Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    it's a 6% proc chance as far as I know and not any different in pvp
    It's a 6% proc chance for both Elemental and Restoration, and it has a 4 second internal cooldown against players, so it doesn't cause unreasonable damage.

I suggest some tips for you:

1. You read up on a talent before you decide that it needs to be nerfed and;
    2. You read up on the fact that it's not even useful in PvP, and any Shaman with half a brain wouldn't pick it anyway.

Cry for a nerf for Echo as much as you want, it really won't change anything. Besides, haven't you read the front page? It's being redesigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    It's a 6% proc chance for both Elemental and Restoration, and it has a 4 second internal cooldown against players, so it doesn't cause unreasonable damage.

I suggest some tips for you:

1. You read up on a talent before you decide that it needs to be nerfed and;
    2. You read up on the fact that it's not even useful in PvP, and any Shaman with half a brain wouldn't pick it anyway.

Cry for a nerf for Echo as much as you want, it really won't change anything. Besides, haven't you read the front page? It's being redesigned.
    yeah, cause blizz thinks it needs to be nerfed

random 250k damage in a global does not promote skillful or tactical play.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, cause blizz thinks it needs to be nerfed

Now you just sound like you're trolling. Echo of the Elements stopped being useful in a PvP environment when the internal cooldown was added. I admit it was previously stupid when the stars aligned but you have absolutely nothing to complain about now that it was changed. It's the go-to PvE talent, but Ancestral Swiftness and Elemental Mastery overshadow Echo of the Elements so much that the lowest percentage of Shaman population uses it, and I'd argue they're probably low on brain cells too. You were just very unlucky, and this does not constitute another nerf to the already 'useless in PvP' talent. Besides, Elemental is balanced around their mastery, that's why Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt by themselves don't hit for as much as other caster abilities, they were brought down to make up for the extra damage they'll do when mastery triggers.

Echo of the Elements is being redesigned because in its current form, it's just an illogical and not-fun talent. With the direction they're taking it in Warlords, I might actually use it for something other than PvE.

Deleted
    lol huntard complaining about elemental shaman haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just wait for Multistrike on top of EotE and Ele's Mastery.

50 Lava Bursts to the face!
    As mentioned EotE is being changed to allow certain abilities to immediately come off cooldown after proccing.

Multistrike + overload is still a possibility, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I got blade stormed for about 1.5x that in 2s, there's worse out there

Looked more like a lava surge proc mid lava burst tbh. Those are more painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like a true huntard. You can do the same burst, without the rng.

As said, there's other things that could of been rather than an Echo of the Elements, and even without Echo, ele's mastery gives the chance to fire a second hit at 75% damage.
    Also...couldn't you of just used Glyph of Mirrored Blades and popped det once he flame shocked you and you saw him casting? Even without the glyph, you'd take nothing from it, but with it you would of bounced it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    you just make yourself look dumber every time you try and counter one of my posts.
    I'd argue that is debatable.

what you just outlined is at least 2 globals and isn't guaranteed to all crit unlike lava burst.
    1. ye it's not guaranteed to crit, but nor is lava burst guaranteed to proc echo (the chance that your stuff crits back to back is still higher than that lava burst procs echo)
    2. I attempted to make a pic that explains how the globals works in WoW

The damage arrives within the time frame of the same global (since there is no travel time nor casting time), just like the damage of a lava burst that procs echo arrives in the same global. The difference is that chimera happens at the start of the global and Fire! at the end of the global (which is the same as the beginning of the next global). Or in other words: the second global starts after Fire! has done it's damage (instant aimed shot).

Edit: For an elemental shaman to do 105k lava bursts in iLvl 537 like the guy in your screenshot:
    - he needs to play with unleash fury which leaves a debuff on you and a buff on him after unleashing
    - or he needs tricks / clearcasting / trinket procs
    Besides: clearcasting and unleash flame can be purged, unleashed fury debuff can be dispelled

Lava burst hits standard for like early 50k crit on a player target that has flame shock on it, without clearcasting / trinket / jade spirit procs and without unleashing.
    Last edited by zenga; 2014-04-26 at 02:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They nerfing it in WoD, and already stated that no balance patch will come for the rest of MoP.

Also on the side note, you play hunter, you have the least right of all the classes to whine.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

At least as a hunter u can die rather quickly unlikely the tank mode elem shamans nowdays.Its true that hunters have insane burst,but elem has the same burst many times even more and 10 times the survivability of hunter and way more utility for the team.Most of u,seem to have close to 0 exp from arena above 1,5k rating,from the statements that u make.
    P.S i am not trying to offend anyone,but it seems like u dont have any exp really

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    At least as a hunter u can die rather quickly unlikely the tank mode elem shamans nowdays.Its true that hunters have insane burst,but elem has the same burst many times even more and 10 times the survivability of hunter and way more utility for the team.Most of u,seem to have close to 0 exp from arena above 1,5k rating,from the statements that u make.
    P.S i am not trying to offend anyone,but it seems like u dont have any exp really
    Um...elemental shamans are tanky? Since when? All I remember ever hearing about them is how squishy they are, and you're missing the fact hunter has a lot more keep away than ele does

At least since the recent changes from 5.3 (i think).Atm a elem shaman with half brain cell can survive pretty easily a 2vs1 situation for quite a while with all the defensives and utility he can provide/has.This is the general opinion of many shamans that are quite decent.
    P.S EotE is garbage for pvp atm,AS is way better and way more helpful.

Echo is getting changed in WoD. Currently, instead of duplicating a spell, it gives your spell a chance to avoid it's cooldown.

best trolling eu, ele more tanky than hunter.

ele has so many escapes like erm,............... yeh i'll finish this post in WoD if we get something.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    best trolling eu, ele more tanky than hunter.

ele has so many escapes like erm,............... yeh i'll finish this post in WoD if we get something.
    Ele may not be tankier, but they have far better self healing.

Socialhealer ur exp from arena?because u sure have really low exp

Echo completely reworked in WoD, but i don't know is it worth nerfing during MoP since Elemental already has very weak single target damage.

At least since the recent changes from 5.3 (i think).Atm a elem shaman with half brain cell can survive pretty easily a 2vs1 situation for quite a while with all the defensives and utility he can provide/has.This is the general opinion of many shamans that are quite decent.
    P.S EotE is garbage for pvp atm,AS is way better and way more helpful.
    I would think a enhance shaman would be better for survival, since they can pump out more healing, and have all the same defensives as ele, plus spirit wolves. Also please give evidence rather than just claiming that it's the general opinion?