly in my opinion..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

Heard him mention it a few times before, a bit surprised by the decision to move to Wildstar though. The game's not looking that great, it's just too over hyped because "ERHMAGERD VANILLA WOW FEELING INC", but oh well I'll be there to see it's fall and end up being right just like I was with GW2, Rift, SWTOR and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Heard him mention it a few times before, a bit surprised by the decision to move to Wildstar though. The game's not looking that great, it's just too over hyped because "ERHMAGERD VANILLA WOW FEELING INC", but oh well I'll be there to see it's fall and end up being right just like I was with GW2, Rift, SWTOR and so on.
    Wildstar is better made than those games.

Didn't you like vanilla WoW? You do realise that millions of people did, right?